Sign in to follow this  
scallops

Admin Cam Abuse

So I've been getting this glitch over the past few weeks which i suspect is admin camera abuse but I could be wrong.

What happens is I get a flash of an enemy player on my screen, and it seems to coincide with clutch moments in the game and is immediately followed by the enemy knowing my location. Here is all the times it has happened:

*Hunting a BTR with my rpg... concealed by crops as well as trees.... suddenly BTR flashes on my screen (even though it's 50-75 meters away) then the BTR proceeds to kill me even though they had no visual. This has happened three times.

*Putting down first FOB at the start of a game, no shots fired yet....my squad is concealed  behind a building.... BTR flashes on my screen (even though it's 100 meters away) and then proceeds to start firing at the corner im hiding behind, even though no one had peeked that corner yet.

*Suppressing an enemy squad with my acog.... enemy player flashes on my screen... interestingly the player is clearly taking evasive action as he flashes on my screen. Enemy instantly knows my location after this event. This is the one that made me suspicious because it really looked like the enemy player who flashed on my screen was tryin to zig zag run behind a hill.... which is what the enemies i was shooting at were doing.

So this could be an unrelated glitch (and if so I apologise for making accusations), but it is interesting that it has only happened to me at clutch moments. it's also happened on many but not all of the servers and I can name and shame if it turns out to be abuse.

Admin Cam works his way:

• You cant enter it in vehicle
  • You can activate to see other players, yes (but no one except other admins will see this on map)
  • you can not teleport in any way (if they did not change in v9

So any flashing or stuff might be a bug, or visual error.
What you describe does not sound like admin cam to me.

BTW "Cant see me" is not nessesarily an indicator... changing camera angel only a few degrees can change the whole thing...
I'm operating BTW and Vehicles alot times .. try it yourselve you can see alot more.
Also keep in mind small plants disapear after 400-500m and a BTR can hit on 1.000 if trained a bit

i get same thing where there is a flash of an image of a soldier on the screen.. can be in midair / on ground .. whatever...  hate it when admins follow you about and then whisper in your ear..... its creepy!

13 hours ago, Nikko B said:

What do you mean "flashes on my screen"? Like you can see them through walls, or something?

I suppose, something like this:

banana-flasher1.jpg?w=510&h=365

Ok well hopefully it's been fixed in version 9. I only just came back to this game so maybe it was a glitch in the last version.

What I mean by flashing up on my screen is I get a close up of an enemy player blocking 90% of screen for about half a second. Pretty distracting.

The reason I thought it was some kind of admin cam is it just seemed the thing flashing on my screen was always related to me and some clutch moment of the game, it was the only pattern I could find in the glitch. (Didn't seem to matter the distance enemy was from me, direction they were going, whether i was facing the enemy or not) But maybe it was just coincidence and i read too far into it

I do have one question for Ridoc... can you go into admin cam when already in a vehicle? and will that cause a zoomed in vehicle appear on the player they are viewings screen?

The only thing I've seen is if someone enters admin cam, their body is invisible and if you just happen to shoot the invisible body - blood sprays out of the invisible body.  Saw this the first time yesterday and it took a minute to figure out what was happening.

You cant enter admin cam from a vehicle. You need to get out, enter admin cam, get back to normal, enter vehicle again. Not very useful for abuse imo. 
Its possible, but since there a various admins on each server, there is a bit of control. I can see when a player is in Admin mode, so every other admin can see me.

well i don't know what the glitch is then... maybe its already gone with v9. All i know is it screwed me up a lot having the screen blocked

Its a graphical glitch you're seeing, i get it too. When a player or vehicle spawns in Unreal engine sometimes freaks out and you see a super scaled up size model of whatever just spawned in. Used to be bad in v7 because the model didn't scale down sometimes and there'd be a 70 foot tall russian 2 km's away