Kesha F1

rasism
Nation rasism in SQUAD so sad.

41 posts in this topic

@Kesha F1 From the standpoint of us as developers, the established rules are that a server can elect to have a single common spoken language (as is present in the server guidelines). However, if you have communication with server administrators who are blatantly being racist (and no, from what I have read this seems to be more miscommunication than racism) by all means let us know. Racism is unacceptable for us. However, in this case, as I said, seems more like simple miscommunication. I am sorry this happened, and I don't want this to turn into a name/shame thread as then I will just have to lock it, but if there is more details that you have that could prove racism, please send me a PM and I will gladly look into this further. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, rulie said:

Everyone is racist in their own little way. It's human nature and perfectly normal.

rulie out.

sorry but have to disagree with this, or perhaps the way you put it... it is not perfectly normal.. there is good old fashioned banter and as grown ups can easily establish when someone is being a racist or poking fun because they cannot understand your accent.. forum on here is not exactly the place to bang a drum... so im stopping now.

Nationality does not correlate race. So I hope you know you can't be racist too Russian's. Russian is not a race just like American is not a race its a nationality. Your place of birth in the modern world dose not automatically indicate your race like Caucasian or Oriental or Black ect. It might make it more statistically possible that a person will be a certain race if they are born in certain country but that still does not fall under racism. But who ever it was might hold some animosity against a country for what ever reason and lob everyone in the county with their perceived understanding of that country whether they are right or not. I got kicked from a squad that was Vietnamese and they made it clear that the reason was that I was American, they spoke English in a English speaking server. But they did not like Americans, I can only guess they are still mad about Vietnam or something. Nothing you can do but shrug it off and find another server or another squad. But its not racism, I cant tell you how annoying it it when people just throw around the word racism for everything. 

Well, not sure if I want to inject WW2 here or not, but....If Nationalism and racism are an oxymoron....Can't both be true.  The Nazis in WW2 seemed to have had both, against other nations as well as being against Jews and non Germans.  Hitler promoted both didn't he?  So that's why they could be somewhat correlated and confused.  But then we can start having political parties calling each other party racist now too. Like your a Republican or Democrat racist.  Racist against a political party..Now that has to be an oxymoron right?

Posted (edited)

The forum poster is exactly correct. There is a lot of discrimination in game against all kinds of categories of people.  Server admins need to be held accountable and need to be VERY sure they document every kick and ban - otherwise, complaints will be investigated and license will be revoked.

It is illegal to discriminate, even in a video game.  SQUAD is purchased and therefore all servers are considered a place of business.  If you have an English server (or any language for that matter), you better not assume someone doesn't speak English.  Because you'll need to be able to prove that - you can't kick and then apologize later - just ask any discrimination lawyer.

Like I said - server admins beware, you better have good reason to kick and ban and better be able to back it up because when a complaint is filed against a server - you can count on the players being protected long before a server admin.

There are a lot of parties involved here from Valve and Steam to Offworld Industries... all of them can be counted on to protect the players, because it's the right thing to do and that's where the money comes from - and of course, there's a legal obligation.

Edited by JJarrowGaming

Lol, please PLEASE try to take server admins to court over a ban.

9 hours ago, JJarrowGaming said:

The forum poster is exactly correct. There is a lot of discrimination in game against all kinds of categories of people.  Server admins need to be held accountable and need to be VERY sure they document every kick and ban - otherwise, complaints will be investigated and license will be revoked.

It is illegal to discriminate, even in a video game.  SQUAD is purchased and therefore all servers are considered a place of business.  If you have an English server (or any language for that matter), you better not assume someone doesn't speak English.  Because you'll need to be able to prove that - you can't kick and then apologize later - just ask any discrimination lawyer.

Like I said - server admins beware, you better have good reason to kick and ban and better be able to back it up because when a complaint is filed against a server - you can count on the players being protected long before a server admin.

There are a lot of parties involved here from Valve and Steam to Offworld Industries... all of them can be counted on to protect the players, because it's the right thing to do and that's where the money comes from - and of course, there's a legal obligation.

This is entirely wrong and I would love to see you try and argue this in any court. 

There were 21 essentially full servers when I checked last night.  20 of them would probably take you and your group in a heartbeat.  Who cares if 1 has a problem with you.

What if you could not hide your identity behind a avatar...that if you played a game you had to use your real name and identity?  How many would risk cheating and other nefarious activity in a game if everyone knew who you really are?  Although you would run into trouble if the players are under age here.

It has nothing to do with you being Russian (unless some Admin woke up with a stick up his ass). A lot of servers require English Only Squads for the sake of communication, and when they see a squad called "Russian mic" or "French INF" then that squad will be disbanded. Now, if you title it "Russian/English", that may assist you in being able to attract Russian and English speaking players whilst still adhering to the server rules and policy. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe add a nation symbol to the game indicating where the player is from, and playing the game from?  It may or may not indicate the language of the player, but a symbol for that could be added too.  Say there is options for selecting language to indicate to everyone not just admins that the player is playing under this or that language and is playing from this or that country?  To stop abuse and being wrongly kicked or banned for not playing under the proper language for that server.

Edited by XRobinson

Why not just name the Squad "RUS/ENG Infantry" instead to make it more clear that you are capable of communication? I don't think it's racism, that is more-so stereotyping or just plain ignorance. But no worries, I'd imagine most people here aren't against Russians, we all share the same interests here clearly. This problem shouldn't persist much longer.

Posted (edited)

A flag and your selected language next to your player name in game with a secondary language might do the trick...

National_Flags_by_J._H._Colton.jpg

With this selected in game, when you join a server a automatic message would pop up telling you you can or can not play on this server because your selected language must be this or that language, and it wont let you connect until you change your language to the one the server accepts.  Now no kicking or banning for having wrong language from admins.

Edited by XRobinson

On 3/24/2017 at 6:43 PM, XRobinson said:

Well, not sure if I want to inject WW2 here or not, but....If Nationalism and racism are an oxymoron....Can't both be true.  The Nazis in WW2 seemed to have had both, against other nations as well as being against Jews and non Germans.  Hitler promoted both didn't he?  So that's why they could be somewhat correlated and confused.  But then we can start having political parties calling each other party racist now too. Like your a Republican or Democrat racist.  Racist against a political party..Now that has to be an oxymoron right?

You are using the word racist wrong. You are not racist for disliking democrats, you are not racist simply because you're a fascist, you are not racist for holding belief that you want closed borders. You are racist for having discriminatory beliefs against a RACE. Not a religion, belief, political party, idea or anything besides race. 

11 minutes ago, Helwyr said:

You are using the word racist wrong. You are not racist for disliking democrats, you are not racist simply because you're a fascist, you are not racist for holding belief that you want closed borders. You are racist for having discriminatory beliefs against a RACE. Not a religion, belief, political party, idea or anything besides race. 

So I was right, there is no such thing as being racist against a nation or belief.  Your not a racist for disagreeing with a presidential policy thats put forward by a person who is simply from another race.  Democrats!

This thread is done now.

I choose to lock it because it will only lead to hate now.

/Locked