Chuc

Announcement: Alpha 9 Features & Changelog

341 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, kirusha_love said:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config

Nope, not anymore. At least not in the test ver. 9.0

Edited by Scarish

Having the same issues I had before with the lag getting worse as the game goes on. I knew that would probably happen :(

1 hour ago, Scarish said:

You do realise Apache' M230 AWS is using 30x113 HEDP ammunition? Which is completely different story in comparison to 30x165.

Like I said. Is it because diffrent kind of ammunition? And, apparently yes. But I'm still a sceptic. :):P

Mostly because it doesnt say anything to me. But I'll try to take your word for it.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Scarish said:

Nope, not anymore. At least not in the test ver. 9.0

AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

It is "GameUserSettings" now

Edited by kirusha_love

I'm so glad we finally have a fairly reliable means of dealing with the CROWs. People who switch to US or mainly play US are gonna cry so hard about how they're "disadvantaged" for weeks lol.

18 minutes ago, Arduras said:

I'm so glad we finally have a fairly reliable means of dealing with the CROWs. People who switch to US or mainly play US are gonna cry so hard about how they're "disadvantaged" for weeks lol.

Good.

BTW, anyone noticed that some of the militiamen textures are messed up. I cannot comprehend how, but i saw some green-white splashes, like someone would just pour paint on it. BTW2, i think that they are still too dark. BTW3, i would like the OP first light to have more goodies on the militia side (vehicle-wise) BTW4, yes i am militia fan. BTW5, cheeki breeki.

I entered the password and it got verified but steam doesn't seem to be downloading. Anyone else have this problem?

27 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

I entered the password and it got verified but steam doesn't seem to be downloading. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes I had this, make sure beta testing is enabled in the same beta page as you enter the code.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

Yes I had this, make sure beta testing is enabled in the same beta page as you enter the code.

Thanks, I got it to work. Just playing around on the firing range and I must the new sounds...just amazing. The sound of the BRDM engine is perhaps the best sound effect I've heard in a game. So frickin immersive. Also love the .50 sound when you're firing from within a vehicle. Anders you are a GOD!

Also, the vehicle handling is SOOOO much better. Thank you programmers!

Edited by fatalsushi

Yeah I just played a round. Good fun. A couple small bugs here and there but other than that, smooth sailing!

16 hours ago, MrNiggol said:

Ok. Well, I dunno. But there has to be some facts out there. But, I'm still not convinced. :P:)

10 hours ago, Scarish said:

You do realise Apache' M230 AWS is using 30x113 HEDP ammunition? Which is completely different story in comparison to 30x165.

only for clearance on bullet dimensions

XiU44zl.jpg

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, eagon89 said:

only for clearance on bullet dimensions

XiU44zl.jpg

Well that makes everything a bit clearer. Thx man.

On other things: Cant really play the test version because of constant crashes.

PS: Sent all crash reports with descriptions. But get crashes at the firing range and on servers.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-6800K 3.40Ghz (OC 3.8Ghz).

GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce 1080 8GB

RAM: DDR4 16GB 2400

Motherboard: MSI x99 Gaming 7

Edited by MrNiggol

patch comes sunday??

39 minutes ago, desen said:

patch comes sunday??

If I understand the situation, the patch could be delayed if they meet some kind of problem:

Anyone getting disconnected constantly (like every five minutes) in the v9 test?

Posted (edited)

Tons of people had issues with the game stuttering including myself. It made it unplayable after 15-30 minutes into a match. It would start out smooth sailing but when the fighting started it would start to stutter. Weird part is most of us weren't getting lower fps but the game would stutter 2-3 times a seconds like we were getting 7-10 fps. Most of us reported it so who knows but everyone wasn't experiencing it though. It reminded me of when squad was laggy but much worse.

Edited by Exodus19

2 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Anyone getting disconnected constantly (like every five minutes) in the v9 test?

Yup. Game crash. Even on the firing range.

Great update, but please, we need realistic sound for weapons.. :'(

40 minutes ago, Emilou said:

? what ? The sounds are great....

47 minutes ago, Emilou said:

No we dont

I cannot find the .ini files anymore.

I don't have the the config file (apparently should be at  \steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config ). after the second "squad"-file i have only 2 files (content and binaries) i have clicked the "show hidden files"

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Maamyyra said:

I cannot find the .ini files anymore.

I don't have the the config file (apparently should be at  \steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config ). after the second "squad"-file i have only 2 files (content and binaries) i have clicked the "show hidden files"

in that config folder go into the "DefaultEngine" that is where you can make adjustments

*Sorry you are not able to see the config folder at all or you do and nothing is there ? Try a verify cache to replace any missing files, then perhaps you may be able to access the files in config folder.

Edited by sylca024

Is the V9 Test still going on or did it happen to be stable and flawless and it will now be released Saturday evening? if V9 test is still going on how do i get in?

4 minutes ago, Bauer24x said:

Is the V9 Test still going on or did it happen to be stable and flawless and it will now be released Saturday evening? if V9 test is still going on how do i get in?

Look at Announcements on Discord, there is a guide.