TempestMkV

Share of magazines and reload system

Posted (edited)

Is there in programm the Possibility to share ammo magazines with team mates?
Also, being able to pick up ammo from death bodies?
Fast reload while you leave your magazine on the ground instead of put it in the tactical vest?
Possibility to mix your half magazines to fill out 1 full (of course it should take 1min or more to do that)?

These will make the game more realistic than everyone else.
Hope Dev gonna see this, Thanks

Edited by TempestMkV

Posted (edited)

I'm not talking to pick enemies weapons, only your rifle ammo (something like 10 sec to do that).
Anyway the best is to be able to give 1-2 of your magazine to a team mate!
This Increase the tactic and the cooperation between squad mates and is simple realistic.

Edited by TempestMkV

Posted (edited)

picking up ammo from dead bodies might not always be realistic especially when considering different weapon styles and caliber,

for example USA vs RUS.

then again it would make total sense where factions are sharing weapons like RUS vs MILITIA!

sharing ammo with team mates (if wepons match!) would be awesome but i doubt that this will ever end up in the game,

as the game focus is drifting away from realism more and more.

fast reload and consolidating magazines would be awesome too, especially when the game has it's slow

phases but this is also way to realistic to fit the game right now.

Edited by FIXXXER

We going to have Ammo bag carriers if i remember correctly from a Dev interview, if that's still the case,we shall see?.

There is countless Threads about Pickin' ammo,weapons/sharing ammo & sorts.

6 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

We going to have Ammo bag carriers if i remember correctly from a Dev interview, if that's still the case,we shall see?.

There is countless Threads about Pickin' ammo,weapons/sharing ammo & sorts.

Ammo bag carrier would be an amazing class to have, I always play as an ammo bag carrier on games that have classes like that because it just fun running around helping people out by giving them ammo for some reason, I would love a class like that haha. 

7 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

i doubt that this will ever end up in the game,

as the game focus is drifting away from realism more and more.

lol would love to hear your reasons for this, because it's doing just the opposite. Small arms penetration hype!!

1 hour ago, Crusty said:

Ammo bag carrier would be an amazing class to have, I always play as an ammo bag carrier on games that have classes like that because it just fun running around helping people out by giving them ammo for some reason, I would love a class like that haha. 

Could make use of the existing AR Class (would give them a larger role similar to Medic). There have been plenty of times where I have ran out of ammo and there are no ammo crates/fobs within range (you really get caught with your pants down). To be able to go to the AR Gunner in your squad or another squad and get a max of two full mags would be nice. 

2 hours ago, Aniallator said:

lol would love to hear your reasons for this, because it's doing just the opposite. Small arms penetration hype!!

it surely depends on what you think of when you hear "realism", weapon damage is a small part of it but i would not weigh out anything on that!

i have written this quite a few times but ok here we go again...

first of all i need to say that i really like the idea behind SQUAD, it has a modern and reasonable setting, no space/futire bullshit.

it also offers large, mostly open maps that are not designed to be balanced but rather to represent a realistic combat/conflict envoronment.

the problem is that many things are "unbalanced" not in terms of gameplay but in the general presentation of the game.

for example, it takes like 5 seconds to switch from your main weapon to your sidearm but it takes a blink of a second to go

from standing to prone and back.

well, of course you can say, the game is still being developed but to be  completely honest, isn't this a thing you would want to get right from the very beginning?

yes, the dev's are working on a new animation system but from what i have seen so far it looks more like "we want to make it look more battlefield badass like"

instead of "we want to make it look REAListic"

the other thing is that, in general the dev's seem absolutely not interested to interact with the community.

we get some useful information from time to time but mostly there is  no interaction.

this makes me a bit sad to be honest, especially because there are so many great ideas suggested here but non of these

seem to find any attention.

so, simply from seing what is being suggested here and what is actually being made by the dev's let's me think that the core idead of SQUAD many people here

have in mind is completely different from the SQUAD the dev's seem to have in mind, that's why i think that we are not going to see more realism

in SQUAD than we have now.

i could go on and on but i think you get my point...

