Surfcandy

Mic Spam

Haven't played the game much because I don't really like PVP with constant mic spam but revisited after seeing the update. I like the game but dislike the mic spam. I guess I'll have to deal with it if I want to play this game.

What do you consider mic spam? I've not really had any trouble... And the few times someone spoke too much we just kindly asked them to tone it down. If they give lip, kick them from the squad.

There really isn't too much mic spamming going on.  That's something that would be really detrimental to game play - there are 100x more team killing than mic spamming - Except of course directly at matches end when everyone's diva side comes out.

1 hour ago, JJarrowGaming said:

There really isn't too much mic spamming going on.  That's something that would be really detrimental to game play - there are 100x more team killing than mic spamming - Except of course directly at matches end when everyone's diva side comes out.

SLs spam a lot of irrelevant shit into sl channel, even with numpads introduced

1 minute ago, rincewind said:

SLs spam a lot of irrelevant shit into sl channel, even with numpads introduced

Ask them to tone it down ( in a polite way ). I haven't had an issue with it. Or ask them to use the numpad system which they might not know about it. 

whilst it is not huge problem.. as the game becomes more popular there are times when you wish that you could just mute someone..

For me it totally destroys the game's immersion when I hear most people talking to much on the mic. I want to play with a good squad leader who hopefully knows what they are doing and not listen to several people giving orders to everybody and getting bossy. To confront members of the squad who are to bossy will  unfortunately get old real quick and I probably won't play the game much. Some people don't get when you ask them nicely to stop giving orders politely and require to be told in the way they understand. That's not fun for me.

For me it totally destroys the game's immersion when I hear most people talking to much on the mic. I want to play with a good squad leader who hopefully knows what they are doing and not listen to several people giving orders to everybody and getting bossy. To confront members of the squad who are to bossy will  unfortunately get old real quick and I probably won't play the game much. Some people don't get when you ask them nicely to stop giving orders politely and require to be told in the way they understand. That's not fun for me.

Just lead your own squads and kick players who don't fit with your communication style. Easy

Love People who tell things in squad Chat "HEY SL TELL SQUAD X THAT I KILLED THE HMG GUNNER WITH A SNIPED HEADSHOT LELZ"

And even better: People who do not know the difference between squad/local-chat.

And also even more better: People who tell their squad in a crazy shouting/laughing tone that they just killed 2 enemies from behind

Edited by Chez

7 hours ago, Chez said:

Love People who tell things in squad Chat "HEY SL TELL SQUAD X THAT I KILLED THE HMG GUNNER WITH A SNIPED HEADSHOT LELZ"

And even better: People who do not know the difference between squad/local-chat.

And also even more better: People who tell their squad in a crazy shouting/laughing tone that they just killed 2 enemies from behind

When somebody wants me to tell Squadlead X about something like you described, I just tell them I did it and that they don't need to announce that in the future.

The skillz kid gets to revel in his awesomeness thinking he's a legend and usually keeps quiet afterwards. It's close to a win win.

When leading, I've found that the words "Shut up, use local, or get kicked" works wonders if people are announcing everything. God it gets so annoying so quick.

4 hours ago, Fieldfare said:

When somebody wants me to tell Squadlead X about something like you described, I just tell them I did it and that they don't need to announce that in the future.

The skillz kid gets to revel in his awesomeness thinking he's a legend and usually keeps quiet afterwards. It's close to a win win.

When leading, I've found that the words "Shut up, use local, or get kicked" works wonders if people are announcing everything. God it gets so annoying so quick.

Oh yeah, you were the guy at Kohat who whispered to me "not really" after that guy told this example with HMG in squad chat as we were clearing those compounds between  like 3 days before :D

Edited by Chez
additional*

It's the sole reason I won't Squad Lead (spam or not)- I just can't handle multitasking communications...................my head does not work this way.

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Oh yeah, you were the guy at Kohat who whispered to me "not really" after that guy told this example with HMG in squad chat as we were clearing those compounds between  like 3 days before :D

Yep, sounds familiar. You were the medic right besides me?

We did good at those compounds :)

1 hour ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

It's the sole reason I won't Squad Lead (spam or not)- I just can't handle multitasking communications...................my head does not work this way.

Is that what you tell the missus :) lol  .SHO-Shins right some people can handle it others just overload. Better there's comms than none at all.