Noxxid3

What do you guys think of the new sounds?

53 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, anders said:

That plan has been there since atleast 1.5 year back. In our gang we call it "Dynamic Reflections". But it would be a system that combines more than one feature and that has been difficult to achieve over the server. Meaning buildings that also blocks out outside ambient sounds. It's easy when there's no inside environment, but all our levels have some sort of building/cave/ruin whatever.
We'll just have to wait for Epic to come with some solutions here then our programmers can start to work on it. 

Well who needs that crap anyways. Echo and sounds reflecting on different environments is not as important as the core sounds themselves... and you've nailed that. So just keep it as is. As you can see, for the first time you have received UNANIMOUS praise! Only a fool would then redo everything. You know how hard t is getting people to agree on sounds! Now....I believe it might be the distant ak or m249 that had a click sound rather than a pop.  

I have just come back to Squad after a hiatus, and even though the sounds were good before, they are amazing now.

Really great work on this, it increases the immersion tenfold.

On 4/3/2017 at 2:50 AM, Pvt. Lewis said:

Well who needs that crap anyways. Echo and sounds reflecting on different environments is not as important as the core sounds themselves... and you've nailed that. So just keep it as is. As you can see, for the first time you have received UNANIMOUS praise! Only a fool would then redo everything. You know how hard t is getting people to agree on sounds!* Now....I believe it might be the distant ak or m249 that had a click sound rather than a pop.

*Yeah, I can see that happening. 

@anders
Thanks for the answer. I didn't want to stir any sensible points. I understand that implementing a feature as you mentioned it, is not a plug-out-plug-in task. I simply thought of it more as a alpha worthy solution with some preset sound getting triggered based on defined locations, rather than rendering the entire surrounding and obstacles into the process.
Nevertheless, appreciate the work. Keep it up.