1 hour ago, FIXXXER said:

for example, it takes like 5 seconds to switch from your main weapon to your sidearm but it takes a blink of a second to go

from standing to prone and back.

The duration of the animation to switch between your primary and your sidearm is something like 2.2 seconds exactly. Furthermore, when your character pulls the sidearm out he flicks the safety off, and when he holsters it he flicks the safety back on. If anything all of that in 2.2 seconds, in the heat of combat, is a bit fast.

yes, the dev's are working on a new animation system but from what i have seen so far it looks more like "we want to make it look more battlefield badass like"

instead of "we want to make it look REAListic"

Except the "true first person" we have right now isn't too realistic. It attempts to portray through a computer screen a feeling that's only possible through the human eye, and in general is visually displeasing. For example, your weapon is too far from your face when in ADS; this is especially noticeable on weapons with small fore sights like AKs, where the fore sight is barely visible. And when running for example, how you don't see your arms or your weapon; in-game this means that your view looks like nothing more than a panning camera, where IRL you have a very acute sense of your own movement that can't be reflected in-game.

the other thing is that, in general the dev's seem absolutely not interested to interact with the community.

we get some useful information from time to time but mostly there is  no interaction.

this makes me a bit sad to be honest, especially because there are so many great ideas suggested here but non of these

seem to find any attention.

so, simply from seing what is being suggested here and what is actually being made by the dev's let's me think that the core idead of SQUAD many people here

have in mind is completely different from the SQUAD the dev's seem to have in mind, that's why i think that we are not going to see more realism

in SQUAD than we have now.

i could go on and on but i think you get my point...

Dude... are you joking xD The devs are hugely interactive with the community, just go to the Squad subreddit. I don't know another dev team that even gets close to the level of interaction with their community that the Squad devs have. They answer pretty much every gameplay-related topic and have discussions. What are you on about with "not interested to interact with the community" lol

Posted (edited)

this is why it makes no sense to discuss on the internet...

i wrote that SQUAD is not realistic, you asked why and i explained...

i made a very good and simple example why this game is not realistic in many aspects and instead of replying directly on this

you simply did what everybody likes to do on the internet, you took what i wrote and twisted it around, trying to make

my point invalid..

for a better understanding, it does absolutely not matter how long it takes to pull out the damn sidearm,

as long as it takes longer to pull out the sidearm than going from a standing into a lying position and back

you can not say that SQUAD is in any way realistic. this in not an opinion this is a fact.

oh btw subreddit is definitively a way better place to share information on the game than sharing it on the god damn official forums! ;)

all i see here is dev's answering questions very poorly and vaguely.

talking about "interaction" is see  none.

i must admit that there are many silly and even dumb suggestions but there are also a few very good suggestions that would

drastically improve SQUAD as a game and experience, however these sugestions are being completely unnoticed by the dev's.

Edited by FIXXXER

4 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

this is why it makes no sense to discuss on the internet...

Because someone disagreed with you? I hate to break it to you, but the internet is a cold hard place. If you think you can say things without any negative feedback, you're in the wrong place.

i wrote that SQUAD is not realistic, you asked why and i explained...

i made a very good and simple example why this game is not realistic in many aspects and instead of replying directly on this

you simply did what everybody likes to do on the internet, you took what i wrote and twisted it around, trying to make

my point invalid..

No, what you did was say that the transition animation between a primary and a sidearm is too long, that the devs' choice to leave true first person is unrealistic, and that the devs aren't interactive with the community. I did not twist your words, and I did make your point invalid. I would be very interested to see where I twisted your words given that I responded to direct quotes. If you have further arguments to bring up I would be happy to hear them.

for a better understanding, it does absolutely not matter how long it takes to pull out the damn sidearm,

as long as it takes longer to pull out the sidearm than going from a standing into a lying position and back

you can not say that SQUAD is in any way realistic. this in not an opinion this is a fact.

How does the time it takes to switch from a sidearm have anything to do with the time it takes to lie down? Even so, do you realize and quickly people can lie down? Maybe get out of your chair for a moment and hit the deck as fast as you can. Then imagine yourself doing that while people are shooting at you.

