Sign in to follow this  
Macross

Chest cameras/peeking

Is there coming any update to chest cams?

Annoying to loose fights because of shooting invisible walls and die 1hit because enemies see me fully behind wall/fence.

Insurgency have nice model on peeking system, you should copy that or make own based on that.

Posted (edited)

It definitely is annoying when I'm behind a wall where I can't shoot over it. The gun barrel is so close to being over the wall, but there's nothing you can do to actually shoot over it short of moving.

Edited by Nikko B

What do you mean by chest cam? 

And a softcover system is planned so that your gun placement should adjust to the terrain and shoot over/around. We won't see anything of it until well after V10 though. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Flat896 said:

What do you mean by chest cam? 

And a softcover system is planned so that your gun placement should adjust to the terrain and shoot over/around. We won't see anything of it until well after V10 though. 

With chest cam, i ment this. ( Imgs from google, so not best ones :D )

2014-06-30-heads-up.png

When you are behind something, you dont see nothing.

squad_truefps.png

But on enemys view, headshot.

GafmfCt.png

Usual problem on near every fps game, hope they will fix it, even though its not so bad like in that image.

Edited by Macross

At least until the next animation update, Squad is using "true first person" view (therefore no chest camera).

4 hours ago, beginna said:

At least until the next animation update, Squad is using "true first person" view (therefore no chest camera).

Thats nice to know, then propably just lags/bugs on those situations when it feels like chest cams.

Then just waiting for that gun position update, that we loose shooting invisible walls.

Otherwise as for game and alpha, i would give 9/10, allmost 100h in and happy so far, next update info++.