RevolT

How do you feel when you lose?

43 posts in this topic

I don't know how you guys feel, but if I play one round and lose it, It can drastically affect my mood for the entire day... Especially when your squad plays consistently throughout the match and you do everything you can to win, but still fail to do so. Later, I can spend a lot of time thinking and analyzing the game and how I could have played otherwise.

''Yeah, well, we deserved it''. And move on to the next match with a hope that this time we'll win. 1 Squad can't win the entire match in most situations, if not in all.

Win or loose, im happy if own squad have been fighting well and listen orders.

That's ****ing deep dude haha you take the game a little too seriously 

It's good the reason why your team failed but I wouldn't dwell on it to much. It's usually not an individual thing but a choice of tactics. That's what Squad brings to the table over other FPS games. Just take from it that you tend to learn more from failures than you do success and move on to greater things.

Posted (edited)

There are so many variables it becomes impossible to pinpoint specific reasons for winning or losing. So after a while I just learned to enjoy the game and not worry too much about winning or losing, except when my team was steamrolled back to main base, but then one player or squad alone cant win by themselves. The best games are always those with a close score, in these I never mind losing by a few tickets as the game was balanced, everyone performed well, these matches area always fun despite who actually won.

Edited by Zenrique

May need to start a "Blue Couch" forum section for those requiring counseling after a hard loss. Shouldn't affect your mood for a whole day or even a minute, its a game. View the game from a macro perspective understand how other squads are contributing in coordination with yours, or lack thereof. Try Squad leading more to make an attempt to impact the macro level game play, or even understand how the enemy countered with better strategy.  

Rather be in a squad of losers who stuck together and played as a team, then a squad of winners who where mostly mute rambos

Win or lose its the other 8 people that make the game for me. 

I dont fell at all like that. I love the well played rounds no matter if my team wins or not. If i had fun (fun=lots of teamwork in squad) during the round it doesnt matter how it ends).

The worst round are the ones were nothing works. Squad doesnt follow orders, team isnt working together, vehicles get stuck, blind players using RPG, players with rpgs spawned on different fob and so on. Round like these almost make me rage quit. Never done it though. Almost always play SL and dont want to leave squad in SL lottery.

Sometimes i'm angry, but not because the enemy, because about inability of my team. Normally, I do not feel anything special

Posted (edited)

If I feel like a loser I go play my favorite Rocky music and watch this to get me back up.

What are we waiting for!

Edited by XRobinson
rocky rocky

IF you made a good job with your Squad, you can still feel good!
If you play only with a bunch of donkey SLs then its pretty frustrating

Wow, a lot of responses:) I am SLing now in 90% of all cases, and I'm usually pretty calm during the game and even if we lose it I remain calm. It's just a weird lasting feeling of frustration  :) Probably because I do not have the luxury to play a lot due to work and I really value those moments when I get to play the game

1 hour ago, UnderFire said:

Win or lose its the other 8 people that make the game for me. 

^

Totally this.

Squad is the only game where I really don´t care if I win or loose as long as the round was fun.

It usually just motivates me to try to fix the team next round. If we lost because of weak SLs I'll usually be SL next game and try to change things. 

I don't mind losing by a 100 tickets or less, but that's a rare occasion for me in this game. Usually it's a super unbalanced ass beating that repeats itself until I rage quit.

Absolutely nothing.

Accomplishments during the game is everything and I couldn't care any less about losing a round since that just means the round's over and we get a different area to fight over.

I don't really care if I lose if we have a good game, but if I have a string of games where it seems like my squad is the only one that has it's shit together and we lose several games in a row, it gets frustrating. So I take a break and then come back fresh!

Wald

Unless my team is being absolutely steamrolled, I don't care too much. I can lose the war as long as I can fight some cool battles along the way.

I try and only play with other people - almost all clans have discord or TeamSpeak and almost all welcome anyone that wants to play along.

Those hour long bad matches remind me of Dota 2, but at least with Squad - you can leave without penalty.  If it is getting to you, leave and look for another server but I HIGHLY suggest playing with other groups.

The matches are so long that at then end it doesn't really bother me at all. More excited to move onto the next match and hopefully do better since everyone knows how the team works together.

Small victories.

When it is clear that other parts of the team are not going to be able to help turn the game around I will usually choose an objective which is achievable by my squad and put everything into making sure that happens. Eg taking down a fob, capturing or defending a flag.

I can win this way.

Equally the team can sometimes win while the squad I am in does quite poorly. Fodder in some cases. There are occasions where no matter what you do someone is there to get you. Clearly we have distracted the enemy enough so that other squads have been free to advance but it still sucks to be stuck in that situation.

Posted (edited)

Losing a round has never bothered me. What does bother me is the effects of starting to loose with negative team mates reaction. I can't stand when on team starting to lose and then it turns into squad leaders blaming other squad leaders or squad members, squad members blaming there  current or other squad leader, or any combination, for fault and then everyone starts getting defensive, stops cooperating, and working against there team mates. So when your team is starting to lose cooperation and teamwork is critical to turn the game around and no cooperation or teamwork will turn a bad situation worse and lead to total defeat or arguments.

Edited by OverVolts

a good game win or lose is if me and my squad (as squadleader i care about the other squads as well) has good teamwork and good fighting spirit and try to play an important objective. win or lose the objective, win or lose the game doesnt really matter to me... if you lose a viable point even though the whole squad comes together... then you did well. often you lose when outnumbered more than anything, thats just how the world is.

On 23.3.2017 at 4:04 PM, koschilein said:

^

Totally this.

Squad is the only game where I really don´t care if I win or loose as long as the round was fun.

Absolutely. I have never been happy in a game after a lost game. But in Squad I was happy because losing felt awesome thanks to teamplay. :)