Mathieu

[Suggestions] Improving the game life time

Mathieu   

My apologies for my bad english :)

Hello Squad players and developpers ! 

I' ve been playing the game for quite a bit now ( 140h ) and i came across some problems in the game that i think are worth talking about. 

As far as i played the game, even if its the best military experience i' ve ever played, the life time of the game is pretty short.

This is how i play the game :

I look at the updates

When some new features are added, i check them out and i play the game quite a lot ( 4-5hours )

But then, i feel like i have nothing more to do. 

The only thing we are fighting for in the game right know is the victory. But i don't think its enough ( and many of my friends thinks like me ).

The score in the scoreboard seems pretty useless since you do not unlock anything. You can not tell the difference in the scoreboard between a veteran who spend 700h in the game, and a player who came because of the free week end. 

Thats why i think a ( of course very basic and already very used ) experience system that is based on the score displayed on the scoreboard could be a very cool feature. 

What ever it allows you to unlock, it would give you an other objective in your game than just winning and having a high score on the scoreboard, that is by the way going to be reset at the begining of the next game..

I' m thinking of this because the game on his current state does not give players something worth spending hours on trying to achieve, like unlocking a rank or something.

Finaly, just in case a developer is reading this, i' ld like to thank you for the insane work you' ve made on this game and for not giving up on such a great project and keep releasing great update weeks after weeks unlike other games ( I' ve played dayz i know what i' m talking about :))

The people who continue to play this game play for the experience, not the unlocks, XP, or fake gratification the game "rewards" you. Unfortunately these things have become a standard in many mainstream games, but this is not one of them. The difference you can tell between someone who knows what they are doing and someone who doesn't is how they play the game, communicate, ect. There's much more to this game then just your K/D.

I guess once you get bored you can get to the real end game (assuming it pans out like PR) Squad Leading that´ll occupy you for a few years to skill up xD.

Nikko B   

I play it for the experience, and I play BF1 for the experience. Since BF1 is kinda shallow in the overall gameplay, it uses unlocks to keep players occupied and working towards something. I don't think Squad would benefit from this.

Squad is great for unlocks. Squad doesn't restrict you and you can unlock them in any order and at any time. 

You can unlock your Rifleman skills.

You can unlock your LAT skills.

You can unlock your Grenadier skills.

You can unlock your Automatic Rifleman skills.

You can unlock your Marksman skills.

You can unlock your Medic skills.

And for the ultimate test. ......

You can unlock your Squad Leader skills.

All that doesn't even include getting good in vehicles.

3 hours ago, Nikko B said:

I play it for the experience, and I play BF1 for the experience. Since BF1 is kinda shallow in the overall gameplay, it uses unlocks to keep players occupied and working towards something. I don't think Squad would benefit from this.

10 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Squad is great for unlocks. Squad doesn't restrict you and you can unlock them in any order and at any time. 

You can unlock your Rifleman skills.

You can unlock your LAT skills.

You can unlock your Grenadier skills.

You can unlock your Automatic Rifleman skills.

You can unlock your Marksman skills.

You can unlock your Medic skills.

And for the ultimate test. ......

You can unlock your Squad Leader skills.

All that doesn't even include getting good in vehicles.

Well said

elerik   

But biggest hidden unlock is .... 

Survivability challenge
Level one ... survive whole round with 0 death till end.
Level two is ... survive multiple rounds (at least 3 in row) in row with 0 death at least one as infantry

Level three....survive round with 0 death without Scope and avoid driver/gunner in any vehicle. 

Level four... survive with 0 death as a combat medic. 

Level five .... survive round as infantry Squad Leader. 

Level six .... whole your squad have less than 10 death at end of round 

Level seven ... whole your squad have less than 5 death at end of round 

Level eight ... whole your squad have 0 death at end of round 

Level nine ... achieve everything again. 

Level ten ... achieve this multiple times as uphold your skills

Bonus level ... whole your team have less than 36 death at end of round. 

Macross   

This isnt battlefield, cod or any other cs run&spray games! So leave unlock craps and levels to them.

This is totally different and way better planned tactical military game, we dont need unlocks or levels here.

@Mathieu if you feel that there isnt anything to do after couple hours, then i think you have just had bad SL or squad that dont listen, when you are SL. I have +110h played and still exited like in first match. Maybe those other games suits you better, than slower realistics games?

As for bf/cod, i dont have played neither in many many years, that grind is just boring, matches are boring run&spray, just mindless playing.

Myself i have started beeing SL now after hitted 100h mark, trying to lead better my team and progress tactics in every match, i see that beeing best part of this game and have much of fun times.

And when new match starts, i see that 99.9% of players dont even want to be squad leader, sometimes 10s before game starts, they make squads, then pass SL to someone else etc, thats boring.

Edit: and this is still ALPHA.

Edited by Macross