And wow... this is a big claim here. I "can not say that SQUAD is in any way realistic"??? With all due respect WTF?

oh btw subreddit is definitively a way better place to share information on the game than sharing it on the god damn official forums! ;)

all i see here is dev's answering questions very poorly and vaguely.

talking about "interaction" is see  none.

i must admit that there are many silly and even dumb suggestions but there are also a few very good suggestions that would

drastically improve SQUAD as a game and experience, however these sugestions are being completely unnoticed by the dev's.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the devs were only allowed to be interactive on their forums? Who cares?! You cannot say which suggestions they devs won't look into and even possibly implement because you have no idea.

Anyway stop saying that the time used to lay down and get up again is realistic, comeon is ridiculous.
Also naked you can't do that so fast and if you pick up all the combat equipment with weapons, for sure is more slower than that.

Share your magazines to team mates makes sense and I want this in the game. Getting it from death body is not good in my opinion.
put magazines together is way too much for this game. Squad is not a simulator or a super reality fps. so yes in real life you can do all that things but pls keep this game where it is supposed to be, somewhere between Arma and Battlefield and finally it's a game and not a simulator.

And I want to say about the lay down discussion, laying down can be that fast like seen in games, even when equipped. but getting up again is the clue.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, TempestMkV said:

Anyway stop saying that the time used to lay down and get up again is realistic, comeon is ridiculous.
Also naked you can't do that so fast and if you pick up all the combat equipment with weapons, for sure is more slower than that.

that's what i am talking about the whole time! :)

3 hours ago, Jaghammer said:

Share your magazines to team mates makes sense and I want this in the game. Getting it from death body is not good in my opinion.
put magazines together is way too much for this game. Squad is not a simulator or a super reality fps. so yes in real life you can do all that things but pls keep this game where it is supposed to be, somewhere between Arma and Battlefield and finally it's a game and not a simulator.

And I want to say about the lay down discussion, laying down can be that fast like seen in games, even when equipped. but getting up again is the clue.

SQUAD can get pretty slow some times, especially when you are waiting on a certain cap point and you know the enemy is coming.

restacking magazines would be a nice option imho, it's one animation that has to be added which would also not turn the game into a simulator by any means.

there are games where you have like 10 keys only for weapon service, that's what i would consider a simulator! :D

as for prone position, i clearly described as a complete process, lying down and getting up again,

of course you can throw you self to the ground very quickly but getting up is the hard part as you have mentioned before.

Edited by FIXXXER

Just yet I'm imagine about collecting ammo from dead body's will not not happen because they disappear when ppl gave up or respawn. Makes this very hard to do. The other thing is factions has different bullet types and you won't collect ammo from friendly who's gonna get a revive.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

It would be cool if there was a "Search Body" mechanic. Basically, one could take weapons/ammo/gear from fallen enemies, and maybe even have a chance of discovering "intel" which lets the team that finds it know where enemies are coming or what the latest orders were for that fireteam. It should require both hands and some time, so that it's something that is done with proper coverage and after the fighting for the objective is done.

2 hours ago, jballou said:

It would be cool if there was a "Search Body" mechanic. Basically, one could take weapons/ammo/gear from fallen enemies, and maybe even have a chance of discovering "intel" which lets the team that finds it know where enemies are coming or what the latest orders were for that fireteam. It should require both hands and some time, so that it's something that is done with proper coverage and after the fighting for the objective is done.

I would like this, to be able to pick up some ammo if you share ammo types, take their grenades, or switch out with their weapons if you're out of ammo with your main.

Would make people more hesistant to do suicide rushes, if they knew than the enemy could retake the ground tand now have an extra-AT weapon.

Wald

so will you be able to share magazines with teammates or not?

13 hours ago, XB0CT said:

so will you be able to share magazines with teammates or not?

Not

8 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Not

wtf why? 

thats so stupid if we cant share magazines.

2 hours ago, XB0CT said:

wtf why? 

thats so stupid if we cant share magazines.

If they follow ideas from the PR route we'll have someone who carries packs of extra ammunition. I just wonder if it'll be a secondary duty for a rifleman or if ammobearer will be its own thing.