RipGroove

V9 Performance issues anyone? Or just me?

121 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Could this be my issue? 

Click below 

Edited by RipGroove

Okay, glad to know it's not just me suffering this. Ever since v9 I've been getting random lag spikes either during an intense firefight or when an explosion goes off nearby. It'll be a quick freeze and then everything recovers.  I don't remember this occurring in v8.

1c67d594e3e4c51193c0ac13cb2d53cd.png

At last! Details to be released in a few days. This will be my last ditch effort to cure my low fps with Squad. It'll be paired with my 5.0GHz 7700k so I hope it works!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/26/2017 at 9:22 PM, STEALTHKILLER said:

Okay, glad to know it's not just me suffering this. Ever since v9 I've been getting random lag spikes either during an intense firefight or when an explosion goes off nearby. It'll be a quick freeze and then everything recovers.  I don't remember this occurring in v8.

I was getting odd lags spikes also.  I unchecked the FULL TEXTURE LOADING button at the bottom of the graphics menu and everything cleared up.  (I'm rolling a 4 gig ram card but it still caused spikes)

6 hours ago, RipGroove said:

At last! Details to be released in a few days. This will be my last ditch effort to cure my low fps with Squad. It'll be paired with my 5.0GHz 7700k so I hope it works!!!!

You only need CPU Power a 980 can easy handle squad....

You only need CPU Power a 980 can easy handle squad....

I'm gaming at Ultrawide 3440x1440 so might be pushing the 980ti to its limits. I clearly already have a lot of CPU power.

I play at 30 fps 1440p and it is totally playable, its not a twitch shooter.  I would rather have amazing cinematic effects and AA than more fps.

I play at 30 fps 1440p and it is totally playable, its not a twitch shooter.  I would rather have amazing cinematic effects and AA than more fps.

30fps is not very playable IMO.

On 2017-5-2 at 6:11 PM, RipGroove said:

yes! I am testing my new rig and last night got 140fps plus or minus 10 on fools road (7700k at 4.8Ghz, GTX1080ti MSI gaming X), on Exodus full server. This was with my usual tournament settings in 1440p.

Noice.

Especially on a 5.0GHz CPU, 980ti FTW, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz and an NVMe M.2

yes! I am testing my new rig and last night got 140fps plus or minus 10 on fools road (7700k at 4.8Ghz, GTX1080ti MSI gaming X), on Exodus full server. This was with my usual tournament settings in 1440p.

Noice.

Good to hear! I'm just waiting for pre orders to appear in the U.K. so I can hit that 'Buy' button!!!!!

And now I have 11GB VRAM to chew on as opposed to a mere 8GB! (in 4K I was getting dangerously close with texture streaming off).

Posted (edited)

Yay I've made a pre-order, "should" arrive 8th-10th of May if no delays. I was holding out for an FTW Hybrid but the SC2 Hybrid should be more than adequate I hope.

Edited by RipGroove

1 hour ago, RipGroove said:

Yay I've made a pre-order, "should" arrive 8th-10th of May if no delays. I was holding out for an FTW Hybrid but the SC2 Hybrid should be more than adequate I hope.

TBH any 1080ti will do the job for Squad. But hey lets push it!

I look forward to the day I can bring my new rig home, need the wife to kinda not 'notice' LOL.

Hahahaha

7 hours ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

I look forward to the day I can bring my new rig home, need the wife to kinda not 'notice' LOL.

Use the same PC case. ;)

10 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Use the same PC case. ;)

cant old rig is mATX new one ATX............a school boy error.

11 minutes ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

cant old rig is mATX new one ATX............a school boy error.

Oh no. It's much bigger so it's obviously more expensive (which it probably is). You're doooomed. Can't you not hide it under the desk? Claim the old case was causing overheating problems so you had to change it.

8 hours ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

I'd like to switch from laptop to PC, my setup i'd like to buy costs like 1800€. Problem is, we need a new couch for living room first. Too bad the difference between laptop and PC is too big even for women...

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Chez said:

I'd like to switch from laptop to PC, my setup i'd like to buy costs like 1800€. Problem is, we need a new couch for living room first. Too bad the difference between laptop and PC is too big even for women...

You can find plenty of couches at the dump yard.

@7700K owners, your OC now voids warranty according to an Intel rep.

Edited by banOkay

You can find plenty of couches at the dump yard.

@7700K owners, your OC now voids warranty according to an Intel rep.

Wow, buy a K series for overclocking and void your warranty, lolololol

The first reply there from Intel asks the OP if he is using the stock processor fan?! The 7700k does not come with a fan!