Kesha F1

Nation rasism in SQUAD so sad.

Hello comrades.

Today, my friends and I ran into disgusting racism on the part of administrators of some servers.

When we join and name our squad like a RUS INFANTRY we were immediately kick out from server. For why? We can speak english and communicate with other soldiers in game SQUAD. We do not broke rules server. We older JO:TR (Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising) players and yes, we known russian language and some teammates lives in europe countrys.

Why some admins use rasism stereotypes for players from other countrys?

IF admins don't like russian players, add some rule in server rules.

It's was very sad.

P.S. We was kick out for nation rasism from two servers.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

Are you sure that was the reason? You specifically were told that's why you were being kicked?

Yes! Cus we all was kicked after creat squad with name RUS INFANTRY. After this, we was all kicked from server. Me and two my friends.

P.S. Later we find good server, creat squad with other russian name and we stay there.

Edited by Kesha F1

"Сука блать

иди нахуй

хахахахахахахаха))))))))))))))))))))))
Rash B!!!"

Stuff like that is too prevalent, especially on American servers. 

1 minute ago, Helwyr said:

"Сука блать

иди нахуй

хахахахахахахаха))))))))))))))))))))))
Rash B!!!"

Stuff like that is too prevalent, especially on American servers. 

It's was idiots, but we don't use it. It main reason for kicked all russian language players?!

Just now, Kesha F1 said:

It's was idiots, but we don't use it. It main reason for kicked all russian language players?!

I am saying Americans making fun of Russians for those stereotypes happens too often.

But it problem for play with our english friends. We can not know, suddenly the server administrator, where we are going to play - is a racist and does not like, for example, russian-speaking players.

I know so much older JO:TR players. There are no guarantees that the admin will not kick me knowing that I'm Russian. 

I first encountered such an attitude for many years of playing multiplayer. It's disgusting to realize when you're thrown out of the game, just because you're Russian. It's wrong.

It is wrong. If you go to the server's website, and know what time you were kicked, it should tell you the admin(s) that kicked you and they should be held accountable.

Posted (edited)

The way I see it, the server admins probably thought it was a RUS only or RUS speaking squad which can pose 3 problems:
- The admins dont want 2 man locked squads
- The admins want english on the SL comms
- The admins dont want silent SLs

I would just find the admin and let him know you can communicate, or find another server.

Edited by GreatDestroyerDT

Posted (edited)

Its not racism. Some servers have rules that all players must speak english, so they might kick you if you make a non english squad. Other servers are german or russian for example, they will kick you if you make anything other than that or a english squad.

And since many russian players dont speak english then the admin is likely to kick you. Personally i dont mind as long as the squad leader speaks english (so we can talk to eachother on the SL channel), but its up to the server admins. So i would tell the admin that you do speak english, even though your squad is RUS only and that you will work with the team.

Edited by Gorzu

I don't really involved in this sort of shaningans usually but I'm kinda dissapointed in what's been going down of late,some folks really need to have a good hard look at themselves. 

I have known @Kesha F1 for a long,long time playing with & against him at JointOperations & Yes he is from Russia & he is an extremely good player & a good fella.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you & your mates @Kesha F1 (maybe they don't like the competition). 

Sounds like you were kicked for making a non-English speaking squad. Don't name your squad based on language next time.

It's strange to see things like that happening, especially when English speaking players come to our Russian servers and DEMAND us speak English. There was one German squad that communicated in English on Squad comms although all the squads were Russian and it was a Russian server. I tried to translate for other SLs what he was saying and we were pretty comfortable with him, but then this ass blurted out something like "C'mon can you f***ing speak English? Why can't you speak English?" To which I replied that it is the Russian server and we are not obliged to speak any other language and not everyone knows it. He said, "This is sad." I said that he should deal with it. He was silent after this.

I usually politely inform my English-speaking comrades in my squad(on the Russian servers) that I would predominantly speak Russian as it's hard to maintain good feedback and comms when you always have to reiterate all your commands in two languages. 

But some guys are funny. I had this one SL who said that he wants to learn Russian to play on our servers xD. Squad unites people!

IWI-GALIL5.56FA, Sounds good, but i don't remember server names. It strange situation and disappointed me.

GreatDestroyerDT, 1. We don't locked squad. 2. We speak english. 3. We all time communicated with other SL and squads, cuz info = win in match. :'\

Gorzu, There no rules about name of squad. Yes, admin can't know what we speak on english. And yes i know about language rules. It normal - server for only some language. I respect rules. But on two different servers we was kicked for name of squad. Why is not rasism? Admins kick us in 1-3 mins after make squad. We prefer game style like Infantry and our name squad RUS INFANTRY.

Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX, Thank you very much for support mate. Maybe some admins have read this topic and will reflect on what happened to me and my friends.

