I can no longer play squad after the v.9 update because I cannot locate default.input.ini and my windows.noeditor.ini is empty. Anyone know how to fix this so I can configure my controls back to the way I had them so I can play again?

Edit %localappdata%\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini

My %localappdata%\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini only has the action mappings and is missing the axis mappings.. And when I try to add the axis mappings on my own it doesn't register in game that's why I was hoping to edit from default.input.ini in case I am typing something wrong.. Thanks though

It was there before the update and everything was working just fine.. Now I cant play because it told me to clear the app data and after I did that I have had this problem...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Solo4oh6 said:

It was there before the update and everything was working just fine.. Now I cant play because it told me to clear the app data and after I did that I have had this problem...

Here's my Input.ini(never mind strange binds):

Spoiler
[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ChatToAll",Key=F,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ChatToSquad",Key=S,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ChatToTeam",Key=D,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CommandMenu",Key=LeftBracket,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CommandRadio",Key=Slash,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Console",Key=Tilde,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Crouch",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Crouch",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CycleStance",Key=None,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Fire",Key=Gamepad_RightTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Fire",Key=LeftMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Focus",Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Escape,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Gamepad_Special_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Global_Menu,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="InGameMenu",Key=Global_Pause,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Interact",Key=Semicolon,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=MouseScrollDown,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=Z,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanLeft",Key=Delete,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanLeft",Key=Gamepad_LeftShoulder,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanRight",Key=Gamepad_RightShoulder,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LeanRight",Key=ThumbMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LocalVoice",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="LocalVoice",Key=X,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Map",Key=A,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="MapZoom",Key=MouseScrollUp,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NextItem",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NextItem",Key=Two,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="PrevItem",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="PrevItem",Key=Three,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Prone",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Down,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Prone",Key=Z,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio0",Key=NumPadZero,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio1",Key=NumPadOne,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio2",Key=NumPadTwo,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio3",Key=NumPadThree,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio4",Key=NumPadFour,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio5",Key=NumPadFive,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio6",Key=NumPadSix,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio7",Key=NumPadSeven,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio8",Key=NumPadEight,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Radio9",Key=NumPadNine,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Reload",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Up,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Reload",Key=P,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ScoreBoard",Key=Gamepad_Special_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ScoreBoard",Key=Y,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat0",Key=F5,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat1",Key=F6,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat2",Key=F7,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat3",Key=F8,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat4",Key=F9,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat5",Key=F10,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat6",Key=F11,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat7",Key=F1,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat8",Key=F2,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Seat9",Key=F3,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SpawnMenu",Key=Enter,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Sprint",Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Sprint",Key=Gamepad_LeftThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SquadRadio",Key=C,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SquadRadio",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Top,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon0",Key=Zero,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon1",Key=Seven,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon2",Key=Eight,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon3",Key=Nine,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon4",Key=Zero,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon5",Key=Hyphen,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon6",Key=Equals,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon7",Key=Backslash,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon8",Key=BackSpace,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="SwitchWeapon9",Key=One,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleFiremode",Key=Comma,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleFiremode",Key=Gamepad_RightThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleScoreboard",Key=Global_View,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ToggleView",Key=C,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleBoost",Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleBoost",Key=Gamepad_LeftThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleDropSupplies",Key=U,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleHandbrake",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleHandbrake",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleToggleEngine",Key=O,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VehicleZoom",Key=U,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Walk",Key=N,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Zoom",Key=Gamepad_LeftTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Zoom",Key=RightMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUpRate",Key=Gamepad_RightY,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=I,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=K,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=J,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=L,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="TurnRate",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleHeadLookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleHeadTurn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveBothTracks",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveBothTracks",Key=W,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveForward",Key=I,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveForward",Key=K,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveLeftTrack",Key=A,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveLeftTrack",Key=Gamepad_LeftStick_Up,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveLeftTrack",Key=Q,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRight",Key=J,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRight",Key=L,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRightTrack",Key=D,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRightTrack",Key=E,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="VehicleMoveRightTrack",Key=Gamepad_RightStick_Up,Scale=1.000000)

Just tested it, when I switch MouseX and MouseY, for example, it does indeed switch axes in game.

Edited by Skul

yeah, I'm having the same problem,   all I'm trying to do is invert the controller axis.  my input.ini file only has a few lines of code and the rest of the files in windowsnoeditor  folder are empty.

[/Script/Engine.PlayerInput]
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F11,Command="LevelEditor.ToggleImmersive",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F11,Command="MainFrame.ToggleFullscreen",Control=False,Shift=True,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F9,Command="shot showui",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=Period,Command="RECOMPILESHADERS CHANGED",Control=True,Shift=True,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=Comma,Command="PROFILEGPU",Control=True,Shift=True,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=Tab,Command="FocusNextPIEWindow",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=Tab,Command="FocusLastPIEWindow",Control=True,Shift=True,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=Apostrophe,Command="EnableGDT",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=Quote,Command="EnableGDT",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=B,Command="",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F1,Command="viewmode wireframe",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=True,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F2,Command="viewmode unlit",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F3,Command="viewmode lit",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F4,Command="viewmode lit_detaillighting",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
DebugExecBindings=(Key=F5,Command="viewmode shadercomplexity",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,Cmd=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,bIgnoreCmd=False)
InvertedAxis=Lookdown
InvertedAxis=LookUp