Chuc

Announcement: Alpha 9 Features & Changelog

341 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bauer24x said:

Is the V9 Test still going on or did it happen to be stable and flawless and it will now be released Saturday evening? if V9 test is still going on how do i get in?

There are a lot of crashes still but overall it's a huge improvement in many ways. I was very impressed. Once they get rid of the crashes it'll be great.

Edited by fatalsushi

15 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

There are a lot of crashes still but overall it's a huge improvement in many ways. I was very impressed. Once they get rid of the crashes it'll be great.

AND the stuttering many people had as well. This version will not be released this week and if it is it will be unstable which would cause more problems than upsetting all the whiners that cry about release times.

2 minutes ago, Exodus19 said:

AND the stuttering many people had as well. This version will not be released this week and if it is it will be unstable which would cause more problems than upsetting all the whiners that cry about release times.

True but it has been five months. *crosses fingers* Please don't turn into dayz 

i am a bit confused, is A9 now finally released or are you people referring to the A9 test version people were talking about earlier in this thread?

just curious as this week is slowly but surely coming to an end also...

1 hour ago, Exodus19 said:

Luckily the most recent set of patches to the test branch appeared to have removed a majority of the stuttering. Just had 5-6 games back to back without any stuttering, crashing, or performance issues.

1 hour ago, Dr.Stone said:

True but it has been five months. *crosses fingers* Please don't turn into dayz 

Drama queens everywhere.

Please allow BigD to have an aussie public test server.  Testing on the current test servers is annoying with 300+ ping.

6 hours ago, Exodus19 said:

A patch for the v9 test branch seemed to fix everything for me, including stuttering and crashes. I'm surprised they fixed those issues so quickly tbh because they were major, game-breaking issues.

Edited by fatalsushi

59 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

A patch for the v9 test branch seemed to fix everything for me, including stuttering and crashes. I'm surprised they fixed those issues so quickly tbh because they were major, game-breaking issues.

Because the build came with crash reporting built in. The logs in the report would tell them absolutely everything they need to know in order to fix it.

Usually they just get a whole boatload of people on the forums reporting very vague or obscure crash scenarios that are rarely even exclusively responsible for the crash! With the logs it actually gives them the specific error, and quite a lot of information on what was happening leading up to it as well, if people submitted their crash logs manually more often there'd be a lot less bugs, but people spend more time complaining than it would take to contribute to a solution.

But I understand that not everyone knows where to find their crash logs, and even fewer where to submit them.

I like v9.  It's easily doubled the fun.  My friends who won't play are obstinate and I have no problem telling them such.

Edited by CageMatchKimsey

4 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Because the build came with crash reporting built in. The logs in the report would tell them absolutely everything they need to know in order to fix it.

Usually they just get a whole boatload of people on the forums reporting very vague or obscure crash scenarios that are rarely even exclusively responsible for the crash! With the logs it actually gives them the specific error, and quite a lot of information on what was happening leading up to it as well, if people submitted their crash logs manually more often there'd be a lot less bugs, but people spend more time complaining than it would take to contribute to a solution.

But I understand that not everyone knows where to find their crash logs, and even fewer where to submit them.

Good for them for implementing this feature.

Quite an FPS drop for me, at 3440x1440 I've gone from 80-100 average at Sumari with max players to 50-60fps with only 30 players?!

Also my Firing Range FPS is usually 150+ but now it's 80 average.

This doesn't bode well for maps with vehicles and lots of action :-(

Just when I thought I had my PC beasting Squad! lol

Just joined Gorodok with only 38 players and my FPS is hovering around 40 :-(

Also FPS is very erratic now, it's usually fluctuating by about 10-20 but now it's spiking between 30.

Even with G-Sync 40fps is almost unplayable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think turning texture streaming off might have helped, I'll keep testing.

It's actually dipping to 30fps at Gorodok with 20 players :-( It's a nice map but it's completely unplayable for me at 30-40fps average.