zyco187

When they putting in aircraft

40 posts in this topic

Coming from P.R. I'd love it if they added the whole suite of aircraft and complementary vehicles, kits, deployments. I think it adds a whole extra layer of game depth.

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

tks for info..still think planes are not a must have though.. I have played original Battlefield.. and Arma so understand it and tried it..... Im not opposed to aircraft as such... as I said helicopters in general could be used on these maps ( its not going to be 1 of 50 ... its 1 of a squad.. plus you will need a member in the squad to have AA or drive an AA vehicle or end up with a AA and anti tank.. but anti tank cannot take out many of the vehicles unless its heavy ... so you begin to struggle on asset decisions ... this is leading the game more towards having separate units for air and vehicles plus support...which might be interesting if you get anti tank.. anti air .. support .. assault squads..but you could end up with Arma... a confused mess with people just jumping into vehicles / planes and not into squads so they can just smash about... this is my big concern, right now there is a lot of great communication.. team play.. with the SL able to authorise a vehicle it reduces the chances of people just taking vehicles...   so if you get planes and someone can just jump in it without authorisation from an SL it could end up chaos...

I totally agree on your statements on Arma and Battlefield's vehicle usage. But trust me, if the devs follow/improve on PR's model it will work out great, with minimal asset wasting. 

Not sure why you mean by "not going to be 1 of 50 ... its 1 of a squad". 

If there is one jet per team, that's 1 out of the 50 players on the team that will be taken off the ground. 

And we won't have 1 AA per squad. That would just be insane. 1 or maybe 2 AA kits per team would be ideal. Squad's are supposed to be dependant on each other. Every squad should not be some elite team that can deal with every threat. This dependent creates the real magic in these types of games, because it forces you to work together or lose. 

SL vehicle approval is the one thing that I think we need to keep from the current system. It totally prevents asset stealing. 

Helicopters would be EPIC and so would the stinger missile that would take them down!  If the helicopter was a chinook - we could transport troops and a vehicle!

I want one of these!

AIRWOLF.jpg

2000?cb=20120412062222

Airwolf-airwolf-14597010-500-336.jpg

t.JPG

or one of these!

concept_gunship_helo_by_shelbs2-d3hdoqx.

Edited by XRobinson

I would like to see both transport and attack helicopter make it into Squad. Here is my vote on helicopters.

• Russia
    • Attack:  Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark
    • Utility: Mil MI-17
  • USA
    • Attack: Boeing AH-64 Apache
    • Utility: UH-60 Black Hawk
  • Militia
    • Attack: Mil Mi-24 Hind
    • Utility: PZL W-3A Sokol
  • Insurgent
    • Attack: mi-28ne
    • Utility: bell 206

On 3/25/2017 at 3:11 PM, OverVolts said:

I would like to see both transport and attack helicopter make it into Squad. Here is my vote on helicopters.

• Russia
    • Attack:  Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark
    • Utility: Mil MI-17
  • USA
    • Attack: Boeing AH-64 Apache
    • Utility: UH-60 Black Hawk
  • Militia
    • Attack: Mil Mi-24 Hind
    • Utility: PZL W-3A Sokol
  • Insurgent
    • Attack: mi-28ne
    • Utility: bell 206

I highly doubt the Insurgent faction will ever get any type of helicopter asset, let alone something as highly sophisticated as a Havoc. Not to mention the Havoc would be better suited for the Russian forces anyway.

Militia getting helicopters seems highly unlikely too, but you can bet the conventional factions (US, RU, GB, etc) will inevitably get some form of transport and attack helicopters at some point later in the year.

maybe insurgents can sneak into the airport and steal one ;)  now that would mean there would need to be cover at the airport to protect them...

On 25/03/2017 at 6:12 PM, Flat896 said:

I totally agree on your statements on Arma and Battlefield's vehicle usage. But trust me, if the devs follow/improve on PR's model it will work out great, with minimal asset wasting. 

Not sure why you mean by "not going to be 1 of 50 ... its 1 of a squad". 

If there is one jet per team, that's 1 out of the 50 players on the team that will be taken off the ground. 

