Morbo513

Map Grids System

No, because it doesn't.

Even in a 4km, one square is 300m- Which is a 33m sq Keypad.

33sq meters isn't small, no- But you can still say "He's in the house in D4 KP5".

And again, even someone playing their first game can relay that information. Otherwise they're struggling to even see where the fuck they are on the map.

Not to mention that you guys keep referring to 16sq Kilometer maps, when we've been told that they're not going to be included for quite a while, Devising a massively intricate system of mapping for a 2sq kilometer map is pointless, especially if you have two noobs having to learn it all just so they can tell each other exactly what tree the enemy is sitting under so they in turn can open their map and work out the math of what they were just told so they can find said tree and shoot him.

I'm sure anyone would agree that "He's in the cluster of trees in F7KP1" is far simpler and efficient.

No, because it doesn't.Even in a 4km, one square is 300m- Which is a 33m sq Keypad.33sq meters isn't small, no- But you can still say "He's in the house in D4 KP5".And again, even someone playing their first game can relay that information. Otherwise they're struggling to even see where the fuck they are on the map. Not to mention that you guys keep referring to 16sq Kilometer maps, when we've been told that they're not going to be included for quite a while, Devising a massively intricate system of mapping for a 2sq kilometer map is pointless, especially if you have two noobs having to learn it all just so they can tell each other exactly what tree the enemy is sitting under so they in turn can open their map and work out the math of what they were just told so they can find said tree and shoot him. I'm sure anyone would agree that "He's in the cluster of trees in F7KP1" is far simpler and efficient.

Torgan Valley is a 16km2 map on it's final form, next to this it has a 8, 4 and a 2km variant.

+1 for the PR grid system.

Whenever i was Squadleader, Sniper/Scout, Commander or simply used the chat to give away enemy position the people never were confused.

If i told them there is an APC in Foxtrot 7 kp 8 it was always understood immediately in 90% of the cases.

The missing 6% occur when the target was moving too quickly and constantly changed it's position and the last 4% were simply noobs who were new to the game or rather never used the grid system properly.

PR's system gets exponentially more and more inaccurate the larger the map gets, because a keypad will cover less and less. If the Engish alphabet had like 100 letters instead of 26 it coukd work just as well as the Arma system. 

PR never used all the characters of the alphabet. As far as i remember it went from Alpha to Mike.

Experience PR players gave away a second keypad number on 4km2 maps. For example "Lima 3 Keypad 8 Keypad 1".

I think the Keypad system needs improvement, so that you communicate 2 numbers in a row.

No, because it doesn't.Even in a 4km, one square is 300m- Which is a 33m sq Keypad.

It's still progressively less accurate as map size grows, regardless of to what extent that might or might not make it practical to use. 

I'm sure anyone would agree that "He's in the cluster of trees in F7KP1" is far simpler and efficient.

Perhaps, but I'd say a 6 digit system is a little more flexible, and if the map screen clearly showed the coordinates that the mouse cursor was hovering on, it would be very easy for people to become acclimated to.

Quick suggestion: If you press press mouse on one of the keypad coordinates, it could write them out on the screen(somewhere with small font in the corner) when you put map down so you don't have to double check them and it would be easer to remember. It's always happens that you check the coordinates, then squadmate asks something and then you want to report coordinates to other squad leader and you forget what it was so you taking time to double check them .