15 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

The inclusion of even more vehicles is really going to change the focus of the gameplay and making the game overly complicated is going to seriously alienate future players and younger people used to the instant gratification of CS:GO.

I don't see a problem here.

Edited by Cheesy_LeScrub

Thats exactly what I hope happens. Alienate all the CSGO kiddies it would be a step in the right direction! More vehicles and no random TDM. Who really cares about a K/D ratio in a game oriented towards team play.

only reason cs:go is big is because it hasn't changed much at all since it started as a mod (17 years??) its consistent doesn't need a yearly number added too it with a new release.. i've been playing since you had to upload CS through half life...  same maps same stance am i good at it? to an extent but all the people that play it is because of the consistency . i miss going to server seeing familiar names booking servers for 5 v 5 scrims or 1 v 1s  it was all time,  it was a challange between you and the other and it never changed only your performance changed and thats what makes you come back to a game like CS,  much like golf love hate relation ship but you allays go back to test yourself.

build something right the first time and you'll never need to change it.. only difference with cs:go is they have found a way to capitalize money with out actually changing the game skins,drops ranks? boosters buy 20 accounts sell em...what ever

Edited by Bigsmokeee

CSGO is not a team deathmatch game. There are objectives, and the game is very heavy on teamwork. On the micro level, the tactical experience is much deeper than what you get in Squad. Squad currently is more macro-heavy, more strategic, whoever got the most relevant fobs usually has the edge. But the tactical gameplay itself suffers a bit in my opinion, from that which is usually described as "meatgrinder action" (attrition warfare).

Edited by plissken

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

no no, i've got a better idea. we need some military MOBA mode. because, you know, DOTA2 is TWICE as big as that cs thingy. That way we'll have 100000000 buyers for sure!

oh i've forgot dota is free and cs is dirt-cheap and we're at 40$...

you don't realize how many of them owners have only cs go in their account and not interested in buying ANY other games, how many of them made by 1 single person (like, 100 copies bought with discount by a cheater), or too young to buy anything or too old to get out of their little cs-world for something new, they won't ever know about squad even if you remake de_dust2 there.

and this is fine. devs already gone too far with casualisation of the game, but that's the thing. they can do whatever they want not giving a single fck what you or anyone else thinks, to create their unique vision and not some copypasted bullshit you're proposing

this thread is either stupid or trolling

Edited by lisasu

That sounds like great idea imo, you could train CQB skills on that ''battlefield style'' domination etc.

Maybe some modder will see this post and make something out of it :3

12 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Niche games end up dying, servers go away and the company goes out of business. I would prefer that OWI be successful and then make Squad 2 in a few years.

Tell that to Project Reality, Mortal Online, Wurm Online, SWAT + 100s of other titles. Niche games 90% of the time have very dedicated communities and dev teams. A lot of niche games survive 5+ years. 

Want to know what games die out fast and servers die out? AAA Generic FPS shooters. 12 months after release, 90% of population is gone flocking to the new copy paste game. 12 months after that, that game from 2 years before is dead and the game released a year before is nearing it's death. 

We already have this in Jensens Range (base mode). It's a great place to try things out and hone your skills. Would be nice to have a few different maps though. I am sure some modders will come out with a 'kill house' tdm style map in the games future. I don't have the skills to do it myself.

TDM JointOperations,this Ol' boy still kicked ass....

69Kills/8Deaths/29HeadShots/18ShotKilks :D

DF/JointOperations has been doing this scrims way before CoD/CS:GO/ BF kiddies bollox....

If some smartypants wants to Mod some TDM maps,this Ol' geezer will partake & kick some young'uns asses!.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Yup. Started out playing Delta Force 1 then the entire series. The wide open maps of Squad and the game features remind me a lot of all the Delta Force games.

Agreed.

DeltaForce was the beginning ,the forefathers of all Multiplayer FPS what we've today. I've said it many times here,Squad has the beating heart of DF/BHD/JointOperations. I've been waiting for DF:Angel Falls for to long,maybe we have it with Squad.

Again,I wouldn't mind different types of scrims just to warm my cockles before the main event.

On 2017-03-10 at 11:56 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

make Squad 2 in a few years.

You're a funny one.