Tartantyco, I have many times seen squad called ENG, GER, FR, PL and etc. Why I can't use prefix RUS?! Fobia? On english server i speak english, on russian server i speak russian. Respect? Yes, it's fully respect. But i never kick or ban players for reason «other language», cuz i think what is rasism.

RevolT, Russian? I seen same situations in other MP. In-game session some players demand speak english, but in session so much players in different countrys. They communicate on native language via voice and text chat. I believe that the Squad should unite the players.

=========================

Peace. Now i feel better. Thank you for attention. Eh. :'|

P.S. Western people so much talking about tolerance and stopping rasism, but in life they apply rasism stereotypes for other players. I guess, what both server admins racists.

P.P.S. I repeat what i can speak english, not broke server rules, but i very hate when some «dudes» kick me and friends for one reason - russian language in name squad («RUS INFANTRY» / with english letters!).

14 minutes ago, Kesha F1 said:

Tartantyco, I have many times seen squad called ENG, GER, FR, PL and etc. Why I can't use prefix RUS?! Fobia? On english server i speak english, on russian server i speak russian. Respect? Yes, it's fully respect. But i never kick or ban players for reason «other language», cuz i think what is rasism.

It's not racism. Continuing to call this racism is only hurting your case and making you look silly. Yes, many squads use GER, FR, etc. On servers that are English only, those squads get removed as well. Trying to paint this as targeting Russians specifically is just nonsense that you can't back up.

The reason why many servers are English only is really simple. This is a game about communication. English if BY FAR the most widespread language in the world. I am an admin on the Mumblerines server, which is an English only server. The server is not in an English-speaking country. It is not operated by English-speaking people. Yet we are an English only server because that is the language most people have in common.  We've also had a lot of problems with squads and squad leaders not communicating effectively because they don't use English. It is simply not conducive to good gameplay to have squads and squad leaders using multiple languages and consequently not being able to communicate with each other.

Posted (edited)

actually i think this one language only thing gets out of hand sometimes

especially on days or times where there is only one or 2 populated servers

have often played on russian servers on afternoon cause other servers were empty ... and a lot of other names from in this case europe were playing on that server at this time too ... same goes for french servers ... not excepting german ones

beeing in a russian squad in this case doesnt help the squad and yourself too.

although even in squad u can understand foreign languages in the situation which often leads to surprisingly  satisfiying and good experiences.

e.g winning a situation against another squad and after this squad starts talking to you not knowing you are not of their language!

because i think this is getting a lil bit out of hand:

i tell this in regards to how harsh the world actually got in the last days and years ... and while we all play a game of war we should be aware of that language is the first bridge to overcome national borders and differences ... it might sound a little bit ... something .. find a word for it

but i think there is a lil bit truth behind it

nothing against nationalism in a healthy manner but actually i think locking up the servers based on language is in so many ways bad.

i for myself got alot better in english just because of squad and active squadleading (actually i find it way more easy in english than german because i got used to the special vocabulary and always try to translate the learned english phrases into my native language which is getting weird sometimes)

and dont get me wrong

its still the decision of the community or at least the serverowners which has to be respected first of all.

but in my oppinion it might be more legit when community and playerbase is getting bigger

maybe should turn that damn hippie music which is running right now off again and kill some foreigners on the internet :)

Edited by gshAT

As an American who is fluent in four different languages I have to agree with the others that this isn't per say a racism issue. It sounds more like miscommunication between your squad and the admin running the server. As for language barriers in the end it's all about respecting what the server establishes. I've played on all German and all French servers that made it very clear to speak the spoken language. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest. If someone pays for a server to be a certain way and they make it clear then kudos to them. Anyone playing should respect the established means of communication on that server, or find a server that best suits their needs as a player.

For your situation it sounds more like people were presumptuous and assumed that your squad named RU INFANTRY was a Russian only squad. For that situation it's just a matter of making it clear that your squad isn't Russian only. Buzz the admin so they understand and the issue should be resolved. I've been on plenty of randomly named squads that have names that don't correlate to any specific limiter. If the admin states to you that they don't want to see Russian in the game then sure now they're pushing the bounds of respect and maybe even racism, but in the end it's their server. Report the server and move onto one that you find to be more open to the gameplay you and your friends wish to experience. 

Cheers ;) 

If you're willing to communicate in English on a server that requires it you might try naming got squad 'RU Infantry (Eng)' next time. That should be clear enough for an admin not to kick you for your nationality.

Tartantyco, I'm not interested in the reasons why English is used on servers. I know all this and I have no problems with the rules «english only». I also understand your position as a server administrator. It will be fair, if the rules will govern the language issue. Example, last night we join with my friend on server with rule «english only», join squad and communicate with other virtual solders via voice chat on english and between themselves via teamspeak on russian.

When I played in Project Reality and Squad, the squad names with ENG, GER, FR and etc were not deleted. Perhaps, on some servers (like your?), such squads are deleted.

gshAT, We also did this in JO:TR - when the European servers were emptying, we switched to American servers.

