Tristan123

fps
I have better specs but get low fps plz help!

Posted (edited)

I have a I76700 GTX950 16bg ram and can provide more specs if needed. So basically i should be able to run the game on ultra right? BUT I CANT! I run the game at about 30-40 fps! Please help!

I play at 1920x1080

on all low settings on forest maps i get 30-48 and on desert maps i get 50

on my favorite settings which are txxa high effects medium shadows high/epic view distance medium/low foliage. I get 38-50 fps on jungle maps but mostly 30-40 on forest maps and on desert maps i get 53-67 it moves a lot lol. I tried doing the command -useallavaliblecores but that didn't help either. So if you can help me or tell me anymore commands that would be great!

Edited by Tristan123
added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your FPS sounds about right mate,

You CPU is the i7 6700 I am assuming, that's a decent CPU but your GPU is pretty weak for the game.

There will be a bunch of tweaking you can do to help for sure.

Post up your in game graphics settings and I am sure we can help out a bit, what resolution are you playing at?

A good starting point is to turn all graphic settings to low or off and jump on a few fully populated servers and record the FPS at regular intervals, then tweak up settings to what you like and are happy with the associated FPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

Your FPS sounds about right mate,

You CPU is the i7 6700 I am assuming, that's a decent CPU but your GPU is pretty weak for the game.

There will be a bunch of tweaking you can do to help for sure.

Post up your in game graphics settings and I am sure we can help out a bit, what resolution are you playing at?

A good starting point is to turn all graphic settings to low or off and jump on a few fully populated servers and record the FPS at regular intervals, then tweak up settings to what you like and are happy with the associated FPS.

edited the discussion would love your support! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok well aside from messing with the files (which I don't advise you doing), the best straight forward boost you will get will be using Intel Extreme Utility tool to apply a small overclock to your CPU.

 

Assuming your system is running cool, you should be able to apply a 200Mhz overclock to your CPU, and then turn Hyperthreading off via BIO's.

That should yield a plus 7-12fps boost overall.

Regarding in game graphics settings, I would advise playing with shadows on medium and view distance on High (the min accepted community tournament settings) and turn everything else off or to low.

Then tweak resolution scale to 1.25 and see how you go, this tweak may hit you too hard on fps so turn it back to no resolution scaling if that's the case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he does have the i7 6700 vs the i7 6700K, then he won't be able to overclock. I'm assuming he didn't leave the K off of course. I'm also assuming this is a pre-built system?

 

Anyways, the 950 is a great little budget card but even when it was new, it couldn't average 60 fps on high in demanding games.

w3-fps.gif

 

In this case, you're certainly GPU bottlenecked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

If he does have the i7 6700 vs the i7 6700K, then he won't be able to overclock. I'm assuming he didn't leave the K off of course. I'm also assuming this is a pre-built system?

 

Anyways, the 950 is a great little budget card but even when it was new, it couldn't average 60 fps on high in demanding games.

w3-fps.gif

 

In this case, you're certainly GPU bottlenecked. 

Yes prebuilt but i have a I7 6700K forgot the k didnt think it mattered until now sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have overclocked non K CPU's with Intel Extreme Utility tool etc before no problem, only a little but it generally works fine.

But he has a K CPU so happy days - overclock your CPU mate for more FPS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of just doing shit find out what your bottleneck is by typing "StatUnit" into console while playing. Then look for the highest overall frametime numbers and see if it's CPU or GPU related. Once you know what's holding you back you can try improving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2017 at 7:31 PM, DesmoLocke said:

If he does have the i7 6700 vs the i7 6700K, then he won't be able to overclock. I'm assuming he didn't leave the K off of course. I'm also assuming this is a pre-built system?

If he has Z170 MB, he can overclock any non-k Skylakes through BCLK up to 4.6 gHz easily on default cooling system and up to 5.2 gHz if he will get a proper cooling system, remove CPU cover and stuff like that.

Edited by Skul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Skul said:

If he has Z170 MB, he can overclock any non-k Skylakes through BCLK up to 4.6 gHz easily on default cooling system and up to 5.2 gHz if he will get a proper cooling system, remove CPU cover and stuff like that.

 

4,6Ghz is an above average OC for the 6700k, most people get it to 4,4/4,5 Ghz, furthermore 4,7/4,8Ghz is in the "great chip/silicon lottery" range and also requires very good cooling since the 6700k starts to really heat up at the 1,35V mark, while 5,2Ghz has been reported, it is golden chip territory with an expensive custom water loop and most likely not 24/7 operation as it would need A LOT of voltage which is not good for the CPU in the long run.

 

Suggesting one can do 4,6Ghz on "default cooling system" is straight out wrong and could cause damage to the CPU if attempted, so please don't spread disinformation. To reach 4,6Ghz you'd need somewhere around 1,3/1,32V and with a stock cooler it would either throttle a lot or completely overheat and shutdown.

 

What OP needs is a faster GPU in the range of 970/980/1060/Rx480/r9390/r9390x or higher as the GTX 950 he owns is not very powerful compared to those I just listed. When upgrading the GPU please check if your PSU is up to the task (specially if it's a pre-built).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now