zelatur

Make the game a little bit less hardcore

46 posts in this topic

Im not saying "make the game less realistic", by "hardcore" i mean those details that make the game a bit hard to play and enjoy:

-like vehicle claiming, i didnt have a chance to use anything yet, maybe 50cal for a few minutes, people rushing for it and can use it for a whole round, there must be a better way to do it, everyone should have a chance to use every vehicle. 

-2 people to operate armed vehicle - driving is a bit boring, gunner have all the "fun", i know its realistic...

-mic requirement ?? im sorry dont shoot me but i dont use mic too much, im just "trying" to play the game but quite a lot i get into situations where i get kicked ouf of squad and left  on the middle of nowhere with ak and 2 mags...

-fobs/ respawns - maybe fully capped flags could have some respawns so we wouldnt have to run from main base? sometimes SL dont really do fobs so much, they just use rally points instead and there is no choice and we have to go for main base or wait for someone to place a fob..

For me the game is not really friendly i would say, i cant really do much,  i can join other squads and if im lucky im gonna take a rifle with a scope and thats it ;P I wish the game was a bit easier to play, where i could easily join in, grab a beer and just relax, have a good time, blow some shit up.. but **** me its just impossible ;p 

I can get TK because i dont have a mic, people can get really angry because of that, like "you should have a mic" "you need to have a mic to play this game" "do you have a mic?!?" crazy.. The mic is highly recommended i get it, but its not required, players without the mic shouldnt be punished for that... ak and 2 mags wtf bad joke. 

Is the game targeting only hardcore players? If yes then ok i wll gtfo asap.. At the end i will just come up with some numbers.. i will "try" to campare Squad to CSGO, pls dont ban me i know these are different games, but both are shooters... CS have been here for a years but its old shitty game now, very simple, easy to play, people can join in and relax, i dont play it btw i played cs1.6 alot for me css and csgo were a bit shitty... BUT i looked at steamcharts lately aaaand... after update for squad A9 there was over 3 000 people playing on weekend, highest peek.. for CSGO yesterday highest player peek was 650 000... on the weekend it was even higher.. the answer is simple: People dont really wanna run from mainbase for 15min and then get shot, they dont wanna ask someone for permisson to use a vehicle, they dont wanna run for 2 hours and get 3 kills... im sorry, i like the game i bought the Squad when it came out, i ****in love the effects, the game have power and a very big potential... but if its gonna stay hardcore then the game may bo not so much popular, and if the game will get more popular then more people will buy it, devs will get more money and it should speed up the development process, it means faster updates. 

My suggestion is keep the game realistic because thats the point of the game, but pls dont make it hard to use :)

There are many different games and lots of different playing styles. You are trying to play a game that is Squad based and the mic is one of the most powerful  weapons in the game. People dont have time to read chat and it's so much easier. So you dont want to talk, just keep it to a simple, Roger, OK. Thank you .  This isn't CSGO your mistaking the aim of the game. It's not single player its teamwork. 

Played Right you can call for pickup and support from  your squad mates and team mates and your get driven around. Squad is about co operation and co ordination.  Its not hard to play just a steep learning curve but well worth it. 

Happy Gaming

Most of those problems you have with the game will probably not change in the future. The devs have a pretty clear idea of what they want and i think most of the stuff thats bothering you will stay in the game - in one way or another. Vehicles for instance are very important to the game, as means of fast transportation, fire support and supply. The claiming system is not perfect, but it is right now a effective way to limit the access to vehicles for lone wolfs and/or players who don't communicate with their squads/teams. This leads directly to the importance of the mic, you may find a squadleader who has no problem with that, but i guess most people see the advantage of the mic as the best way to communicate. This will probably never change, especially since that is one of the main ways to win a game and hell its even in the games main description/slogan. The same goes for the spawn system - it requires teamwork and good squadleaders. Both require good communication. So on one hand the limits on spawnpoints force teamplay and on the other hand it also creates a way more fluid strategic experience in comparison to static spawns. This makes the FOBs way more important and the devs showed with their recent update in V9 that they are on a good way to make them an even more "flag-like" point of interest. 