Fandango831, Uhh, It was not a misunderstanding! We was kicked after 1-3 mins after make squad with our name squad. Admins did not contact us - they kick out and this all. Yes, they can set their own rules. This is not discussed or condemned! Not one Russian word in voice chat! We just make squad with name.

Major Trouble, Helpful advice. Thank you.

I can't see calling your Squad "RUS Infantry" one should have presumed....

It should have been easily resolved by  communication by both parties. 

ADMIN..Hay "RUS Inf" do you speak English chaps?

RUS Inf...Indeed we do.

ADMIN...Copy that.

Simples...

13 minutes ago, FlyManRU said:

Кеша, не туда ты за правдой пришёл :-)

Привет.

Я пришёл на официальный форум, чтобы рассказать о проблеме, с которой мы столкнулись в игре SQUAD. Думаю, это был не единственный случай со стороны администраторов игровых серверов. Расизм по национальному признаку всегда ведёт к неприятностям. Для меня было глубочайшим оскорблением, когда администратор выкинул меня и моих друзей с сервера.

Создавая эту тему, я в первую очередь хотел, чтобы разработчики игры узнали о том, что бывает в игре. Допускаю вариант, когда проблема отношений внутри игры не стоит на первом месте у разработчиков, и люди должны самостоятельно регулировать свои взаимоотношения «сервер ←→ пользователь». Это публичное обсуждение акта расизма по национальному признаку. На двух совершенно разных серверах мы были выброшены только за название отряда.

Я прочитал множество разных комментариев. Получил поддержку и полезные советы, которые смогу использовать в будущем. Знания бесценны!

Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX, Another helpful advice. I will use it in future. Thank you again.

====================================

Perhaps, I stepped on a «sick callus». Nevertheless, such phenomena insult me and upset me. Please, administrators, if you have any rules like «english only», contact with players and ask their for change name squad or don't use native language on the server. If they ignored you, kick their ass.

Peace.

what about the times i have been kicked out of RUS INF squads because i don't speak russian? Is this also racism?

Don't call your squad RUS INF on english only servers, and don't kick people from your squad for speaking english on english only servers.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Gorzu said:

Its not racism. Some servers have rules that all players must speak english, so they might kick you if you make a non english squad. Other servers are german or russian for example, they will kick you if you make anything other than that or a english squad.

And since many russian players dont speak english then the admin is likely to kick you. Personally i dont mind as long as the squad leader speaks english (so we can talk to eachother on the SL channel), but its up to the server admins. So i would tell the admin that you do speak english, even though your squad is RUS only and that you will work with the team.

it could be racism.. you cant state that its not.. there is a lot of racism from users of Squad and of course any multiplayer game where these idiots have a forum to spout their crap or have an opportunity to use their admin rights to enforce their views.. unfortunately unless its proven and recorded there is not a  lot people can do... it would be good to be able to get their steam accounts locked/deleted for racism and locked from squad for same, based on evidence of course.

there is a lot of xxx only squad in servers and kicking out players who dont meet whatever criteria the SL decides, it needs to be policed more by the admins and usually is on clan servers, especially where there are rules set.. it would be good to have rules showing on the launch screen when joining a server so people can complain if someone is abusing those rules.  Also Grunt has a point too.. if its ENG server then calling your squad RUS could lead to the wrong conclusion.. I for one enjoy playing with all the different nationalities, unfortuantely cant speak a word of another language except bad language, and war always sounds so much better in German for some reason.. however name ure squad RUS/ENG or something else so that everyone else on the server can be included if rules allow.

Edited by embecmom

Posted (edited)

Funny yarn. True story.

If it wasn't for playing so much USA Joint Ops after the aussie servers died in 2009...

USA dude on an aussie Squad server about six months ago called incoming targets.

Im gonna call it, having spent quality game time with our honorable Sir KFK Podnah, i would say this bloke had that Louisiana, possible Cajun accent?

Aussie squad random says over coms... "what the **** did he just say?"

...I step in with...

"it's OK guys, relax...i speak American, i can translate for ya'll...dude said we got enemies inbound from the north"

...we all had a good laugh and everyone was cool after that,...im pretty sure i even have that one recorded as evidence.

Long story short....i was on a USA server about two weeks ago, called inbound tango bearing and some merican random dude say's

"what the **** did he just say?"

...and some other merican dude who luckily, could translate aussie says..."he said we got enemies inbound from the north!"

hehehe...i got just over 1000 official Squad hours racked up now...and that don't include my CPA time not attached to steam, so i had a quiet chuckle before hitting alt F10 on shadow play. Im confident i have that exchange recorded to.

Everyone is racist in their own little way. It's human nature and perfectly normal. Step up in game to break down any barriers should they occur in real time.

Every little little bit helps and is just another reason why i like this darn game so much. All these screwballs, ****-ups and misfits getting along in a virtual battlefield. You just wouldn't read about it anywhere else on the planet.

rulie out.

Edited by rulie