And we won't have 1 AA per squad. That would just be insane. 1 or maybe 2 AA kits per team would be ideal. Squad's are supposed to be dependant on each other. Every squad should not be some elite team that can deal with every threat. This dependent creates the real magic in these types of games, because it forces you to work together or lose. 

SL vehicle approval is the one thing that I think we need to keep from the current system. It totally prevents asset stealing. 

I just mean as the squad is 9 players,  if 1 player is removed to fly a plane or chopper then there needs to be a different approach on how roles are allocated... atm you start with s/l and either rifleman or medic.. once these slots are alloted you get some support roles.. then if all 9 roles are filled you get hvy anti tank (sorry I know you know this).. so as a pilot you really are taking away a ground role.. and then you need to decide how to allocate anti tank/anti air.. so it doesnt really impact 50 players it impacts your squad as an SL.  To me this pushes it towards having air and support squads allocated to do specific roles.. again no bad thing if you can have squadron leader who allocates planes and helicopters so they cant be spammed and used for crap.  Which I would actually prefer because it would be truly combined forces rather than having a plane per squad which will just be chaos.  Of course this is all conjecture and we will know when we know!

Problem with PR is that you have the Squads with people who always fly, and the people who do not get too.

People who always fly are awesome and will generally get things done with minimal incidents.  Some of them can also be the most self entitled and arrogant [email protected]..e.g. 'Get out of the chopper, im flying, your a noob, thats always my role, VOTE KICK, go train in empty server' etc.

People who do not get to fly often only get to fly offline, and even then its not the true experience.  Carrying a squad/supplies with a certain amount of pressure is the true way to learn. Im not arguing that you should not practice in your own time, but your never really going to do well if thats the only way you get to practice.

Sure it can be frustrating for squads/elitists, but whenever I went to learn I would put something like 'Noob Transport Crew' or something similar in Squad name - This often had some nice people join and help you out, or at least understand if you f**d up.  

My first experience was playing on Basra and flying a transport chopper with a random squad in the back, I was nervous and the Chopper shook/twirked all over and took longer than what it would have taken an ace pilot.  The people in the back were cheering and making sounds like a roller coaster, and all I could think about was 'this is hilarious, but I really do not want to mess this up' - they had already accepted they were going to die, but luckily I landed pretty close to the LZ and was congratulated.  I rarely flew in PR.

It all needs to be accessible and balanced, with a level of understanding in the community - which goes without saying I guess.

This is alpha zulu one, we got a downed pilot in sector a9, send in the rescue jolly greens, alpha zulu one out.8f1c4987895efa0c698dece0b536684f.jpg

On 2017-03-22 at 5:00 PM, venax said:

CAS would be OP , if 1 team has godlike pilot and gunner they can destroy everything on the map unless you put an OP MAA and stingers with realistic range , but thten again even helicopters like the AH64 or the havoc have huge range and this is coming from somone who was basicly sitting in helicopter 24/24 in BF2 and BF3

CAS was balanced well  in PR most of the time, and can be balanced even better in Squad. Between handheld AA, AA vehicles, deployable static AA at FOBs, and other aircraft, pilots have a lot on their hands, and they have to fly very, very carefully. They absolutely can not go "solo", they need recon from teammates on enemy AA and targets. CAS aircraft in Squad will encourage teammwork, and expand the game to much greater levels.

It's frustrating to see so many people disapprove of their eventual addition on such flimsy assertions. "CAS will be abused, and wasted" "CAS will be overpowered" "CAS will ruin the teamwork." We have had the testing grounds for Squad in the form of project reality for over a decade, and we know that these assets can work very, very well.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:09 AM, 40mmrain said:

CAS was balanced well  in PR most of the time, and can be balanced even better in Squad. Between handheld AA, AA vehicles, deployable static AA at FOBs, and other aircraft, pilots have a lot on their hands, and they have to fly very, very carefully. They absolutely can not go "solo", they need recon from teammates on enemy AA and targets. CAS aircraft in Squad will encourage teammwork, and expand the game to much greater levels.

Agree on this even elite/Veteran Pilot still get shotdown by AA from time to time so CAS is not that OP, its just another tool that can be used in combine arm.

but ofc Jet burning in flame while fall from the sky is a sight to behold xD

I remember watching a hitbox stream from the devs last year where they said the 1st iteration would be in Fall 2017.