Chuc

Announcement: Alpha 9 Features & Changelog

341 posts in this topic
23 hours ago, Scarish said:

OMG, looks like it's official! 

 
This this this week or next week? :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol...they said this week...so,Sunday is a last day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dr.Quick said:

Lol...they said this week...so,Sunday is a last day.

 Lol...they posted "this week" the wrong day. This announcement should be posted on monday, 03-13-17. They failed. ... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this new FOB, implentstion, What will prevent someone from burying the radio under hescos, sand bags, and razor wire?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.3.2017. at 5:01 PM, Tartantyco said:

I hope they add a confirmation message on the "Make Squad Leader" button for v9. It's so easy to make someone you want to kick the squad leader right now...

+1

 

very true...happened to me once :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lol...they said this week...so,Sunday is a last day.


May be 11:59PM gmt-1
:-D

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

it's next week in 1h45min :)

Edited by Dundish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Dundish said:

it's next week in 43min :)

 

Edited by Peerun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure about all the different time zones but over here "this week" is pretty much over now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad its coming finally. I stopped playing after this thread was made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update comming today or tommorow?  :$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 2017/3/12 at 1:55 AM, DonDOOM said:

Any reason the BTR-82A's 2A72 30mm cannon has such a low rate of fire?

At first I thought the person firing it for the last recap / alpha 9 changelog was firing it slowly on purpose, but seeing the same slow ROF on the last video uploaded on twitter makes me wonder.

 

http://www.kbptula.ru/en/productions/small-arms-guns-grenade-launchers/guns-machine-guns/2a72

 

ROF should be 350-400 rds./min.

 

Here are some examples of the ROF a dual-fed 2A72 should have.

 

 

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cb2_1317530247

 

 

Compared to:

 

http://media.joinsquad.com/2017/Mar/V9Features/30mmboom.mp4

 

Someone was complaining about this a lot on Reddit and it seems that the devs gave it a lower ROF simply for balance reasons. This was a pretty big disappointment for me (yes I know I'm nitpicking) because I think you can keep the weapons authentic and balance the game in other ways. I also would have enjoyed the challenge of hunting such a powerful asset but oh well. I'll give v9 a try before thinking about complaining :P

Edited by fatalsushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing they'll increase the rate of fire, once they add something even slower, like tanks. Seeing how APCs were being played like IFVs when they released, I think devs are aware that the 30mm will be played like a tank and that's why the decreased rof, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Peerun said:

I am guessing they'll increase the rate of fire, once they add something even slower, like tanks. Seeing how APCs were being played like IFVs when they released, I think devs are aware that the 30mm will be played like a tank and that's why the decreased rof, imho.

Yep, I'm hoping the rof will be brought up once more vehicles are implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peerun said:

I am guessing they'll increase the rate of fire, once they add something even slower, like tanks. Seeing how APCs were being played like IFVs when they released, I think devs are aware that the 30mm will be played like a tank and that's why the decreased rof, imho.

I support this thesis, since the 30 mm gun will be on the top of the chain food inside Squad. Furthemore it will penetrate any surface, and a gun like this with a high RoF will be a nightmare! When some more heavy assets will be unleashed on the battlefield, and the 82A climb down from the top, i think that his RoF will increased!
Gameplay > realism!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Someone was complaining about this a lot on Reddit and it seems that the devs gave it a lower ROF simply for balance reasons. This was a pretty big disappointment for me (yes I know I'm nitpicking) because I think you can keep the weapons authentic and balance the game in other ways. I also would have enjoyed the challenge of hunting such a powerful asset but oh well. I'll give v9 a try before thinking about complaining :P

 

Pretty disappointing indeed.. Like you said, there are plenty of other ways to balance something like this, it just takes some creativity. The decision to change a weapon's characteristics because of balance reasons so early on in development seems like a rushed and ill considered thing to do. It'll just end up disappointing and confusing people both now and in the long run.

