RipGroove

Anyone here gone from 4790k to 7700k?

60 posts in this topic

Yeah I had to set a delay to my fans in order stop them keep ramping up suddenly and then down again. My chip spikes whenever I do anything but it drops right back down 2 seconds later so there's no point having the fans ramp up as by the time they spin up they shut off again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is your ram speed at? using xmp?  i7 users who want the most fps usually disable hyper threading..maybe get a faster kit of ddr3 and disable hyperthreading

what is your ram speed at? using xmp?  i7 users who want the most fps usually disable hyper threading..maybe get a faster kit of ddr3 and disable hyperthreading

DDR4 XMP 3000MHz and HT is off.

54 minutes ago, Caterpiller_JSOC said:

Buy i7 and disable hyper threading :D Why do you waste money on i7 in the first place...

Don't laugh at me, but is it better to disable hyper threading on i7 to get more fps? I googled already, but that's all too high for me. Is hyperthreading that bad? I have i7 6700HQ. I tend to use the programm CPUCores, there's also an option to disable hyper-threading. Also there is a "game on dedicated cores only" button for "single threaded games" is that usefull for squad? I know, i am not well expertised in that :3

Buy i7 and disable hyper threading Why do you waste money on i7 in the first place...

Personally I enable HT when rendering video and disable it playing games, what's wrong with that?

18 minutes ago, Chez said:

Don't laugh at me, but is it better to disable hyper threading on i7 to get more fps? I googled already, but that's all too high for me. Is hyperthreading that bad? I have i7 6700HQ. I tend to use the programm CPUCores, there's also an option to disable hyper-threading. Also there is a "game on dedicated cores only" button for "single threaded games" is that usefull for squad? I know, i am not well expertised in that :3

I have a 6700k and a gtx 1070. I've tested both with HT on and off. No difference for me.

I have a 6700k and a gtx 1070. I've tested both with HT on and off. No difference for me.

Your CPU will run about 10°C cooler with HT off, handy if you want to get a good overclock.

1 hour ago, RipGroove said:

Personally I enable HT when rendering video and disable it playing games, what's wrong with that?

Lots of people buy i7 and disable HT when they could've just bought an i5 and saved money. i7 without HT is the same as i5.

For me disabling HT on my 4790K reduced my CPU temp under load when gaming by around 5 degrees C. This enabled a higher OC and thus better Squad performance.

The benefit was greater before, but I noticed the gap got smaller (around V9 from memory).

I havn't tested recently and now have an 7700K so will do so.