Quacken

Exploit or not?

Well, lately I've seen and heard a lot of complaining about people leaning while running/fighting etc etc.
Some have even gone so far to call it an exploit or hack...

what's your opinion dear community?

Not an exploit. It has its pluses and minuses just as any other mechanics in the game.

- harder to shoot

+ harder to get shot

I've seen my share of soldiers running with broken ribs, but they're just as easy to shoot. 

No difference to me.

A bigger exploit is if you tap A and D while running. Makes you teleport left and right.
Don't understand why they changed from the first implementation where you'd turn your view instead.
It added functionality and wasn't cheesy.

Posted (edited)

I think the people your talking to quacken are finding every and any excuse for deaths other then their own actions. Its neither hacking nor exploiting and gives you no advantage.

Edited by GreatDestroyerDT

8 hours ago, GreatDestroyerDT said:

I think the people your talking to quacken are finding every and any excuse for deaths other then their own actions. Its neither hacking nor exploiting and gives you no advantage.

You're right about everything except for it does give one an advantage when used properly.

It's pretty much like side step strafe shooting in CS series but more complicated.

The most virtuosos combine strafing and leaning with changing player states: stand, crouch and prone.

11 hours ago, Skul said:

You're right about everything except for it does give one an advantage when used properly.

It's pretty much like side step strafe shooting in CS series but more complicated.

The most virtuosos combine strafing and leaning with changing player states: stand, crouch and prone.

Don't forget the easter bunny hopping :)

It enables you to run through fields of grass/poppies with a lower profile instead of either having your head sticking up or crouching. It's sort of an exploit since you can do it forever without any penalty, which it should have. Stationary and leaning, no penalty, moving, there should be a penalty that kicks in after a couple of seconds. Who runs around in real life like that?

23 minutes ago, LugNut said:

Stationary and leaning, no penalty, moving, there should be a penalty that kicks in after a couple of seconds. Who runs around in real life like that?

They could always make it so you use up your stamina faster. It's harder IRL to run leaned over after all.

Right, that's what I mean, something along those lines. And/or nerfs your speed a bit. So, if you want to run out from around a corner leaned over, no big deal, but run around like a zigzagging, leaning headless chicken and it burns up your stamina.

Yeah, that's right. Neft everything, so clever and skilled can't use anything against knups and scrubs.

47 minutes ago, Skul said:

Yeah, that's right. Neft everything, so clever and skilled can't use anything against knups and scrubs.

I personally don't have a huge issue with this, but it's cheesy, gamey, and really just doesn't have a place here. You sound a little too concerned about your K/D

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

it's cheesy, gamey, and really just doesn't have a place here.

Says who? You?

So far I can see that Squad is a true successor of BF2. Game doesn't feed you with info, doesn't tell you what to do, has over9000 tricks you can use to become a better player, punish bad plays as well as it encourages good plays, allows one squad of 5-6 people to pretty much destroy whole enemy team of 40 players if this squad is good enough, etc.

16 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

You sound a little too concerned about your K/D

Nah, I'm not concerned about my kdr since I was 10 when it passthrough marker of 3.

Edited by Skul

2 hours ago, Skul said:

Says who? You?

So far I can see that Squad is a true successor of BF2. Game doesn't feed you with info, doesn't tell you what to do, has over9000 tricks you can use to become a better player, punish bad plays as well as it encourages good plays, allows one squad of 5-6 people to pretty much destroy whole enemy team of 40 players if this squad is good enough, etc.

Nah, I'm not concerned about my kdr since I was 10 when it passthrough marker of 3.

Nothing about lean running and twitch-shooting reminds me of PR. In fact, many of the very old PR Vets who backed Squad on here have been very vocal about how these sort of things are taking Squad further and further from PR in a bad way.

And say what you want about not caring about K/D, but I just read a rant about how you want to pwn noobs and destroy an entire enemy team with just one squad. I'm gonna stick to my own beliefs based on what I'm actually seeing.

Deff not a exploit of any sort,again just wanna say we've been using left/right lean way betore you BF/PR boys in JointOperations :P, a useful tool to have.

The only time it's a Hack is when you download the Auto Lean hax...& Yes a few players doutches in Jointops did use it for dodging bullets.

I'm a leaner (mumblerines trademark), but it's mostly automatism. Has its roots in having a slightly lower profile when running through fields and near shrubs, you can be invisible running in a cornfield. Theoretically it also covers your chest a little bit with your arm when shot at from the front (which takes a bit less damage), but the tradeoff for not being able to aim as well any more isn't really worth it for me. I still find myself leaning a lot.

And I do think it is a bit silly and gamey, but not too harmful either. If they nerf it, thats fine by me.

How could a game feature, not a bug or anything, be an exploit?

I equate running through a field while leaning to simply ducking.  Don't see a problem with it at all.

3 hours ago, JJarrowGaming said:

I equate running through a field while leaning to simply ducking.  Don't see a problem with it at all.

agree..   although I still dont understand how people can see me when lying down in a field pfff...

leaning makes you a smaller target apparently when in combat.. the hit boxes are less exposed? dunno.. I seem to get shot easily even if its just my friggin nose sticking out from a corner... and now with bullet penetration im fooked.....