Squad gives us great experiences when there is good teamplay and most of the time really bad experiences when there is none. This will probably never change and as long as you are not willing to leave you comfort zone so to speak, you will probably never gonna have fun with this game - even with beer. So maybe this game is just not what you thought it would be, or is not for you. But i hope you will get into using the mic more and become more integrated into the systems of the game -  maybe try to lead a squad sometime.

As for the comparison to CSGO: the devs know what they are doing, and i think they know which playerbase they are targeting. And it is probably not the average CSGO player. I think there is a market for a game like Squad, and for an Alpha in this genre 3000 is not bad. But i know nothing john snow, so i leave that to the devs.

TL:DR hardcore/realistic, its all a point of view.

Workshop/Mods is maybe what you seek.  If I wanted to play Battlefield or CS:GO, that's what I'd play.  v9 has blown away the competition, if people have tiny threshold for patience, who cares.  I can't wait for what's in store with v10, or whatever they call it.

1 hour ago, zelatur said:

Im not saying "make the game less realistic", by "hardcore" i mean those details that make the game a bit hard to play and enjoy:

"Enjoy by yourself" is the impression I'm getting. There's nothing wrong with jumping in a game just to relax, have a good time and do whatever you'd like, but this game is not designed to be played like that. As you've seen, if you don't join a squad, don't communicate with other players and cooperate, it's not a very fun experience. The more you communicate and are a team player, the more fun Squad is, if that's not your type of gaming, that's unfortunate, but there are other options out there. 

47 minutes ago, Rook said:

As for the comparison to CSGO: the devs know what they are doing, and i think they know which playerbase they are targeting. And it is probably not the average CSGO player. I think there is a market for a game like Squad, and for an Alpha in this genre 3000 is not bad. But i know nothing john snow, so i leave that to the devs.

3000 was when the update did go live, so more people were attracted to the game just to see how it feels, whats new, how it runs... normally out of weekends and updates the number gets a bit lower, about 1500. http://steamcharts.com/app/393380 

I know its not comparable game to CSGO but its just about the number 650 000 to 3000.. i just feel like the game could do so much better, it has very big potential.. I dont play csgo btw, didnt bought it at all, the game is very simple compared to squad, also its old, its nothing new, nothing fresh its just and old refreshed game with some shitty skins, but it runs great, its easy and people go for it. For the moment mostly i play R6 Siege its not that bad, its a bit realistic, it feels fresh and its easy to use, click play and enjoy. But i just like games like Squad a little bit more, i played ArmA1/2 with a friend for quite some time, i also played PR for a very long time...

Its not like i would like to see in Squad things like instant respawn, killcams, hit sound, headshot bonus or freaking health regeneration... but i would like to see things like less limited weaponry and a bit more to choose from, maybe respawn points on fully capped flag so i wouldnt have to run from main base 10mins to action, some better idea for taking vehicles everyone should have a chance to use them without fighting with someone on microphone... changes like that wouldnt make the squad worse, it would just make it a little bit easier to play.. the game would stay realistic, people with mic and great teamwork could still do their work, and other people just wouldnt be running with ak and 2 mags... ;p Just because you dont use mic so much and are not super SL it doesnt mean you cant help your team and do some teamwork..

Posted (edited)

If you want a less complex game go to battlefield or some other mainstream shooter.

personaly I would rather have this game become slightly more "hardcore" 

Edited by Engagedrook8

This game may not be for you! There are other games out there that seem to cater to your play style. The core mechanics and community expectations that you're complaining about, is exactly why Squad exists...

Go play battlefield then, this game is heading in a good direction.

I play it because it's more hardcore and rewarding.

I think the game you are looking for is called Battlefield. The more hardcore Squad is the better.

Posted (edited)

So you blame game because you dont use mic?

This game isnt even close hardcore, i would say more like semicore, its fine as it sits, even more to hardcore would be fine for me, but it would attract less people.

