Socrates

With the Long Awaited V9 Update - What are your Expectations for Version 10?

86 posts in this topic

I guess the main highlights of Version 9 would be the addition of tanks and more heavy vehicles. Maps got bigger.

What are your expectations for Version 10?

I would really like to see the expansion of max players in a server (80 at the moment). On the 4k maps, 80 players is still too small for a 4k sized map. (squads are operating in isolation on super far away capture points).

I personally liked the top right display of the timer and the number of tickets left that we had before instead of pressing tab and losing control of turning your mouse around while the scoreboard is displayed to see the timer and the tickets left. If they were to bring this back, I think it might be a V. 9.# update instead of a V10 major update.

36 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I guess the main highlights of Version 9 would be the addition of tanks and more heavy vehicles. Maps got bigger.

I wouldn't say that few new models of btrs is a main highlight of v9.

Maps got bigger, yeah.

But the main highlight is HABs. It changes meta.

If you look at v9 like that, it's pretty weak compared to giants as v7 and v8.

What are your expectations for Version 10?

It should've been here already: head tracking support and controllers support. And I'm talking about proper head tracking support and controllers support. What does that mean? It means I should be able to control my direction of sight(head)(separately from direction of aim) using any device I wish: free track, TrackIR, xbox X gamepads, ps X gamepads, any joysticks, keyboards and other devices. AFAIK ATM one can only bind in-game actions to keyboard, mouse and only some of the controls to xbox360 gamepads.

I would really like to see the expansion of max players in a server (80 at the moment).

Not before they increase FPS drastically.

I personally liked the top right display of the timer and the number of tickets left that we had before instead of pressing tab and losing control of turning your mouse around while the scoreboard is displayed to see the timer and the tickets left.

Yeah, this new UI hurt usability. I'm sure person who developed this new UI doesn't even play Squad or plays it very rarely and very casually.

This new UI even looks very casually, lightly and not serious. It's like from some kind of Call of Battlefield: Casualline or something like that.

Edited by Skul

Me ,,,Just the new "animation system"... this alone will be the Mother of all updates & will open all the flood gates to all the goodness we're lookin' forward to.

The animation update, localised vehicle damage (maybe?), medic dragging (maybe?), Al Basrah, British faction.  I would really like to see the friendly name labels turned off, and instead have the game represent your playername and squad number somewhere on your uniform. So to check for a friend or squad member you need to do a close-up visual inspection.  I find that the playernames are distracting when you either see them intefere with your perception of an enemy in the foreground, or you simply check for the names before firing. It would be great to put the focus back on the visual representation of your faction.

Edited by rainey06au

2 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Me ,,,Just the new "animation system"... this alone will be the Mother of all updates & will open all the flood gates to all the goodness we're lookin' forward to.

this

Tanks? What tanks? There are no tanks in V9.

The HAB is awesome, it puts more importance on the FOBs instead of useless and meaningless so called ''sneaky'' FOBs. People that were thinking that FOBs on the flag was a no-go will get really disapointed when they find out that all this time they were wrong. Its a good eye opener and I am happy because of that. As they learn how to properly make a forward operating firebase, the battles are going to be more interesting.

The addition of new vehicles, mainly APCs, Stryker being the most heavy APC is awesome. But then again, its balanced already with HAT kits and BTR-82. The game is shapping up to be true combined arms.

The sound guy Anders did a really good job. All of it, vehicle engine sounds to small arms sounds. The ricochet sounds are brutal.

The net on the HMG emplacement - thanks!

I also got the feeling that suppression effect is better. (definitely there are rooms for further improvement here)

For the V10, I expect new animations, working bipods and mortars. And ofcourse introduction of IFVs. Can't wait to take Bradleys into combat. Mortars are going to be awesome, we need them asap. All game changers, leading to tactical battlefield, true Combined Arms War.

Edited by Rainmaker

- New animation.

- Medics can drag you to safety when you are down. 

- IED.

- More optimization.

I'm really looking for new maps on v10.

Animations and stuff will be great but I expect more environments to play.

Also I wanna more optimization. My cpu is not so strong so I expect more fps on a couple updates.

-new maps

-new animations

-weapon resting/weapon environment collision

-free look

-vaulting

-physics (right now almost everything feels odd, armoured vehicels seem to "weigh" nothing)

-of course more optimization

- Animations

- Freelook

- Medic updates, dragging and (please give 1 grenade remove shovel, they don't need to dig they have an important enough job already)!

- Inventory

- Urban map

5 hours ago, rainey06au said:

I would really like to see the friendly name labels turned off, and instead have the game represent your playername and squad number somewhere on your uniform. So to check for a friend or squad member you need to do a close-up visual inspection.  I find that the playernames are distracting when you either see them intefere with your perception of an enemy in the foreground, or you simply check for the names before firing. It would be great to put the focus back on the visual representation of your faction.

This is also an interesting idea! I tend to play with nohud most times to get rid of the name tags thru console. It would be nice if there was an option for remove name tags only, at minimum. 

I want the ability to mark enemies and hostile vehicles on the map for every soldier, not just the squad leader.

Every soldier is a sensor.

Wald

Automatic idle kicker, IED, TBG-7V and finally, mother****ing PKM.

Are we going to get directional damage anytime soon on the vehicles? AT feels really underpowered when shooting a vehicle from behind does the same damage as from the front.

As a 3D animator myself, I am looking forward to the Animation System Overhaul mostly. Any other additions are also welcome.

Animation system that will hopefully rework infantry gameplay and weapon balance, fixed AA so it doesn't look like crap and up the quality of grass, trees etc. so the game looks passable.

Animation system, better penalty system for getting hit, tiny flinch of a sight for flying bullets past your head, Resting weapons over objects which would increase the general sway for all the weapons when standing up position or right after running (except for prone and crouch), blurred vision outside the optic so no more unrealistic, exploitative zoomed view outside the optic.

new animations: vaulting, weapon resting, etc

coreInventory: coax MG in vehicles, limited loadout customization (vehicle and infantry), switch between HEAT/FRAG, etc

1.Inventory (more choice on weapons and kit) personally I enjoy playing with the M4 iron sights and hate the AK. 

2.Vaulting

That's it!

Weapon resting & Bipods
Animations that let me move without feeling like a parapalegic.