Sign in to follow this  
F$K

Binoculars for RU/US

From what I know, both Insurgent and Militia has got a class named "Scout" and in slot 6 it comes with both binoculars and a shovel. Would it be possible to get the Russian and American team a role where one of the Rifleman has got binoculars? Make it limited as the Milita and Insurgent faction. I know that the Squad Leader role has got binoculars but I really do think a second role in the squad with binoculars would be nice to have, as it shouldn't be hard for powerful militaries like RU/US to obtain binoculars for few riflemen. As for the Russian they could have a AK-74M with another type of buttstock as I've seen it in the early stage of the game already so it shouldn't be too hard to bring it back(?). These are just my opinions, thoughts on this?

As for the AK-74M and the other stock; http://i.imgur.com/V7M0qXN.jpg?1

All faction medics used to have bino's but were removed for gameplay reasons.

I can't answer when/if other classes will have access to them though, I can't recall hearing anything about other classes getting them in the future,

Yeah, I remember that combat medics had bino's issued, however considering Insurgents and Militia(?) got them for their Scout role it'd be cool to see RU/US faction have a role where they got access to binoculars aswell, considering RU/US are both big militaries that are well equipped.

On 3/7/2017 at 0:43 PM, F$K said:

Yeah, I remember that combat medics had bino's issued, however considering Insurgents and Militia(?) got them for their Scout role it'd be cool to see RU/US faction have a role where they got access to binoculars aswell, considering RU/US are both big militaries that are well equipped.

I disagree, because this is where asymmetry plays in. INS/MIL having a scout role is great, and the binos are well suited to it. RUS/US don't need a scout role and they certainly already have a lot of aspects (i.e. two riflemen per Squad with scopes) that make up for it.

You can't compare the scopes issued to the Riflemen with binoculars, huge difference and people use binoculars for different type of uses.

55 minutes ago, F$K said:

You can't compare the scopes issued to the Riflemen with binoculars, huge difference and people use binoculars for different type of uses.

Of course I can. It doesn't matter what you use them for, in the end they're just magnified optics.

OP, do you know how long were we fighting to remove this mutant from the game?!

No, I do not know as it doesn't really encourage me. Both teams have their positive and negative sides and from my perspective I don't see why powerful militaries shouldn't have access to binoculars for 1 Rifleman per squad. Giving a combat medic it is just useless. Binoculars and optics used for rifles are two different things and used for different purposes, if not you could of just issued each SQL with a optic to wield instead of binocular. People use binoculars for different uses and optics issued to Marksman and Riflemen is no match if you're using it as spotter for a HMG or Marksman, I however understand that it can be seen as "overpowered" when used by a Rifleman and not by the SQL.

At the beginning of PR, every class had binoculars. 

I thought every soldier should have binoculars, it only feels normal to have them on the battlefield. 

They're adding a custom inventory system, so I assume some classes will be able to pick binocs, in favor of more magazines, grenades, or something.