shakazulu89

Major lag spikes

Hey squadies

I have a strong computer and very fast internet. game runs perfect 60 fps and ping is around 20, but about every 5 seconds i get a huge lag spike up to 600-900 ping for a second or two. Makes it pretty much unplayable. I also keep getting kicked out of server which i assume is related.

I am connected directly to ethernet so router is not the issue i think.

Any help? can i provide any further information to help debug this??

please help im dieing to enjoy V9 but i cant play like this :(

Thanks!

Roy

just a lil bump

this is still an issue. driving me crazy. causing me all the time to jump out of cover. this is not a graphics performance issue, happening even on low settings (and i have a high end set up).

On 24.03.2017 at 0:10 AM, shakazulu89 said:

Hey squadies

I have a strong computer and very fast internet. game runs perfect 60 fps and ping is around 20, but about every 5 seconds i get a huge lag spike up to 600-900 ping for a second or two. Makes it pretty much unplayable. I also keep getting kicked out of server which i assume is related.

I am connected directly to ethernet so router is not the issue i think.

Any help? can i provide any further information to help debug this??

please help im dieing to enjoy V9 but i cant play like this :(

Thanks!

Roy

Do you have same problem as on my video or not?

Edited by FullRussianMachine

Came here to reply to this thread.  The last few nights of playing Squad on a server with a sub 50ms ping I get these constant lag spikes. One time it cleared up from disconnecting and reconnecting to the server, but tonight I reconnected about 4 times and each time (new session with the server) I would get lag spikes of player/vehicle positional data every 2-5 seconds, consistently. Eg. if I'm running with my squad, the other players warp from place to place at 2-5 second intervals as the server interpolates the data it is giving my client.  It is most obvious when the other players change direction (as they suddenly zip in another direction), but it is happening constantly and consistently (steadily) throughout the entire match.  Riding in vehicles results in the vehicle running off the road and into trees only to suddenly warp back onto the road, rinse and repeat. Sometimes comically the vehicle will catch on fire or fly into the air before correcting itself.  Desperately looking for an answer on this, as the game is literally unplayable (lack of enjoyment) in this state.

Here is a basic example, but doesn't perfectly demonstrate what is going on. It shows players running against objects and then warping (or disappearing), and also dying in front of my eyes with not a bullet strike to be heard.  VOIP comms seems unaffected by the lag (I still hear clear comms the entire match).

I have a buddy who was plagued by the same issue on another day, but not today whilst in the server with me, so I don't think it is a server side thing.

Edited by rainey06au

I think my issue may be solved by using a more appropriate DNS server (I was running Google's 8.8.8.8).  Since then my tickrate issue seems to have gone away.