Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wetblue13

What do you guys think of the new sounds?

In the V9 release, what do you guys think of the new crack echos? Personally i love them. What are your thoughts? 

Yeah they are pretty sweet, I was running through poppy fields today and I moved my head when the bulled whizzed next to me. 

absolutely amazing! @anders 9.99 / 10

just wish the m249 had the same sounds as when the m4 is on full auto

Getting better and better.

MTLB sounds are kinda funny. Like you either hear nothing or loud.

I think the m329 sounds a bit too much like a pop-gun, but it sounds amazing in the distance. 
AK's sound fantastic! Absolutely love it.

M4's sound great!

The only sounds I don't like, are the new 50. sounds, and the old 50. sounds. The new one sounds super shallow and just like a single shot on repeat. The older 50. sounds shallow as well, but better than the new.

I love how the SKS has a very distinct sound , I dig it.

3 hours ago, Nikko B said:

I think the m329 sounds a bit too much like a pop-gun, but it sounds amazing in the distance. 

M4's sound great!

The only sounds I don't like, are the new 50. sounds, and the old 50. sounds. The new one sounds super shallow and just like a single shot on repeat. The older 50. sounds shallow as well, but better than the new.

Thx guys!

What's an m329?

Also haven't touched the .50cal fire sounds  since V8. If you're refering to M2, DSHK and NSV? 

Love the new sounds except that my footsteps now have quite a big echo so it sounds like someone else is near me when they are not. 

9 hours ago, anders said:

Thx guys!

What's an m329?

Also haven't touched the .50cal fire sounds  since V8. If you're refering to M2, DSHK and NSV? 

Sorry, totally blanked. The m249, the SAW.

Also, I was referring to the CROW/Stryker when you fire from inside. I don't know if it's because you're inside the vehicle and the sound is supposed to be muffled, but it sounds flat and repetitive. Could just be me though.

16 hours ago, MINTY said:

Yeah they are pretty sweet, I was running through poppy fields today and I moved my head when the bulled whizzed next to me. 

Some of it made me jump xD Like that is new!

14 hours ago, Nikko B said:

M4's sound great!

I love the new FP camera with the AK's, they sound so nice! M4's got a tweaked as well.

12 hours ago, Graphic said:

I like 'em, especially the AK-74

Same :D

10 hours ago, anders said:

Thx guys!

What's an m329?

Ah he meant the M249 SAW :)

6 hours ago, embecmom said:

sounds are great.. seems to brought it to life somehow

That is why i love this game! The sounds are just amazing!

41 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

Sorry, totally blanked. The m249, the SAW.

Also, I was referring to the CROW/Stryker when you fire from inside. I don't know if it's because you're inside the vehicle and the sound is supposed to be muffled, but it sounds flat and repetitive. Could just be me though.

Ah, yes, it's supposed to be muffled. Actually it's the same base sounds as the outside sounds, just a filter and some other adjustments in them. :) 

Love the new bullet snaps and whizby sounds.. it very realistic. The weapons sound great as well, and I love what you are doing with the distant sounds. Anyone how knows realistic weapons know that they further you move away from a gun shot, the more it sounds like a pop, firecracker, popcorn in microwave type of sound.... and Squad is starting to really sound like that! Great work! 

P.s there is still an annoying distant sounds left from earlier version that sounds like a mere click and not like the new echoey 'pops'. I think it should be replaced. 

15 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

absolutely amazing! @anders 9.99 / 10

just wish the m249 had the same sounds as when the m4 is on full auto

Yeah I like the m249 first person sounds. But when someone else is firing it it sounds like it has a suppressor on it. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

Did they change the impact sound when a vehicle gets hit by a rocket?Ver8 drove me nuts cause I could never tell if I got hit or it hit close to me ...Maybe just me but i could never tell if I was hit or not ...just that I was shot at..

Edited by ♠DEG♠

3 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

Did they change the impact sound when a vehicle gets hit by a rocket?Ver8 drove me nuts cause I could never tell if I got hit or it hit close to me ...Maybe just me but i could never tell if I was hit or not ...just that I was shot at..

This has also bothered me ever since vehicles came out. It's so hard to tell if you got hit.

4 hours ago, anders said:

Ah, yes, it's supposed to be muffled. Actually it's the same base sounds as the outside sounds, just a filter and some other adjustments in them. :) 

I think the muffled .50 sounds great but the muffled kpvt (when you're the gunner) sounds pretty weak. Same with the 30mm cannon. Sounds amazing when you're next to it but as the gunner it sounds a little weak. But I've never fired any of these before so I can't say anything about realism :P

The new sounds are AMAZING - from the tire treads on the dirt, to the track vehicles, to ricochets, to the new big guns, to the ak... the new sounds have really added to the gameplay!