Socrates

With the Long Awaited V9 Update - What are your Expectations for Version 10?

86 posts in this topic
On 22/03/2017 at 11:07 PM, rainey06au said:

The animation update, localised vehicle damage (maybe?), medic dragging (maybe?), Al Basrah, British faction.  I would really like to see the friendly name labels turned off, and instead have the game represent your playername and squad number somewhere on your uniform. So to check for a friend or squad member you need to do a close-up visual inspection.  I find that the playernames are distracting when you either see them intefere with your perception of an enemy in the foreground, or you simply check for the names before firing. It would be great to put the focus back on the visual representation of your faction.

This would be a problem for mics tho ur have to look at ur map to know what to say to who

I agree with most but if ur adding a UK like USA and russain armies you have to add a insurgent like group to to keep the balance you then could have a 8km map with 12 control points and 4 fractions on the map like USA and UK vs the mitlia and insurgent like coatlion of Afghanistan war etc?

@Dls Samuel I don't think having 4 faction, 2 on each team, is a good idea. Instead the weaker factions here being Insurgents and Militia can get a few perks to put balance things out. Starting to introduce multi-faction teams is going to be a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

@Dls Samuel I don't think having 4 faction, 2 on each team, is a good idea. Instead the weaker factions here being Insurgents and Militia can get a few perks to put balance things out. Starting to introduce multi-faction teams is going to be a nightmare. 

The idea is based on the idea of team work and realism as well as the war on terror in Afghanistan this war was USA-uk led you would have to fractions as such your have 6 squads in each team at random your be one fraction as owi are looking to add 3-4 other new fractions there will be a time where you have a coalition forces vs the military and insurgent sort fighting especially on much bigger maps where you have a coalition of a few platoon like element in the map like 10km maps  as one fraction wouldn't be alone on the map this would also be teamwork based as you could then have to talk to your allies in how to win while one element attck the left flank the other would attck the right flank this would mean that the cmander and squad leader would have bigger squads 12 members and more organization most times now is not one country going to war and fightibg it NATO who arrange what groups go in you can have the black hand as Taliban red iron as isil etc this would make more sense on bigger maps with 100 vs 100 and more the admins could then choose what fractions are in the map and then they could decide more things

Or you could have an in balnaced team USA vs two enemy fractions like insurgents and milita?

3 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

That video needs tanks and helis! xD

No your need bigger several first as you wouldn't have enough infantry plus in the current state of the game a platton in real life don't have helis or tanks even in Afghanistan they was a different company liked your need roles to them and the equipment to stop them have not be developes yet locked squads is a poor choice for squad I've seen a lot of talk on it the forums this will damage game play and cooperation as new players will have to be sl all new players this will also need to be improved on the works of squad to work better frost then add more vechones and add more fractions before developing for vechines

2 hours ago, Dls Samuel said:

No your need bigger several first as you wouldn't have enough infantry plus in the current state of the game a platton in real life don't have helis or tanks even in Afghanistan they was a different company liked your need roles to them and the equipment to stop them have not be developes yet locked squads is a poor choice for squad I've seen a lot of talk on it the forums this will damage game play and cooperation as new players will have to be sl all new players this will also need to be improved on the works of squad to work better frost then add more vechones and add more fractions before developing for vechines

I was being sarcastic. I know a'lot of things need to be implemented in before all of that stuff is added. ;)

Edited by WarEagle751