Sign in to follow this  
drfree123

Update dates ?

9 minutes ago, drfree123 said:

can i see coming update times ? 

sorry for bad english :(

Soon (tm)

4 minutes ago, Sorta said:

Setting dates and sticking to them is a bit too much for these devs.

I too would like a typical early access release where everything is broken as hell, unpolished, and causes even more issues than it would have if released properly. 

1 minute ago, Catindabox said:

I too would like a typical early access release where everything is broken as hell, unpolished, and causes even more issues than it would have if released properly. 

2 years and still in alpha does seem like a typical EA/kickstarter experience. I don't think setting dates and deadlines would be too difficult for devs, especially since v9 seems to be so close to "conpletion".

I understand this they want to make it as polished as they can but this is an alpha, we expect it to be buggy not everything has to be perfect, alpha is suppose to be primarily content and beta should be for polishing 

23 hours ago, Sorta said:

2 years and still in alpha does seem like a typical EA/kickstarter experience. I don't think setting dates and deadlines would be too difficult for devs, especially since v9 seems to be so close to "conpletion".

Alpha is just a term. Does it play like an alpha? Of course not ;)

On 3/3/2017 at 3:18 PM, Sorta said:

For the cynical ones: You can look at it this way, Alpha is a term used to make "you" feel special... Sorta like when your girlfriend says she's a virgin and you think your her first. 

On 2017/3/4 at 9:11 AM, winterfell said:

I understand this they want to make it as polished as they can but this is an alpha, we expect it to be buggy not everything has to be perfect, alpha is suppose to be primarily content and beta should be for polishing 

Except that if they release a buggy version, the community will bitch like crazy and negative steam reviews will also follow. It's happened in the past.

Edited by fatalsushi

At this point the game is functional, fun and runs reasonably well so there's no reason for them to rush out an update.

They learned their lesson about making promises, missing deadlines and pushing things out too fast when they launched vehicles many months late after people rightly complained and it made the game legitimately unplayable for a couple months because they cut the performance in half. 

We do not want a repeat of that fiasco. They'll launch it when it's good and ready.

The sense of entitlement and lack of knowledge about software development is strong in this thread.