Chuc

Announcement: Alpha 9 Features & Changelog

341 posts in this topic

Awesome! This will add some much needed variety in the game. I can't wait to try the updated maps too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All new vehis look awesome and also the auto movement is great, but i'm still interested in more news regarding the free view and wall climbing when and if there will be any compatibility with IRTrack hardware and what's the progress on it. Talking about the Mynsk, I think there will be a lot of youtube fun stories to be unleashed from the Squad Troll Armies from Hell. Watch out  bush campers!! :)) All 'n' all this game is becoming more interesting from a month to another. God speed Devs!! Bring us more good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new FoB mechanics and the expansion of the maps are the really cool stuff for me! Finally FoB's will be a core instrument for every one. No more "Let's hide in the bush and walk away!".

Great work guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm incredibly excited about this update - particularly in seeing how the new HABs and logistic mechanics will change the way we strategise.

 

Of course, the vehicles themselves are great. Weirdly, it's the BDRM I'm most looking forward to - I like scout cars.

 

Incidentally, I love this music. Is this part of Vol.2 of the Squad OST?

Edited by Tartanclad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful job! Can't wait to see how the game changes and people have to adapt, again. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Finger lickin' good...

 

Yes,yes we've motorbikes....I wanna ride around with my homie sneakup to Armour vehicles & throw some StickyBombs (pls make it so).

 

And Map's are becoming mahusive. 

 

scoreboard1.jpg<This gonna keep some folks happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell me you can see your deaths on the scoreboard. Knowing how many tickets you have wasted is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any explanation on what the symbols on the score chart mean? Looks like we are going to see our revives, but I am not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I am happy about the FOB changes. I am disappointed that there were no changes to the rally points. A very good point was brought up in reddit about them with the new FOB changes.

 

With this update, FOBs will be used less because of the rally points which can be placed though with only 9 spawns they can stay permanently and be placed back up very easily. 

 

A 90 second despawn timer should have been added for rally points after getting deployed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chuc said:

While we all eagerly await the arrival of two highly anticipated systems; the Animation System update and Inventory/Weapon system overhaul, we hope that you enjoy this content focused patch.

 

^ Was really looking forward to animation changes the most, as it will have a significant impact on the fluidity of the game. However, the amount of work that has gone into this update overall is very noteworthy and appreciated! Its important to get the animation system right - I think we can all be patient for quality over quantity!

 

Thanks for all the hard work - Great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thenis said:

Though I am happy about the FOB changes. I am disappointed that there were no changes to the rally points. A very good point was brought up in reddit about them with the new FOB changes.

 

With this update, FOBs will be used less because of the rally points which can be placed though with only 9 spawns they can stay permanently and be placed back up very easily. 

 

A 90 second despawn timer should have been added for rally points after getting deployed.

 

Agreed. FOB's have been nerfed continuously in every patch for a while now (which is good!) but rallies have stayed the same. A good SL can keep a rally up almost 100% of the time through a round, which means you hardly need anything else.

Edited by Gorzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emppu said:

How will american infantry combat new enemy vehicles? 

could americans get SMAW or something else what could 1 hit kill enemy new vehicles?

And how about mortars, the rocket artillery vehicles is so hard to use that ive never seen it used ingame, i hope that mortars will come asap to the game.

 

WHEN ARE WE ABLE TO PLAY THIS NEW VERSION?

All vehicles in this patch can be killed by the law. They might have big canons but armor is pretty thin for all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

Agreed. FOB's have been nerfed continuously in every patch for a while now (which is good!) but rallies have stayed the same. A good SL can keep a rally up almost 100% of the time through a round, which means you hardly need anything else.

 

I think that perhaps, the line of thinking is as such:

 

The playerbase has become so accustomed to "easy" spawns throughout the map that switching over to the full-fledged logistics based FOB system will be quite a shock for most SLs. The rallies are not so "team-dependent" and thus while the players get used to the new FOB mechanics, they still have the trusty rally points so that the whole team doesn't have to walk from main base every ten minutes or so because the fobs went down and the rally requirements are too strict. 

 

I personally believe that closer to the beta/full release, rally points will become a little less forgiving, but that is entirely conjecture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

they still have the trusty rally points so that the whole team doesn't have to walk from main base every ten minutes or so because the fobs went down and the rally requirements are too strict. 

Thats why we have transport vehicles for things like these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thenis said:

Thats why we have transport vehicles for things like these

 

In an ideal world, yes. But that's not where the playerbase is right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, than that's were we have to get the playerbase. Adapt,or run. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psyrus said:

 

In an ideal world, yes. But that's not where the playerbase is right now.

The playerbase should get accustomed to these things though. Because thats where Squad is heading

Edited by Thenis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tillee said:

Well, than that's were we have to get the playerbase. Adapt,or run. ;)

 

3 minutes ago, Thenis said:

The playerbase should get accustomed to these things though. Because thats where Squad is heading

 

Right... with incremental changes. You're basically saying just what I did in my first post in a more direct way. If you drop a huge change on the player base and it guts the playability because most novice players can't adapt, it makes the gameplay suffer and the servers will see large decreases in average daily players. Better to slowly wean the community off the "spawn - run - die" mentality than just do a 180 and hope for the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

 

 

Right... with incremental changes. You're basically saying just what I did in my first post in a more direct way. If you drop a huge change on the player base and it guts the playability because most novice players can't adapt, it makes the gameplay suffer and the servers will see large decreases in average daily players. Better to slowly wean the community off the "spawn - run - die" mentality than just do a 180 and hope for the best. 

Adding a despawn timer on the rally points will just make players more cautious. You are making a simple change sound like a huge deal by saying it will drop the playerbase. Rally points will still be viable but they wont be spammy.

Edited by Thenis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now