Sign in to follow this  
KuukieMaster

SquadLeader system test or something

The last time I will slowly get sad again, the game what was so cool with the NearVoice, Squad Chat and SquadLeader chat slowly gets the problem of Teamspeak to feel, as well as of people the Squad with COD confuse.

I come as Medic an People Respawn. All the Time, they die, i will bandage and respawn...

SquadLeaders simply do not talk, whole squads refuse squadleader communication and do what they want. I do not know where it comes from all of a sudden, but I notice it clearly now. I have no exact idea how to avoid this, but maybe the brilliant team of Squad has an idea how to remind the people that we are not with COD and these VoiceChat functions are not for no reason. Russia spawn on German or English Server and only speak Russia. i love the game, but it is a little bit sad :S

Maybe even a microphone patch with check to be squadleader? The Squaleaders are the Important Roles. When this guys dont speak and the squad do what he want , the other squads get even though they then communicate ticket problems and many more problems

Please do not blame me for this post, it should only provide information to keep the game at the level where it actually belongs. In the hard tactical shooter area.

I hope my english is okay. i am german and not so good in english

Edited by KuukieMaster

i understand your point completely!

what i have learned so far, if the SL does not speak or if you are in a team that's in general "quiet"

the best thing to do is to disconnect and go to another server. if there is not a better server, exit the game, try again later :)

i've been looking for a server where people are playing and communicating in a more serious way, unfortunately

if you want to play this way you need to find a team and play closed, talking non public servers, or PW protected servers...

3 basic points for being a GREAT SL

1. Communicate with your squad and other squad leaders
2. Know the game thoroughly 
3. Stick to the objective 

I agree with FIXXXER on this point! As of late, that seems to be the only options mostly leading to the latter in some cases (log off try later). My hope is that this doesn't become more common place given Squad a short life span. In addition, it has come with toxic attitudes when you attempt to educate or help newer players adapt. Unfortunately, most of this is inevitability, and found across different games within the genre... For a while this was the one place where it was different! I hope the core community in the public servers & admins help to keep the genuine play-style alive. Otherwise there may be a steep decline in objective focused players or an off-set of locked servers.

A lot of the time I think t will probably be up to the server and admins to kick people who try to lead a squad without a mic, but a mic check for squadlead would be nice too

You can't expect to always have the best experience when you only play in public matches with random people, unless you're part of a clan and playing with your clanmates, you're not getting 100% out of Squad.

It's really simple, you just can't expect random players to understand the game and play well. I'd recommend you for the time being to have fun in the clownshow that the random games usually are, but once  you find that you'd like to get a bit (a tiny little bit, no more is required) serious, then you can join a clan and find out what you've been missing.

We need kick and lock, withouth these options there's no way a SL can govern a squad in public servers.

We need kick and lock, withouth these options there's no way a SL can govern a squad in public servers.

If we need anything of this we need the ability to lock the squad. As SL you can already kick ppl out of the squad.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

12 hours ago, El Pube said:

I completely agree with this, but I have one concern with that. I would be wary of people who would enter a squad themselves and then lock it, so they'd play by themselves or only be in a squad with two people. Squad is the type of game where it works better when squads are full and doesn't work very well when lone-wolf or in very low numbers.

30 minutes ago, Corporate Cal said:

I completely agree with this, but I have one concern with that. I would be wary of people who would enter a squad themselves and then lock it, so they'd play by themselves or only be in a squad with two people. Squad is the type of game where it works better when squads are full and doesn't work very well when lone-wolf or in very low numbers.

Lonewolf squads can be dealt with by admins. There's plenty of uses for small squads, and 9-man squads are almost always wasteful.

the game is not the problem but the people. the best thing to do if your a SL is before each match check if the other SLs have a mic, if not ask a server admin to remove that person from SL. the TAW servers have that rule. SL MUST have a mic. this ensures that comms are actually available but the use of them is up to you (the players)

I have found that playing Squad leader with other clans who are also Squad Leading is the best scenario.  If you don't have coordination between the Squad Leaders it almost always leads to disasters.  Try looking for clans to play with - even if you don't want to join.