 

Honestly, why even implement the 82A now if according to the devs the only way to balance it out is to have a proper counterpart. It's looking pretty bleak if this turns into a trend... 

 

( I understand the BTR-82A at the moment serves as a counterpart to be able to implement the Stryker. Just the lack of creativity in finding a better way of balancing it is what bothers me. )

 

Let's hope @Peerun and @PR.IT Aragorn89 are right.

 

 

Talking about confusion, regarding the people who took this post literally; a sure way to confuse as much of the community as possible is to post snippets of important news and information to as many different places as possible, but only one at a time, forcing people to scour through reddit, twitter and facebook, instead of posting it all in one central place, like this forum.

 

The criticism is reeeel. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really sure what all the hubbub is about. Until you play it, how will you know what the gameplay is like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DonDOOM said:

 

Pretty disappointing indeed.. Like you said, there are plenty of other ways to balance something like this, it just takes some creativity. The decision to change a weapon's characteristics because of balance reasons so early on in development seems like a rushed and ill considered thing to do. It'll just end up disappointing and confusing people both now and in the long run.

 

Honestly, why even implement the 82A now if according to the devs the only way to balance it out is to have a proper counterpart. It's looking pretty bleak if this turns into a trend... 

 

( I understand the BTR-82A at the moment serves as a counterpart to be able to implement the Stryker. Just the lack of creativity in finding a better way of balancing it is what bothers me. )

 

Let's hope @Peerun and @PR.IT Aragorn89 are right.

 

 

Talking about confusion, regarding the people who took this post literally; a sure way to confuse as much of the community as possible is to post snippets of important news and information to as many different places as possible, but only one at a time, forcing people to scour through reddit, twitter and facebook, instead of posting it all in one central place, like this forum.

 

The criticism is reeeel. :)

4
 

 

The devs have stated over and over that this IS NOT a simulator - gameplay > balance > realism

 

Why on earth would you want a high ROF 30mm chain gun with nothing to properly counter it at the moment? Your decision to jump on here and quickly rush a gripe about a weapon characteristic, BEFORE you've spent enough time to evaluate how much something like this would change the gameplay is short sighted and lacks creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

short sighted and lacks creativity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonDOOM said:

 

Pretty disappointing indeed.. Like you said, there are plenty of other ways to balance something like this, it just takes some creativity. The decision to change a weapon's characteristics because of balance reasons so early on in development seems like a rushed and ill considered thing to do. It'll just end up disappointing and confusing people both now and in the long run.

 

Honestly, why even implement the 82A now if according to the devs the only way to balance it out is to have a proper counterpart. It's looking pretty bleak if this turns into a trend... 

 

( I understand the BTR-82A at the moment serves as a counterpart to be able to implement the Stryker. Just the lack of creativity in finding a better way of balancing it is what bothers me. )

 

Let's hope @Peerun and @PR.IT Aragorn89 are right.

 

 

Talking about confusion, regarding the people who took this post literally; a sure way to confuse as much of the community as possible is to post snippets of important news and information to as many different places as possible, but only one at a time, forcing people to scour through reddit, twitter and facebook, instead of posting it all in one central place, like this forum.

 

The criticism is reeeel. :)

You can keep up to date just by looking at Reddit. This forum isn't really a central place even though it's official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Soulzz said:

I'm not really sure what all the hubbub is about. Until you play it, how will you know what the gameplay is like?

Currently the discussion focused on two very important points:

 

1- More Cowbell

 

2- We are trying to find a solution regarding the pollution of aquifers in the hinterland and how this leads to a depletion of the fish fauna, especially the Beluga sturgeon (Huso huso)

 

Joke apart, I think we can try this solution and then propose an alternative.

Example, instead of 2A72 we can ask for 2A42 (two different fire rate, low 200/300 and high 500) and then put an ammo limit for cannon, maybe ~ 300 rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I think that devs (and some other people) have there some fun. Because people are dramatically discuss about something what they did not touch. Its Like ... talking about differences of s*xual positions but be a virgin :D 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now