Chuc

Announcement: Alpha 9 Features & Changelog

341 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

In an ideal world, yes. But that's not where the playerbase is right now.

The player base isn't there because the game mechanics don't incentivize it. As long as squads can rely on Rally Points, as long as FOBs are basically endless spawn points, as long as logistics is not fundamentally integral to success, you're not going to have SLs valuing strong FOB networks, you're not going to have dedicated and relevant transport/logistics squads.

They should really just pull the rug away from under people so there's not this monthly drip feed of changing game mechanics that causes a lot of misinformation about the game.

1 hour ago, L0cation said:

B.... But what about IEDs ?? ): 

Or land mines ? 

I'm just guessing here mate. Most likely when the new animation system is done,V10?. 

Did the animation changes not make it in?

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

the whole team doesn't have to walk from main base every ten minutes or so because the fobs went down and the rally requirements are too strict. 

We are getting tons of new transport vehicles this patch as well, all it would take is 1 or 2 of those per team dedicated to transport and you wouldnt ever have to walk. Sadly though it still dosent look like APC squads will be possible (yet hopefully).

Posted (edited)

Good job! But I thought animation system should have been in A9 ???? ....

Edited by Royal8800

No one ever said animation will be in v9 ,so please read guys next time.

Transport truck for 18 players...... Its 2 squads. what we rarely see now is SL to SL call for pickup or transport if sombody have transport truck or BTR. Now its more important that squad somewhere call for pick up. Atm players more team play on Squad level but now Squad to Squad teamplaying is going to be more important. 

Also small arm guns penetration thats someting big. 

Animation has been pencilled in for v10 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good update...I hope that new animation system will be included in this update.

Posted (edited)

Nice update.

The updated FOB system is a nice start, however I agree with what has been said above about how it's really time to remove all the dumb'ed down gameplay mechanics and finally start heading in a more realistic, meta focused, 'hardcore' (PR) kind of direction. And as also already mentioned above, in my opinion it'd be best to overhaul those mechanics (where possible) in one big update, instead of trickling it down through multiple updates.

Where are mah dedicated Crewman kits / roles. Where are mah driver / gunner restrictions. Where is mah proper RP system.

Since vehicles are starting to become more of a vocal point now it'd be nice to see them be more useful to the troops around them. Make it possible to request certain kits from certain vehicles (APCs / IFVs). Make unarmed supply variants of certain vehicles with less supply capacity than logi trucks ( MT-LB / BRDM f.ex.). Make it possible for certain vehicles to drop supply / ammo crates, or otherwise re-arm from said vehicle.

All in due time, I hope.  ^_^

PS: 

The crew survivability will also be more apparent when we also work on localized damage for future versions.

It always makes me happy when I see work on localized vehicle damage being mentioned. 

Also, environment penetration for small arms. <3

Edited by DonDOOM

4 minutes ago, Dr.Quick said:

Good update...I hope that new animation system will be included in this update.

Don't. You'll get your dreams crushed.

Looking to be a big content update, nice work.

The animation is for V10 guys, maybe in june or july.

Looking awesome. Keep up the splendid work Developers.

Posted (edited)

also I noticed BTR-82A spawn time 40 minutes. Thats someting. Looks like very value vehicle and lost this is for shame and blame for weeks :D   Same Stryke 35 minutes. If people will waste those vehicles their team will lost. 

sorry boys mistake....Its ticket :D 40 tickets :D and 10 minutes jesus ... but respawn time would be may be better :D

Edited by elerik
I should eat more carrots

OMG the sound of that 30mm is so meaty! I cant even imagine what the 105mm tank shells are going to sound like 

Great update guys, looking forward to the FOB mechanism changing. Then the hype for v10 with the animation update will begin!!!

Mav B|

Posted (edited)

The long awaited overhaul of FOB system (hope its not a final version, because theres much more potential in it)! Awesome! 

I hope that this new system might remove the faster paced placed spawn points. We are looking forward to some rally point changes as well.

The vehicles are awesome, love all of them!

Edited by Rainmaker

'' With the highly anticipated mines and IEDs right around the corner '' around the corner means V9?

38 minutes ago, Marijuanoz said:

'' With the highly anticipated mines and IEDs right around the corner '' around the corner means V9?

Probably not, otherwise they would mention it in the changelog. No need for speculation, its all in there (or not). No animation, no mines but N-wheeled system.

As I was reading this I was mostly thinking "eh pretty cool" as the number 1 thing I wan't is freelook. And then I see that auto-walk was added and I was literally saying "****ing yes yes yes!". I guess I just like the little things that let me play a bit more efficiently. I really hope freelook is added next update.