El Duderino

Squad Server Installation On Linux

I can help you only on ubuntu server but i think you need better server more power...

2 hours ago, Indo said:

I can help you only on ubuntu server but i think you need better server more power...

Hey dude, thanks. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I could try to upgrade the server with 2 more Gigabye and try again.

2 hours ago, Indo said:

What's your processor ?

I have actually 4 CPU and 4GB RAM. But I can buy more RAM and CPU to upgrade the server.

How many Ghz ?

I use min 5go of memory for the server ! i think you need 8go.

I think are 1GHz CPU, i need to upgrade the server for sure at least. Maybe as you said, with 5-6 Ghz could be work fine. I will try.

So how do i even read a crash log there are 3 different kinds of logs in the logs folder.  I have noticed that as the server is on for a day or 2 ,full. The memory usage rises to %60 gradually. then eventually crashes on map change.

Hey,

Crash files there ->

Squad/Saved/Crashes

Squad/Saved/Logs

I think you need to restart all day you server (with cron or timer)

Other question for all somone know when the Rcon is up on Linux ?

56 minutes ago, Indo said:

Other question for all somone know when the Rcon is up on Linux ?

Currently not working, has been reported and HOPEFULLY fixed with next patch.

16 hours ago, Indo said:

Hey @Nordic the Rcon working for you ?

No, rcon is currently broken in this patch. Didn't make it in for this one :(

Hello, I scoured this thread and I don't see any intication weather this works for setting up LAN servers.

I'm trying to setup a LAN server for an up and coming LAN Fest chapters July event for our first 300 person LAN.

Will this release work for LAN servers or do I have to wait for a future release?

On 2017-05-07 at 6:59 PM, TkOut said:

Hello, I scoured this thread and I don't see any intication weather this works for setting up LAN servers.

I'm trying to setup a LAN server for an up and coming LAN Fest chapters July event for our first 300 person LAN.

Will this release work for LAN servers or do I have to wait for a future release?

Squad does currently not have LAN support, no. You can install the server on the same network but you would need to use hairpinning to be able to connect to it.

Some routers supports it, some does not.

Anyone else getting major server crashes after 9.4 Now it seems to be happening every 8 hours. I even restart the box everyday, start the server right before we populate it and it crashes the server, not the box after 8 hrs. Just wanted to know if there was a fix actively being worked on. dedicated boxes are expensive when your not using them.

1 hour ago, grimshadow said:

Anyone else getting major server crashes after 9.4 Now it seems to be happening every 8 hours. I even restart the box everyday, start the server right before we populate it and it crashes the server, not the box after 8 hrs. Just wanted to know if there was a fix actively being worked on. dedicated boxes are expensive when your not using them.

Send the full crash dump to one of QA members

On 5/27/2017 at 0:36 AM, OverVolts said:

I submitted a request for Linux Game Server Managers to add support for Squad Server and now been added to GitHub.

https://github.com/GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM/blob/feature/squadserver/Squad/squadserver

Sweet! I can't wait until they officially support it!

On a side, I have my server up and running on CentOS 7 and i followed the open ports from the Wiki, but I don't see my server listed on the server browser.  Are there additional ports needed to have that functionality?

Actually I found it under "Custom Server" is there any way to have it under the regular Server Browser? Or is that only officially licensed servers?

Hey guys,

i've install squad on "Ubuntu Server 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" (NEW) (64bits)" that work correctly =)

Someone know this error that was crash when i start the second server  

CrashReportClient[23159]: LogQoSReporter:Error: QoS API server is not configured, no QoS metrics will be reported.

Edited by Indo

48 minutes ago, Indo said:

Someone know this error that was crash when i start the second server  

CrashReportClient[23159]: LogQoSReporter:Error: QoS API server is not configured, no QoS metrics will be reported.

There is currently a linux server crash, I've sent logs to the people in charge. Hopefully fixed next patch! But it's not your fault :)

Hey, i found the problem is my fault of course !

The files .cfg are corrupt so i change it and that working now :)

Ty