Sign in to follow this  
OXOTHNK

[HELP] Problem with exporting of textures(Substance Painter 2.1.0)

When I try to export my final Base_color texture, it exports not correctly, but in viewport all is ok. I have tried to use any formats(png, targa), but it didn't help. Pls help me to fix it.
unknown.pngunknown.png

Um and what is wrong specificly?

Seems to me it looks the same O_o

Press "C" to view your basecolor in SP.

Edited by FishMan

47 minutes ago, OXOTHNK said:

indeed, but how..... is that mean in game engine it wll be looks like in Substance Painter anyway?

Well... Not the same, but close to this, cause u're (Substance Painter I mean) using specific HDR map for lighting and reflections (this called Image Based Lighting or IBL).

You definitely should read this to understand what are you doing. )

Games don't use the logic u're trying to use at least for 10 years I think.

You should understand that the material is obtained from combinations of different maps (like normal, albedo, roughness, AO) and from the surrounding environment (lighting included), and not from any specific map like it was in 1995~2005. There is no diffuse texture anymore, which was like a picture of a material. Materials now are trying to mimic real world physics.

For better explanation read the manual that I gave you.

And yeah by the way Russified Photoshop is a cancer. You're better use programs on its native language, you will have fewer problems in the future due to this...

Its better to learn English instead of using any localization.

This is just some common advice which you can get actually from anyone who is experienced in working in the industry)

Cheers.

Edited by FishMan

How should I add AO,normal, base, metallic,roughness etc in 3ds max's material editor that it will looks like in substance ??? How to us this maps in max ?
unknown.png

Edited by OXOTHNK

How should I add AO,normal, base, metallic,roughness etc in 3ds max's material editor that it will looks like in substance ??? How to us this maps in max ?

The short answer is "никак", because 3ds max does not support physically based rendering, and Im pretty sure never will, cause it was made for a different purpose. You could use them partially, but I can't see any reason why you should do it anyway. 

You were doing your model for game engine right? And why do you want to add them inside 3ds max?  You should just export everything into a game engine, create a material and hook up all of your textures there.

Here some basic information about materials and some info about asset creation pipeline.

Sign in to follow this