PROTOCOL

Radio Ear Assignment (w/Priority Channel auto reduction)

There are often times when the COMS can become cluttered, even when making attempts to adjust volume in channel sliders. This occurs when communications flood *ALL* channels at the same time. This is additionally challenging for those attempting to SL for the 1st time. Below is an attempt to allow options in settings for assigned channels by ear. The default will remain *BOTH EARS, unless changed by user. Additionally, it suggest volume program changes to channels based on Priority Override. The volume sliders will retain option for user adjustments.

WORKING EXAMPLE
Channel Sound Level  % Ear Assignment (default = both) Priority           (HARD-CODED) for SL
Commander keep adjustable  slider volume 150 Left  Right Both* P1 Auto mute/reduce P2, P3 when active
Squad keep adjustable  slider volume 100 Left  Right Both* P2 Auto mute/reduce P3 when active
Local keep adjustable  slider volume 60 N/A N/A Both* P3 N/A

Thanks for feedback & support guys. Hope a DEV can review/comment if this is a viable option.

On 3/23/2017 at 9:51 AM, PROTOCOL said:

There are often times when the COMS can become cluttered, even when making attempts to adjust volume in channel sliders. This occurs when communications flood *ALL* channels at the same time. This is additionally challenging for those attempting to SL for the 1st time. Below is an attempt to allow options in settings for assigned channels by ear. The default will remain *BOTH EARS, unless changed by user. Additionally, it suggest volume program changes to channels based on Priority Override. The volume sliders will retain option for user adjustments.

WORKING EXAMPLE
Channel Sound Level  % Ear Assignment (default = both) Priority           (HARD-CODED) for SL
Commander keep adjustable  slider volume 150 Left  Right Both* P1 Auto mute/reduce P2, P3 when active
Squad keep adjustable  slider volume 100 Left  Right Both* P2 Auto mute/reduce P3 when active
Local keep adjustable  slider volume 60 N/A N/A Both* P3 N/A

Awesome Idea! I knolw how well it works in Arma. DO IT!

Thanks for input... I hope this in combination w/above approach, will help the DEVS make this a reality fairly soon. Seeing that they recently added individual SL-SL coms... this may help round-out/complete the Radio needs. Communication is key in this game and waiting for a "repeat that" can sometimes cost you a life. Would be nice to see this along side the animation update(s), if possible! 

Edited by PROTOCOL

On 3/25/2017 at 2:23 PM, Peregrine said:

Assigning channels to a specific ear is a planned feature:

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/4og3r2/devs_regarding_voip_channels/

That was 9 months ago though, so no idea if they have changed their mind on this.

It's probably just a low priority.

Would be nice to see these ideas make it into an update soon. 

+1

Being an SL is cancer with all the comms. The panning is a great solution imo. 
This gives an audible spectrum which makes it easyer to focus attention to certain comms when required. 

Thanks everyone, for the positive feedback. Anyone know a good way to get a DEV to take a peek and see if any of this is doable in a future update? 

The Devs already replied to the Reddit thread on this issue; they stated they are getting to it, but I would imagine its a minor priority thing anyway; much bigger game play systems and content to work on in the mean time. I wouldn't expect it soon, but would after A10 and other content gets released, at which point they can visit the QoL stuff. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

3 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

The Devs already replied to the Reddit thread on this issue; they stated they are getting to it, but I would imagine its a minor priority thing anyway; much bigger game play systems and content to work on in the mean time. I wouldn't expect it soon, but would after A10 and other content gets released, at which point they can visit the QoL stuff. 

Yeah, but I'm wondering if they could take a look at some of the approach details here as well and mix-up whatever works best. Yeah, I agree with QoL time-line makes sense and reasonable expectation. 

+1 great idea

ACRE for Arma had some customizable ability like this.

Though I don't like reducing the proximity based VOIP volume.... to me that is not what is a problem, its the squad based comms that gets too much. proximity is good because as long as everyone is not sitting 3 feet from you, it is self regulating on volume, because you can walk over to somewhere a little quieter if for some reason you are surrounded by a bunch of chatty soldiers.

Edited by fuzzhead

Although this is a good idea, I don't think it would work. You would have different voices in each ear at the same time. The ONLY game I saw this function perfectly was SOCOM Confrontation on PS3.

You had the sound of the game and local voice chat coming out from you stereo TV. For radio, you had something like a Motorola headset H800. Now that was perfection. And that wouldn't ever work in SQUAD because we don't play in TVs.