Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Lewis

Black hawk Down / rescue scenario

Recommended Posts

The devs mentioned new game types and mission based scenarios. Are they still considering a mode where one squad has to be rescued? I remember there was talk about possibly one squad having to survive while defending a crashed black hawk until the other squads come to rescue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Verdin   
4 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

I hope they just foucus on all the core features before stuff like this

 

As the developers seemingly have enough trouble with the basic mechanics and features of the game, I think you can rest assured that such things won't be focused on before the base of the game is figured out and implemented.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Verdin said:

 

As the developers seemingly have enough trouble with the basic mechanics and features of the game, I think you can rest assured that such things won't be focused on before the base of the game is figured out and implemented.

 

 

Yeah I figure they will, my statement was more directed at the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build a fortified FOB in a compound, let the enemy team know where it is, defend it for as long as you can.

 

It's the same exact thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Build a fortified FOB in a compound, let the enemy team know where it is, defend it for as long as you can.

 

 

 

It's the same exact thing.

 

Nice :-D

 

Put it directly on the flag, or pretty close to it, and you have the ultimate challenge^^

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got to have Blackhawks in game first!  :)

I have alternate proposal: one player on team from both teams gets to be a general or high officer rank who is shot down deep behind enemy lines, he starts out round being shot down and parachuting to ground and then pulls hand held radio and calls for rescue.  First team to rescue wins or first team to capture enemy wins... :)

Edited by XRobinson
proposal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what.. I love the idea! However, kinda sounds like the entire game would be based on one persons ability to play right and not be a troll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

You know what.. I love the idea! However, kinda sounds like the entire game would be based on one persons ability to play right and not be a troll. 

Could go another step and say one whole squad of 5 is trapped behind enemy lines....And also each team has limited assets in which to work with to get job done, so it makes it challenging and not easy for either team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Could go another step and say one whole squad of 5 is trapped behind enemy lines....And also each team has limited assets in which to work with to get job done, so it makes it challenging and not easy for either team.

Yeah that may be better...! What about 5 people who don't have weapons? Maybe they have to hide or something? Buy they can hear local voice audio from both sides. And they can follow the friendly team to extraction point! That's never been done in a multiplayer game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't think this map and scenario would ever get boring....Because the drop zone behind enemy lines would or could be random but still deep behind the lines.  Could even imagine playing this scenario out on any map or all the maps.  The squad could be chosen at random each round or sequentially so each squad has a chance at being the survivor squad to be rescued or try self extraction through cunning and hide and seek, thievery skills....Like stealing a vehicle to make it to friendly territory.  Let's give this mode a test!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Yeah I don't think this map and scenario would ever get boring....Because the drop zone behind enemy lines would or could be random but still deep behind the lines.  Could even imagine playing this scenario out on any map or all the maps.  The squad could be chosen at random each round or sequentially so each squad has a chance at being the survivor squad to be rescued or try self extraction through cunning and hide and seek, thievery skills....Like stealing a vehicle to make it to friendly territory.  Let's give this mode a test!

Agreed that's why minds like ours should be developing this game.... not the dev who is currently driving it into the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikko B   
37 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Agreed that's why minds like ours should be developing this game.... not the dev who is currently driving it into the ground. 

Last I checked the devs take into consideration the ideas of the players. They've already implemented player's maps and ideas into the game, so there's nothing stopping them now.

 

We're not devs, they are. For a reason. There are limitations and I'm sure many things that they consider that we don't know about. So yes, the devs are handling this and not us.

 

"dev who is driving it into the ground"?

 

Like a single dev? Do you hold a grudge? Because I certainly don't think this game is being driven into the ground.

Edited by Nikko B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

Last I checked the devs take into consideration the ideas of the players. They've already implemented player's maps and ideas into the game, so there's nothing stopping them now.

 

We're not devs, they are. For a reason. There are limitations and I'm sure many things that they consider that we don't know about. So yes, the devs are handling this and not us.

 

"dev who is driving it into the ground"?

 

Like a single dev? Do you hold a grudge? Because I certainly don't think this game is being driven into the ground.

I love the game and the majority of the devs want a realistic experience and do a great job. But there is one dev who continues to push for more Arcadish elements to attract a larger audience. This is the reason we can absorb multiple gun shots without losing stamina or flinching. This is why it's more fast paced than PR, ect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, each downed person in the survival squad could only have one life, meaning if they get killed they do not spawn in the squad needing rescue anymore, instead they join a different squad to help in rescue.  If all are killed then that could be counted as a capture and so a win?  So, it can be kill or capture enemy downed squad to win and rescue your squad in your opposing teams territory.  It could be you need to do both to win, but if both teams have done one then it's a tie. There can be many end round conditions I suppose.  Anyway like throwing ideas on the board....It's fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Agreed that's why minds like ours should be developing this game.... not the dev who is currently driving it into the ground. 

 

You're more than welcome to try your hand at making a game like this.

Wald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 6:55 PM, Pvt. Lewis said:

I love the game and the majority of the devs want a realistic experience and do a great job. But there is one dev who continues to push for more Arcadish elements to attract a larger audience. This is the reason we can absorb multiple gun shots without losing stamina or flinching. This is why it's more fast paced than PR, ect...

I'm not a dev on this game, but as a content creator I really feel you don't have the right to make grudge statements like that. To make a call at one person for having a different vision is wrong. The Squad development team in whole deserves great respect for the work they put in and how transparent they are with their community. As far as anyone should be concerned the developers are fully entitled to do with the game as they see best fit to fulfill what they envision as a good title. If you do have a grievance about the game or with an individual (developer/community member) I'd implore you to PM them and if they see fit in responding to you they will, but using a thread as a vent zone is wrong and ultimately detracts from good topical conversations.  

 

Back at the core of this topic I'd absolutely enjoy a strategic urban game mode that mimics Black Hawk Down to degrees. Mission scenarios would be neat. However I feel as the game fleshes out and more maps become available you'll have dedicated servers and community events that will ultimately fulfill the role of mission types. Just like currently the SquadOps guys do on Twitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MilosV   
On 3/12/2017 at 3:55 AM, Pvt. Lewis said:

I love the game and the majority of the devs want a realistic experience and do a great job. But there is one dev who continues to push for more Arcadish elements to attract a larger audience. This is the reason we can absorb multiple gun shots without losing stamina or flinching. This is why it's more fast paced than PR, ect...

I don't know which specific dev you are talking about, or if this is true or not, although i stopped playing squad back in 2016 because i've felt the same thing, i didn't KNOW devs were doing it but i was suspecting it was going on. It's 2017, still no tanks, helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, factions that are needed and so on. Not trying to call anybody out, it's just the general feel i get + the cancer part of the community turned me away, i still play PR, content and community wise it's still unmatched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RevolT   
On 12.03.2017 at 7:55 AM, Pvt. Lewis said:

This is the reason we can absorb multiple gun shots without losing stamina or flinching

Well, things are subject to change and it's constantly emphasized by the community. Also, this has already been addressed multiple times and It will definitely be different after the new animation and core systems are introduced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 4:12 PM, Pvt. Lewis said:

The devs mentioned new game types and mission based scenarios. Are they still considering a mode where one squad has to be rescued? I remember there was talk about possibly one squad having to survive while defending a crashed black hawk until the other squads come to rescue. 

No need to wait for something that will probably never happen and honestly the graphics and vehicle physics are quite similar:

 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32670/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×