Chuc

Announcement: Alpha 9 Features & Changelog

341 posts in this topic

Yay! Playtest! I'll be happy even just messing around in the firing range.

On 3/14/2017 at 4:07 PM, FIXXXER said:

jeeeeesus, this has nothing to do with "doing" better.

if they announced that V9 will be coming soon, the next week, or whenever it's ready i would be absolutely OK with this,

absolutely no problem but saying it's coming this week and then not releasing it, is simply a poor move.

You're aware that it's only Wednesday, and that the week isn't even half over yet?

You're aware that it's only Wednesday, and that the week isn't even half over yet?

He is referring to them releasing the "this week" announcement last week by mistake. So he's correct in that sense, but obviously not correct in thinking the devs owed him a release before Monday just because their social media guy screwed up and posted it too early.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:19 PM, spookyAUS said:

If you and your ego can do better please go ahead and start to develop a title.

Heh, that made me chuckle. Once upon a time that might have had some real meaning, but now you can just download the SQUAD SDK and create a "new" standalone title using the framework of SQUAD...as long as you're willing to provide OWI a cut of the profits. No longer does anyone have a start from scratch, just mod SQUAD into a new game and reap the profits.

Just imagine modding groups creating new games in different time periods, a new Battlefield-like game that would actually support community created content or even a zombie game.  The potential profits and diversity OWI could bask in from a game that's still in an alpha stage...that's smart business sense right there.

4 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Unless the test tomorrow goes flawlessly, V9 is not releasing this week. 

17 minutes ago, Flat896 said:

Unless the test tomorrow goes flawlessly, V9 is not releasing this week. 

That's a decent point, was thinking the same (unless the devs are planning some weekend work :P)

Posted (edited)

On 2017-03-04 at 3:40 AM, Chuc said:

30mm AP projectiles are similarly able to penetrate the environment, and are particularly good at it. Beware, this is the first damage type able to penetrate the afghan tightly packed mud walls material.

The 30mm wont penetrate walls IRL. Look at 09:30 in the clip.

So if the game is going for realism this new thing is wrong...

Like Ross Kemp says, it goes through armour but not mud walls. I know most AT/AP rounds just penetrates the armour and then the crew gets killed by pressure difference and fragmentation from the vehicle it self.

I'm just askin the question. Diffrent type of ammunition or do I acctually got something here?

Have a nice day, GLHF.

Edited by MrNiggol
More info.

Posted (edited)

hello

Tired of seeing what you are going to do or what you want to do !! A bit of serious about the update. Stop your ads as you get them out every week and every me !! You can not even has to regulate the precision in the games also the performances and everything.

bad gameplay.

Urban maps I'd like to stop there. Soon v9 and there is no urban map. It's a joke.

Sorry to say that and thank u devs.

sorry for my language

Edited by O_o_klyk_o_O

31 minutes ago, MrNiggol said:

-snip-

Indeed.

Even Hellfire had a tough job...

Posted (edited)

HE round wont penetrate, but AP round penetrate. In game we would have only AP rounds.

Edited by FReeDoM_FiGHTeR

26 minutes ago, FReeDoM_FiGHTeR said:

HE round wont penetrate, but AP round penetrate. In game we would have only AP rounds.

Ok. Well, I dunno. But there has to be some facts out there. But, I'm still not convinced. :P:)

So I downloaded the closed beta and everything is in the firing range. I'm having a blast right now xD

18 minutes ago, Exodus19 said:

So I downloaded the closed beta and everything is in the firing range. I'm having a blast right now xD

How to DL?

3 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

f48a4e7bf23ca22854243ff9422fb64c.png

Follow these directions.

4 minutes ago, Exodus19 said:

Follow these directions.

I did that, now what? Where to DL?

16 minutes ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

I did that, now what? Where to DL?

Steam downloads it, just look at your downloads, now wait for a server to come online. Im waiting ......

4 minutes ago, Abu Mozzarella said:

Steam downloads it, just look at your downloads, now wait for a server to come online. Im waiting ......

Thank you! lol I messed up when inputting code.

52 minutes ago, Thenis said:

There is a stream that showcases all the new features and there are a few devs doing a q&a

https://www.twitch.tv/fravashi

I thought there was a media ban on V9?

Oh ok... Steam discussion is the last place i'd look.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, MrNiggol said:

You do realise Apache' M230 AWS is using 30x113 HEDP ammunition? Which is completely different story in comparison to 30x165.

BTW, does anyone know where is the H DefaultEngine.ini now?! I'm experiencing significant FPS drop but can't fix it as i used to do in the past with those Magic Tweaks added to the mentioned file.

Edited by Scarish

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Scarish said:

You do realise Apache' M230 AWS is using 30x113 HEDP ammunition? Which is completely different story in comparison to 30x165.

BTW, does anyone know where is the H DefaultEngine.ini now?! I'm experiencing significant FPS drop but can't fix it as i used to do in the past with those Magic Tweaks added to the mentioned file.

\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config

Edited by kirusha_love