TempestMkV

Share of magazines and reload system

36 posts in this topic

Sure, ammo sharing would be nice etc. But i really did not have many moments, like 2-3 where i did not have any ammunition for my main rifle. I'm not rambo, i do not die that much, but i most of the time i use single fire, even in Close quarter. And most of the time where my magazines ran under 50% i had an ammo crate nearby.

On 4/1/2017 at 10:22 PM, Fieldfare said:

I'd rather we not get sick spins or any other BF2 fantasy war tricks. Usually in the real army nobody tosses the mags away when spent, but rather trade it in the pouch for a fresh one. This is all besides the point though.

Ammo type is different for US and Russo forces. Sure both start with 5, but that's the end. 5,45x39mm for Russian modern weaponry and 5,56x45mm for US. From what I can tell, in theory you could fire the russo round from US chamber, but it'd result in a massive amount of jams if fired in succession so the ammo is not really gonna work out. Rapid fire firearms are not like a blunderbuss or a  12 gauge shotgun in which you can stick whatever in and it still shoots just fine.

Militia and the rest of the factions who use modernized russian weapon designs could swap ammo, but even then I think the feature would make poor sense should you be able to loot everything from the fallen... I can see spraying and praying as well as nadespam happening real fast. Thus, I for one would leave it out. Ammo exchange from teammates would be fine though. But no enemy looting.

Yeah all in all its complicated and there fore there is no need for that.This is a game you will die far more then you will need to swap mags or take them off a dead mate.

The only role i played where i went out off ammo was sniper when sniping my SVD went out fast so i needed to get my makarov out and go down closer and personal then i took out two guys and died my self.

PR had a feature long time ago in which you could pick up enemy kits from dead bodies and use them, while i would personally love to see that in SQUAD it's probably not the direction the devs want to take.

On the other hand thy could make not to take kits and therefore taking the role why not make it you can take weapons from a friendly dead soldier and an enemy,taking his RPG,AK,and so on.But having like one clip in it and one rocket.

3 hours ago, MilosV said:

PR had a feature long time ago in which you could pick up enemy kits from dead bodies and use them, while i would personally love to see that in SQUAD it's probably not the direction the devs want to take.

That sure was a very long time ago. Even so while you're not allowed to keep other team's kits I can't count the number of times that I have temporarily stolen an enemy kit to use their bandage.

Posted (edited)

On 4/8/2017 at 7:33 PM, Rybec said:

That sure was a very long time ago. Even so while you're not allowed to keep other team's kits I can't count the number of times that I have temporarily stolen an enemy kit to use their bandage.

Yeah that saved my life so many times i feel like i lost a limb whenever i get wounded in squad and medics are somewhere else like they usually are

Edited by MilosV

The main topic was not  talking to pick up enemy kit weapons or ammo.
We should talk about the share of magazines and the possibility to mix your half magazines to fill out 1 full, because the game need it and is the right way to make this a realistic SQUAD game.

What about resupply MG (like in RO) with an extra belt other squad members carry? Swap it for an AR mag if you let MG carry those.
But I concur, swapping mags (or smokes, frags, bandages for that matter) can come in handy and it's a nice feature in general, promotes teamwork (ideally...).
Accessing the inventory of downed players (be it friend or foe), like in Arma might not be the best idea. On the other hand accessing each others backpacks would be nice. Although at the moment players don't carry so much you need a pack for that, or there even being an inventory system facilitating that.
But in that eventuality, you could drop them to make an impromptu ammo cache, and pick them up later. Now if a weight system for loadout gets added.

Once we have an improved inventory system, you never know, you might be able to swap out some of your standard loadout to carry extra ammo for your lmg or a rocket for your LAT guy. I'd like to see that sort of flexibility so you could build a squad focused on AT for example. 

7 hours ago, Nimbus said:

What about resupply MG (like in RO) with an extra belt other squad members carry? Swap it for an AR mag if you let MG carry those.

See, I really like that.

I'm sure it would be super easy to make an inventory slot for holding a magazine and similar to bandaging someone else, you would lose the magazine and your friend would gain a magazine.

The part that's really cool about it is this works for automatic riflemen from every side so it would be a feature that everyone benefits from.

RPK automatic riflemen could get a standard sized 30 round from a rifleman on the Russian side

M249 automatic riflemen could get a stanag from literally everyone on the American team

Militia would be applicable most of the time unless they spawn with an American weapon

Insurgent would be applicable some of the time.

Edited by Rybec
Typo

I like the idea because it promotes teamplay, which is what Squad focuses on. The easiest way to do this is simply RO-style, where each rifleman carries 1 extra MG belt and 1 extra rocket (since these are needed far, far more often than MG belts).

Another option is to phase out "Non-Scoped Rifleman" role completely (since non-scoped rifleman is the most boring kit) and replace it with "Ammo Bearer", with one MG ammo bearer and one AT ammo bearer per squad, each with two belts/rockets.