Webb

FOB/HAB Question

The current FOBs passively generate construction points. In A9, say I am in a compound with a Squad and I place a radio. Does that radio generate construction points slowly in order to build a HAB? Or do we require a supply run in order to get the construction points? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they remove the passive generation, but there's nothing in the changelog so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I hope they remove the passive generation, but there's nothing in the changelog so far.


Hoping for the same. 

Then logistical system will make sense.

Edited by Rainmaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new logistics system will not be very different from the current one with the same passive generation of points... Let's hope for the best, prepare for the worst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I hope they remove the passive generation, but there's nothing in the changelog so far.

 

11 hours ago, Rainmaker said:


Hoping for the same. 

Then logistical system will make sense.

 

I'm not so sure I would like to see it completely removed. But, I definitely would like to see it slowed down significantly though. Maybe to a fourth of what it is now. Logistics need to have a much more critical role to where delivering supplies is a must for each team to be doing. The way it is now you only need to do logistical runs if your going all out building a base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for remove completely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NanoAgeWarrior said:

Nerf rally points before you nerf fobs any more, please.


I strongly agree with this aswell!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe disable passive generation for non-activated FOBs, but leave it for the FOBs that were supplied?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about it some more. Removing all passive generation from the radios would be the easiest and most effective solution to promoting the use of logistical trucks. Otherwise people can still place random radios all over and then eventually come back later to build HAB's with the passive points they have gained. At least with no passive generation a team would have to risk getting logistics across the map to supply that radio. Giving the other team a chance to intercept and destroy those incoming supplies. Encouraging ambushes on roads. Which could in return lead into having to have protection detail of some form for logistical trucks to help them safely bring supplies to really far distanced FOBs. Effectively creating some kind of a convoy aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tastey Wabbits said:

 

 

I'm not so sure I would like to see it completely removed. But, I definitely would like to see it slowed down significantly though. Maybe to a fourth of what it is now. Logistics need to have a much more critical role to where delivering supplies is a must for each team to be doing. The way it is now you only need to do logistical runs if your going all out building a base.

 

Current version you still need the logi run to let the FOB spawn stuff in timely. Games are still lost if you didn't get that first supply run.

 

And while I can agree with removing points generation, y'all make it sounds like it cranks out points like a broken gumball machine. It would probably be 6-8 minutes before a FOB would get the 400-500 points needed for the HAB. (Current point generation is like 1 per 2 seconds right?) Then it would need an SL to place it, after they were transported there. Hell, they might've drove in with a logi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If point generation is removed, then infantry maps will be pretty lame. Also, +1 for nerfing rallies before nerfings fobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, plissken said:

If point generation is removed, then infantry maps will be pretty lame. Also, +1 for nerfing rallies before nerfings fobs

 

You can have logistics trucks on infantry maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

 

You can have logistics trucks on infantry maps.

Trucks in enemy sight and easy tickets. Truck in wrong squad..no supply runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Captain Preoxide said:

Trucks in enemy sight and easy tickets. Truck in wrong squad..no supply runs.

 

What are you even trying to say here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he meant trucks are an easy target and easy to destroy, specially in the hands of a unexperienced squad, so your team may end up with no trucks and thus no FOBs at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Zenrique said:

I think he meant trucks are an easy target and easy to destroy, specially in the hands of a unexperienced squad, so your team may end up with no trucks and thus no FOBs at all...

 

I don't see a problem there. If you let the enemy destroy your assets, you deserve the long run from main.

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

 

I don't see a problem there. If you let the enemy destroy your assets, you deserve the long run from main.

 

Yep. Let people get beaten with the stupid stick, they'll get with the program after a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I am all for it, I was just "translating" the other guy's post :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And find a way to give points to the guy driving the logi truck. Reward good behavior through positive reinforcement and make it apparent that one is helping out the team.

1. Points for dropping up supplies

2. Points for picking up new supplies

3. Points for each new spawn at FOB (that he activated when he dropped off supplies?)

 

Wald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to remove it completely. At the very least lower the generation rate dramatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/9/2017 at 5:20 PM, Tastey Wabbits said:

Thinking about it some more. Removing all passive generation from the radios would be the easiest and most effective solution to promoting the use of logistical trucks. Otherwise people can still place random radios all over and then eventually come back later to build HAB's with the passive points they have gained. At least with no passive generation a team would have to risk getting logistics across the map to supply that radio. Giving the other team a chance to intercept and destroy those incoming supplies. Encouraging ambushes on roads. Which could in return lead into having to have protection detail of some form for logistical trucks to help them safely bring supplies to really far distanced FOBs. Effectively creating some kind of a convoy aspect.

 

This guy gets it!!     +1 for convoy

 

+1 to nerf rallies before fobs          +1 to remove fob passive generation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now