Walderschmidt

HOLY MACKEREL PLEASE VAULTING

I know it's in the works, but please put vaulting and mantling in the game as soon as possible. Getting around walls is getting extrememly frustrating for me. 

God, I need vaulting and mantling in this game.

Wald

7 hours ago, Dubs said:

Jump + crouch is your friend.

I really gotta try that.

I also really got to stop drinking whilst playing this game. Thanks for the suggestion!

Wald

10 hours ago, Walderschmidt said:

I know it's in the works, but please put vaulting and mantling in the game as soon as possible. Getting around walls is getting extrememly frustrating for me. 

God, I need vaulting and mantling in this game.

Wald

The game is somewhat realistic as it is now. You ever try to do all that parkour junk with 50 lbs. of gear and a rifle irl? Not even possible. In fact I'd get rid of the crouch jump as well to make it completely realistic.

4 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

The game is somewhat realistic as it is now. You ever try to do all that parkour junk with 50 lbs. of gear and a rifle irl? Not even possible. In fact I'd get rid of the crouch jump as well to make it completely realistic.

I concede the point that it's no easy feat to mantle a wall with a lot of gear on you. And no, obviously I've not tried that with 50lbs of gear and rifle. But I have done it with 30lbs+ gear and rifle (IOTV + rifle + kevlar + mags + assault pack with gear). It's tiring as ****, but not impossible.

However, what gets me in this game is not human height walls, but rather waist high, or little over waist high gear. Granted, I'm not expecting parkour level quickness, grace, or skill in getting over the wall. But don't tell me that's impossible or impractical. 

I'd be down for a system whereby the more stamina you have used up, the slower it takes to get over these walls (and getting over such a wall would use stamina).

No comment on the crouch jump as I've never tried. However, given that we have spawning on FOBs and rally points, it's clear to me that this game does value realism above all else. It seems to be that this game is trying to bridge the gap between slow paced, complex military sims and fast-paced, simple first person shooters. Bullet physics and zoom realistic, sprinting speed and movement speed realistic, spawning not as realistic (I think). 

Wald

Already been announced that it's coming with the animation update.

On 3/12/2017 at 6:54 AM, Walderschmidt said:

I know it's in the works

Then why the hell did you create a new thread.