Myself i have used mic in games maybe since TS and other talking softwares came, now even easyer because there is ingame systems and can talk everyone, not just friends.

Like name says, squad, is team based game, you cant do nothing solo, you cant win. And team that communicates with mic, wins every time against team that dont.

If you like more realistic shooter where mic is no needed, try insurgency.

Edit: and btw, gunner have all the fun? I would say driver needs more skill than gunner, if you have crap driver, ur vehicle will blow before you can kill anyone.

And if you want use vehicles more often, be SL.

Edited by Macross

.....And if you want use vehicles more often, be SL.

Noooooo. What we really don't need is another non talking sl, that takes the role to drive around and have some "fun" as a gunner.

For OP: this just isn't your game and i think it will never be, as u said u don't want to communicate with others via mic. Others stated before: this (using a microphone) is THE KEY to this game.

Maybe u should have read more about it before u bought it. But hey, that's your fault.

I don't know how many hours you played, but u said u bought it at release. Steamrelease was on 15th december 2015. After 1 year and 4 months u still moan about that u get kicked from a squad, coz u don't wanna use a mic? And that u are not able to take any vehicle u want and waste the tickets for it. Sorry, but thats ridiculous.

The game's direction is solid right now. I disagree. They already added spoon feeding more than I would like.

Au contraire, the game is not hardcore enough. 

Squad will be very similar to Project Reality in quite a few things.

1.) Asset squads such as APC,IFV, TANK claim vehicles of a specific type/category such as BTR-60,BTR-80,MT-LB = APC

2.) You will need 3 people to operate a vehicle (gunner,driver,commander)

3.) Mic will be required on almost all servers (sometimes for SL/Commander only, depends on the server)

4.) FOB placement will be very important and FOBs need to be defended in order to win. (e.g. Command and Control gamemode in PR)

With more and more vehicles such as MBT/CAS the enemy will bomb the sh** out of you if you dont have proper stationary AT (TOW,Kornet) and AA/AAA.

Imagine a HE-FRAG round from a T-90S MBT which will kill every single soldier within 50m and that thing has 16 rounds on board with 3-5 seconds reload time.

Squad is definately moving towards the "semi-hardcore" segment but it is and will be far away from something like Arma III ACE which can be truely hardcore with

the right settings :D

9 hours ago, zelatur said:

snip

i also played PR for a very long time...

If this is the case...You should know the direction it's going.Si/No?.O.o

@OP. I think the general consensus is it's not that the game is wrong but the player is playing the wrong game.

What you describe would turn Squad into Battlefield and that's not the game the majority here want to play any more as it does not offer the same challenges.

No,no,no I hope none of the things you suggested will be introduced... We don't need another mindless casual shooter

You actually answered the question yourself: the game is indeed targetting more 'hardcore' players. 

We play this game because it requires planning and teamwork, you need to balance risk vs reward, you need to communicate, etc...

These things will never change in Squad, as it is exactly what the developers are aiming for.

I'll buy you a headset - do you have a Wakmart in your area? -  I can have it shipped to the Walmart.

Having a microphone is essential.

SQUAD is the best game ever - my first game was on the Atari.

Posted (edited)

Got to admit all of the responses made me happy!

Edited by Rainmaker

It's a niche game for a niche audience. The devs know what they're doing. 

As soon as you casualize/simplify the game with your suggestions, the game just becomes a generic Battlefield clone and loses what makes it unique. 

Based on your post, Squad is definitely not the game for you. 

Sorry if I come off as hostile, your post triggered the shit out of me. Squad is on it's way to becoming the game I've always dreamed of, and this post is basically everything I absolutely don't want to happen. 

I don't know man, lately I have been playing without using a mic at all. Mainly because of me working nights and people sleeping. I have not been kicked out of a single squad yet. It is a little harder to play, but I type in chat a lot, and simple up and down or side to side gestures with the mouse is an effective way of communicating, albeit really cryptic.