Sign in to follow this  
kRUTCH

More control for Audio Chat Channels needed

I think it would be beneficial to be able to tune the loudness of any of the three types of chat "On the Fly", ie Hotkey'able function.

Examples of situations could be you just jumped into a vehicle ( Ex. BTR ) and now the ambient noise is louder than your comms level, I find the level required for Squad chat while you are inside a BTR is just simply to loud for when you are not in a vehicle. Or how about you hear foot steps approaching but there is to much comms to hear it, you should be able to mute instantly for that situation.

I know you can quickly go into your options and adjust but it would be easier if it were hot keyed, especially if there is a fire fight and you need to adjust to hear commands.

Edited by kRUTCH

4 hours ago, kRUTCH said:

I think it would be beneficial to be able to tune the loudness of any of the three types of chat "On the Fly", ie Hotkey'able function.

Examples of situations could be you just jumped into a vehicle ( Ex. BTR ) and now the ambient noise is louder than your comms level, I find the level required for Squad chat while you are inside a BTR is just simply to loud for when you are not in a vehicle. Or how about you hear foot steps approaching but there is to much comms to hear it, you should be able to mute instantly for that situation.

I know you can quickly go into your options and adjust but it would be easier if it were hot keyed, especially if there is a fire fight and you need to adjust to hear commands.

I agree, I also think there should be a vehicle channel to talk to the people in your vehicle like in Arma because I can never hear them over the damn truck. 

I like the vehicle chat Idea.

Another idea, perhaps double tapping your squad mic would drop a visible icon on your position visible for 10 seconds or so, similar to the temporary halos we see for the SL commands. Could be used for a variety of things, like giving the SL your current location on the map, or indicating enemy spotted or something.