JJarrowGaming

Everyone Should Hear Local Communications

In an effort to increase strategic realistic game play, I request that all players be able to hear local communications from both teams.  It is kind of unrealistic that the enemy cannot hear our local communications and us not being able to hear the enemy's.

With this implementation, the enemy names would NOT show up like the friendly coms names do.

While it would be nice and I would enjoy it being in, I also understand why it's not: in reality, can you understand the language of your enemy? Sure, you can hear them talking, but you don't know what they're saying because they're going to be speaking another language.

Maybe it would be nice to see a system where talking in local chat has your character saying some pre-recorded line in your country's language, or hell even direct local communications chat, but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Its not in the game because it drives people to use external comms. It defeats the in game comms. I'm fairly certain this has been discussed a good number of times; search next time. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

My Uncle was a Green Beret in Vietnam and they learned the language enough to confuse the enemy and it worked really well for them.  He said they would get enemies to come right to them or get them to go in a certain direction, leading to lots of enemy being taken out.

Assifuah   

I'm locking this thread due to it being a repeat topic (covered dozens of times in the past).

If you want to make thorough suggestions with valid arguments I would recommend you compile them all in one mega thread (if they're relevant, of course). Creating individual threads for topics that have been covered in the past isn't really effective and drowns out other threads.