Pvt. Lewis

Lack of diversity

Anyone else bothered by the lack of diversity in characters faces? It seems as if there are no asian American or even African American player models.  I understand European Americans are more dominant and popular, but it would be authentic AND more polite to include other races. I personally would love a somali or African faction for maybe a black hawk down like scenerio. But I doubt most gamers would be willing to play on a team that was majorities African. Which is unfortunate. Wishful thinking...

Posted (edited)

Alpha.

Let me say that again.

Alpha.

EDIT: 
Literally every Russian has the same face model.

Edited by Nikko B

About the second part of your post, I bet people would LOVE to play as somali militia or another african faction, but the game has only 4 factions at the moment so I doubt something like this is high on the priority lists, specially considering they would need to create whole new assets, models, maps, etc, etc, for something like this.

1 hour ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Anyone else bothered by the lack of diversity in characters faces? It seems as if there are no asian American or even African American player models.  I understand European Americans are more dominant and popular, but it would be authentic AND more polite to include other races. I personally would love a somali or African faction for maybe a black hawk down like scenerio. But I doubt most gamers would be willing to play on a team that was majorities African. Which is unfortunate. Wishful thinking...

Literally two entire factions in PR were all African.

I love playing the clone wars 9_9

They're still working out new uniforms and loadouts, new faces will come at some point before release. It's early days yet. 

6 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I love playing the clone wars 9_9

They're still working out new uniforms and loadouts, new faces will come at some point before release. It's early days yet. 

I hope so. Especially with British factions, they have completely different faces and teeth and that needs to be reflected in gameplay. The us forces should have some   African Americans in the mix.  Hispanics are also in the US Armed Forces. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

I hope so. Especially with British factions, they have completely different faces and teeth and that needs to be reflected in gameplay. The us forces should have some   African Americans in the mix.  Hispanics are also in the US Armed Forces. 

There are African American player models on the U.S side....

Edited by Dubs

My guess would be that new player models will be introduced with the new animation system, but that's just a guess. 

Interesting post, and agree more diversity would be nice. As someone mentioned above, there is a randomly generated African American model, but other ethnicities are lacking. I also believe one of the better paths to a address this, instead of making entire clone factions by one ethnic group, would be to allow the player(s) the option to select their character model ethnicity in settings regardless of faction. Simplicity is sometimes the most rational approach, you'd be surprised what problems can be solved when choice is provided. Hopefully, we'll see this sort of option in the near future.  

ALPHA

in Beta you willget also females #feminism #womancanfighttoo

An interesting game that functions well with good gameplay is way more important than 'diversity'. 

Diversity is icing on the cake. If the core gameplay is not up to snuff, 'diversity' won't do anything to help the game.

There are more important things the devs are working on and they're gradually getting those changes out.

Wald

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

I got as far as the bold part and didn't bother reading the rest.

Please go away.

Edit: Sadly i finished reading.

"But I doubt most gamers would be willing to play on a team that was majorities African. Which is unfortunate."

I sincerely hope this is you trolling with a shit sense of humor and are not quite as inbred as you seem.

Edited by GonzoPR

Some should read forum rules before posting. Lack of creative thinking shouldn't force one to be disrespectful. Respect the person that took the time to make the post whether you agree with it or not.

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users

Posted (edited)

Wow, bringing racism into the forums. First of all, implying that most of us are white therefore we would not like to play as a black character is racist and should not be tolerated on this forum. I dont know why moderators allow this to happen. 95% of people on this forum played Project Reality and one of the major forces were MEC, who were BROWN, and I loved playing them, why? Not because they were brown, but because MG3 and G3 were beasts. There was also African faction where characters were BLACK, and I liked playing them because they had AKs. When I play Project Reality, Squad or Arma, I dont care about the guys skin colour, all I care is if he looks like an Operator. Keep trying to oppress white people and guilt trip them with your bullshit. 

Edited by MINTY

Posted (edited)

I feel like the OP was some kind of a joke.

I just don't get it.

Edited by MultiSquid

Posted (edited)

Black people have superior camo
...not even kidding, the first thing I usually spot in a bush, when playing Squad, if an enemy is hiding there is a pasty white face.

Edited by Peerun

1 hour ago, Peerun said:

...not even kidding, the first thing I usually spot in a bush, when playing Squad, if an enemy is hiding there is a pasty white face.

I can't even right now

Damn man. "Diversity" Well overrated word, overused by all Political elites & crackheads. Can we've  Alien's(ET's) included,because we don't wanna leave them out.Right!. :P

Just call DICE in here to force 3/4 of the militants to be asian

2 hours ago, Peerun said:

In any game with character customization, I always go with a non-white character for this very reason. xD

I guess this makes me... pragmatic. 

No various faces, but only 1 great face I would see over all factions...
Chuck Norris pls ;-)

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Trying to be "funny" by making borderline racist remarks in a normal or sarcastic manner isn't a way to keep a thread like this open.

Try to be civil and mature about this, not everyone is from your corner of the globe.

6 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

Trying to be "funny" by making borderline racist remarks in a normal or sarcastic manner isn't a way to keep a thread like this open.

Well to be fair, it is keeping it open.