BattIeBorn

Underground area in OP First light

Underground areas on OP First Light  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should underground areas be introduced below the castle, the village, and the storage?

• Yes, this will bring an added dynamic and new life into the map.
    • Yes, but further down the track - there are more important things first.
    • No, spend the time and effort elsewhere.

Hey, everyone. So I was just thinking while in a cam under the map on OP First light that there should be some underground areas included to add some depth to the map. I was thinking that The Castle could have a dungeon, the Storage Site could have an underground storage area, and the Village could have a bunker with the entrance to it in the concrete rubble on the northern edge of town.

So what are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, BattIeBorn said:

could have a dungeon

What kind of dungeon? ;)

I am planing on doing an expansion of first light when the new sdk comes out, i love the map but it gets repetitive.

Im hoping i can get something working and looking decently

how deep can it go? Would love to have more vertical fights, eg missile silos with lots of exposed stairs and walkways.

"they have a fob down there"

"let them keep it but dont let them out"

I like the idea of keeping the map area small but adding more playable area within it

I wouldn't mind seeing some basements added to appropriate buildings on the various maps we have or future ones. Insurgent tunnels as well. Only something realistic, IRL, underground rooms and tunnels are expensive and rarely built without good reason, I don't want to see Dr. Evil underground networks added just for the hell of it. 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:35 PM, ChanceBrahh said:

What kind of dungeon? ;)

I am planing on doing an expansion of first light when the new sdk comes out, i love the map but it gets repetitive.

Im hoping i can get something working and looking decently

Rape dungeon if that's your kinda thing... Too PC? I don't know mate, possibly just like a stone walled basement that would have been built hundreds of years ago?

I'd also personally like to see some more higher hills around the outskirts of the map. With the plentiful trees around, they'd make for interesting places to use as FSB's that wouldn't be too OP due to said trees. The map definitely needs some water too, whether or not it's smaller creeks or even larger washouts with rocks or something from one of the said larger hills. Something to add to the scenery, and also the creeks have a tactical purpose.

On 3/24/2017 at 11:29 AM, LugNut said:

I wouldn't mind seeing some basements added to appropriate buildings on the various maps we have or future ones. Insurgent tunnels as well. Only something realistic, IRL, underground rooms and tunnels are expensive and rarely built without good reason, I don't want to see Dr. Evil underground networks added just for the hell of it. 

Of course, I was only thinking about a single level small'ish possibly house or more sized subfloor areas.

Edited by BattIeBorn

On 3/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, Major Trouble said:

Perhaps the train line could be expanded towards US main with a tunnel through the hillside. 

Also another great idea! I would think that it would have to run to the east or south-east from the US spawn, or long as it was far enough away from spawn that it didn't ruin the current flow of the map.