SpecialAgentJohnson

Where are the knifes? Cmon!

Really where are the knifes in this game? We just have to have knifes!!! There is absolutely nothing more pleasing than sneaking up to an enemy and slitting his throat or whatever. There is also nothing more humiliating for a player than to be stabbed in this game! And don't tell me it is an unrealistic weapons loadout for a soldier as I find it hard to believe there is not a single soldier in the field of any conflict that don't have a knife to like cut ropes or stuff with. Furthermore a knife would almost never ever be used because it is so hard to get close to an enemy with all that firepower in the game. Just like in real life. Therefore all the more pleasing! We just got to have knifes! Won't take no for an answer! Please... It also makes for the only silent kill in the game which be useful for scouts lying in the grass etc. Last night I killed like 4 people with my handgun lying in the grass, eventually they found me because of the revealing sound. Would have been so much cooler to pick them off with a knife one by one. Also very confusing for the enemy squad when all their players just silently dies in the grass. So cool!!

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

Yes it could be nice to have a knife. But if you talking about it's realistic... In reality a soldier will not(or really,really rarely) sneak up and knife the enemy like you can see in films. Especially not on a battlefield like it's seen in this game.

Nice to have but not a must in my opinion.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Yes that is true. It will also be very rare in this game because it is so darn difficult! But it won't be unrealistic to do it if you really have the opportunity. Look at the knife-fight in Saving Private Ryan which is judged quite realistic in some senses. ...And even if it were to be unrealistic it brings so much satisfaction to the game that it would be easily motivated to bring it in. For me it is a must.

I want my slasher...

And we used them in Afghanistan....

Anyhow we'd a Thread about this subject/somewhere. 

Corporal Sean Jones, of the 1st Battalion The Princess of Wales’s Regiment, was almost done with his operation in the Helmand province when his patrol came under a coordinated enemy ambush. Jones returned fire and ordered three of his men to fix bayonets.

The four of them rushed across 260ft of open terrain to engage the enemy. With a surge of adrenaline he out ran his element, “I realized I’d left them behind a bit so had to slow down and was engaged again, so I organized my guys who started attacking the enemy firing points,” he said.

Jones pushed back the enemy and then assaulted another position. He was awarded the British Military Cross for his actions in late 2012.

5 hours ago, Jaghammer said:

if you talking about it's realistic... In reality a soldier will not(or really,really rarely) sneak up and knife the enemy like you can see in films. Especially not on a battlefield like it's seen in this game.

Realistically a soldier wont drive a humvee solo in a village filled with Russians, and will swap between gunner and driver seat. Whats your point? 

A knife is more of a tool for a soldier than a weapon.

Introduction of them will lead to the knives only squad element and that sort of antics. Rare yes but annoying.. Go back to BF series.

Edited by CC-Marley

16 minutes ago, CC-Marley said:

A knife is more of a tool for a soldier than a weapon.

Introduction of them will lead to the knives only squad element and that sort of antics. Rare yes but annoying.. Go back to BF series.

Ridiculous remark. Knife-only squad would be decimated in no time because knifes are so ineffective 99.9% of the time. Only that 1 in a 1000 time you use it -like in real life- if you can and it's the best option you will. If knife-only squads were so good in a world of 50 cals they would have kept it in real life too.

Realistically a soldier wont drive a humvee solo in a village filled with Russians, and will swap between gunner and driver seat. Whats your point? 

Don't get me wrong dude. Read the first and my Post again may be you get my point then...
Sry about language barriers English is not my main language and I had learned it by my self.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Look in community made content thread.. :). da28884bd5b5f3fe515891ac1ebeb3a5.jpg

Look two posts above yours :)

I was kinda hoping we would use shovels as melee instead of knives, though I guess that could be hard because LMB/RMB are already used for building.

This is gonna be fun xD

shovel melee first please. 2 hit kill except back of neck/head

Dongggggggg ggggg!

5 hours ago, suds said:

shovel melee first please. 2 hit kill except back of neck/head

Dongggggggg ggggg!

I just want shovels. Digging a barrier and a pesky enemy steps into frame? Are you going to reach for your knife? Nope, you're going to go Spetsnaz on his azz.

I vote yes for a knife. I'd like to see you be able to melee with any of the other weapons as well.

Edited by Zylfrax791

^Yes - I would love to be able to melee with a shovel. It would probably make a good bit of noise, though (I think).

Wald

Dont get me started you dont want to know how many times i got up close to the enemy from behind and thought i would love to knife kill him or a shovel kill but needed to kill him with my primary weapon.

I still remember and love in BF3 the knife take down animation it was so good it made you wanna knife take down everyone all the time.

If there are knives they have to be
1. Completely silent
2. Insta kill - as in dead dead, no revive
3. Hard to execute
Otherwise all the tactical advantage is gone and it's just an fps trope.

Edited by Peerun