RipGroove

V9 Performance issues anyone? Or just me?

93 posts in this topic

I personally have seen an FPS increase in V9. I getting between 50 - 80 fps all epic full 80 man servers. No stutters, or crashes at all. I deleted the cache in the menu in game and checked the integrity of the game files in steam. Running game all epic and all other options on (lens flare etc)

i7 5930k (4.3ghz)

EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid

16gb Hyper X fury Ram (3000mhz)

2560x 1440 g sync 

I will upload screenshot of gpu draw, frames etc. 

Edited by Welshy_Jim

Alright, we have the fps decrease figured out on zooming in on vehicles, we're looking for a fix for that. @ripgroove did you say you were loosing fps on firing in vehicles or just when zoomed in? As i cant find any firing fps drop, or not a major one on my system, and ive only got a 770, but i defo get the zoom one on certain maps.

Alright, we have the fps decrease figured out on zooming in on vehicles, we're looking for a fix for that.@ripgroove did you say you were loosing fps on firing in vehicles or just when zoomed in? As i cant find any firing fps drop, or not a major one on my system, and ive only got a 770, but i defo get the zoom one on certain maps.

Nice work. I was very rapidly loosing FPS when firing turrets while zoomed, it would plummet from 100fps down to 40fps as long as the fire button was held down and then shoot right back up when the button was released.

I did try to replicate it today in the Firing Range after today's game update but so far it seems much better, today FPS would drop by only 20 while firing.

My main issue is that since v9.0 I get very low fps online in most maps compared to v8.9.

Gorodok being the worst, used to be 70-80fps average in a full server and now it's 30-40fps in an empty server.

I've seen a pretty large FPS drop in all maps in v9.0 but could it be possible that the difference between v8.9 and v9.0 has just proved too much for my GPU (980ti FTW) and I'm now bottlenecked by it?

Stat Unit

Frame: 28.42ms
Game: 3.87ms
Draw: 1.82
GPU: 28.43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats super weird man, you should be getting a lot better frames than that....like i say, i am on a 770 and i mostly get 50 fps on goro

thats super weird man, you should be getting a lot better frames than that....like i say, i am on a 770 and i mostly get 50 fps on goro

Yeah it's pretty weird! See here, empty server:

http://i.imgur.com/Y01a4gF.jpg

The whole system was running Squad very very well last Saturday on v8.9 then it just dropped on Sunday morning when I updated to v9.0

On 19. 3. 2017 at 5:54 PM, RipGroove said:

Before the update I deleted the Squad folder from %localappdata% as advised, and this is my performance today:

You need to do that after the update.

You need to do that after the update.

Just tried it again, no difference.

FPS drops from 100 to 60 while zoomed and firing turret in Firing Range.

FPS sits around 30-40 in an empty server at Gorodok.

My draw times look like this today in Gorodok:

FPS: 42.73
23.541ms

Frame: 23.62ms
Game: 3.76ms
Draw: 2.16ms
GPU: 23.71ms

Returning 30-45fps down from my usual 70-80 on v8.9

Just to add i played Gorodok yesterday and had the chance to monitor the FPS.

I was at my usual 71fps fixed for 3/4 of the round, but then noticed a decline to mid 50's (I needed a shower). 

My GPU use was real high, 80-99% which I don't recall happening ever on previous builds.

On 19. 3. 2017 at 5:54 PM, RipGroove said:

3440x1440

I am guessing that's your native resolution and not Nvidia DSR

I am guessing that's your native resolution and not Nvidia DSR

Yeah.

I dont like to speak about the firing range as I dont think it reflects the game in anyway and your FPS should always be much higher being the only one there with nothing going on. Anyway since steam release of squad the firing range for me has always been locked at 240 fps yet after V9 update that is no longer the case and its way down to 150 ish fps... Somethings changed.  

My ping has also gone up I used to have a low ping around the 15-30 mark but this has now bumped up to around 50+ since V9. And theses are uk/eu servers. 

I dont like to speak about the firing range as I dont think it reflects the game in anyway and your FPS should always be much higher being the only one there with nothing going on.

Yes I know that but when you drop 40fps in the firing range overnight it rings alarm bells.

Just now, RipGroove said:

Yes I know that but when you drop 40fps in the firing range overnight it rings alarm bells.

Yeah, why i said for me it has always been 240fps locked... for over a year! Same as every server menu is at 240fps and still is. Now the firing range is around 150fps so something has definitely changed. I cant see how adding a few extra vehicles to that map which are not even moving could drop the FPS by so much. And i am sure what I see here is also in play on a proper full server too.?

Yeah, why i said for me it has always been 240fps locked... for over a year! Same as every server menu is at 240fps and still is. Now the firing range is around 150fps so something has definitely changed. I cant see how adding a few extra vehicles to that map which are not even moving could drop the FPS by so much. And i am sure what I see here is also in play on a proper full server too.?

Yeah exactly, even maps that haven't seen update in v9.0 are a lot lower FPS for me.

1 hour ago, UnderFire said:

I cant see how adding a few extra vehicles to that map which are not even moving could drop the FPS by so much.

That could really depend on how their LoD at range has been handled. There are many bikes up in the garages so 'a few extra' is actually quite a lot.

That could really depend on how their LoD at range has been handled. There are many bikes up in the garages so 'a few extra' is actually quite a lot.

That's a very good point actually.

I can just about squeeze a jerky 40 fps out of Gorodok if I do the following:

Effects: Medium
Shadows: Medium
View Distance: Epic
Foliage: Low

It seems to be the foliage that killing my fps, every time I look at trees or fields it just plummets.