Fourkillmaster

Full Access to Optics on US Army vs Russia Maps

Should All Classes Use Optics in Russian vs American Maps  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should All Classes Use Optics in Russian vs American Maps

• Yes
    • No

My proposal is that Americans and Russians should be given full access to optics on every kit on maps where they fight each-other exclusively, I feel that this could make engagement ranges much higher and change how the game is played for the better. Also I believe that Grenadiers, Medics, and Light-AT should all have access to frag grenades promoting an all out what if scenario where each side has the best equipment and top of the line weaponry. Thoughts and ideas on how this can improve or be detrimental to gameplay?

Yes, I always liked the idea of a standard kit with a scope, and an alternative kit without a scope for conventional factions like us, Britain, and russia. 

There is not a single modern military that doesn't have optics on all rifles as of 2005, so it would add a degree of authenticity

Once we can customize our weapons to a degree I would like this. I don't want to be forced to use a scope on a class like medic. 

Posted (edited)

This topic is literally the reason why I have not played this game in over a year... Players with magnified optics just wreck players who do not have them. With iron sights and red dots its nearly impossible to make out a target further than 100 meters in game, the field of view needs a narrower adjustment to simulate the natural magnification of a human eye.

Edited by PUNISHER-lll

43 minutes ago, PUNISHER-lll said:

This topic is literally the reason why I have not played this game in over a year... Players with magnified optics just wreck players who do not have them. With iron sights and red dots its nearly impossible to make out a target further than 100 meters in game, the field of view needs a narrower adjustment to simulate the natural magnification of a human eye.

Turn off in-game anti aliasing. If you have an Nvidia card, use their AA in Nvidia control pannel.
Install Reshade/SweetFX, use it's AA and other features to crisp the image up.

Use resolution scaling to improve aliasing and clearer image, from in-game settings, or if you have an Nvidia card, use DSR to do basically the same thing.

It will probably come in due time, right now I'd be against it.

But then again I actually want ironsights only game for everyone but a marksman. :D

On 3/21/2017 at 0:26 AM, Helwyr said:

There is not a single modern military that doesn't have optics on all rifles as of 2005, so it would add a degree of authenticity

That's not true. Optics are very expensive and low priority. Do you have a source for this?

18 hours ago, Fritz45 said:

That's not true. Optics are very expensive and low priority. Do you have a source for this?

"Optics are very expensive and low priority"

Tell that to NATO. 

21 minutes ago, Helwyr said:

"Optics are very expensive and low priority"

Tell that to NATO. 

Yes this, almost all modern militaries are within NATO anyway, excluding South Korea, Japan, Israel, Russia etc.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:01 PM, Dubs said:

Turn off in-game anti aliasing. If you have an Nvidia card, use their AA in Nvidia control pannel.
Install Reshade/SweetFX, use it's AA and other features to crisp the image up.

Use resolution scaling to improve aliasing and clearer image, from in-game settings, or if you have an Nvidia card, use DSR to do basically the same thing.

I am afraid you may have miss understood the point I am attempting to convey. The problem is not detail at distance, the issue I have is that not allowing the Field Of View to adjust to a degree narrower than 90 degrees gives a sort of fish bowl view for a player. For example, the amount of zoom that is assigned when you focus SHOULD be the zoom that is default for ADS on all weapons with a 1x zoom (iron sights or red dots). The human eye has a natural magnification, this allows us to see detail (or the shape of a human) out to 500 meters or so, this game unfortunately is very difficult to shoot at someone further than 50yds as they are only rendered as several pixels.

Its a good idea, probably best to implement when they have the inventory system working,

Trade-off is good idea: ironsight rifles have foregrip, reducing vertical recoil and optic weapons don't,

I personally very much prefer the principle of each class being unique, having advantages and disadvantages.

Posted (edited)

No. Simply because assymetric balancing is more fun. Don't play all factions the same, and so many many of you do. 

IRL US army gives pretty much every soldier an ACOG, in Russia its near the opposite. Surly the game should reflect that.

Here is a treat in how one can think about stuff. RU has an abondance of MTLBs, they suck as most of you use them (i e same as a BTR/Stryker), weak armour etc; but now realize that it is an armoured and armed transtruck, massive room for inf and the lowest profile of all vehicles. Use it as this. 

So really, more scopes to US if anything at all.

Edited by Mellanbror

I voted yes, I like it in PR where you could choose between CQB or extended rage per kit. If I want my medic to have an optic because the situation or map requires it, I want that option. You can prevent a situation with too many optics in other ways, such as less bandage or nade for optic  (or more suppression :P). We have Asymetric warfare between US and INS or RU and MIL, I want US and RU to have same capabilities and range of the squad and the basic weaponry.

If you have to have asymetric warfare for US and RU then accomplish it via layers, or like now AT/asset differences. Give me the option to choose and customize my squad more please. 

23 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

My personal taste is iron sights for maps like Sumari where I'm leaning around corners and walls.

Me too. Add the foregrip and the M4 is the best rifleman loadout on that map. I choose the m-16 on the other side, it's stealthy. 

23 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

this issue will be the death of this game.

No it won't, its one of the things that makes this game different and unique. Each faction is not the same, each class on the factions are not the same; and its a big reason why many of us come back.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Randall172 said:

this issue will be the death of this game.

Interestingly enough my teen that plays competitive CS:GO always chooses the iron sight rifles when I can actually bribe him with Steam cards to play Squad with me. Trust me, this isn't the reason younger folks are turned off by Squad.

Edited by Zylfrax791
Speeling

I'll say this, when I join an on going game on RU side and join a 8/9 squad, the only kit available is that of a rifleman with Iron sight and I absolutely HATE it. At the very least put optional red dot. 

On 03/09/2017 at 3:43 PM, CptDirty said:

I'll say this, when I join an on going game on RU side and join a 8/9 squad, the only kit available is that of a rifleman with Iron sight and I absolutely HATE it. At the very least put optional red dot. 

deal with what you get, the lack of optics on RU makes the game way more unique.