VynalDerp

Adjust view distance?

Yes, I know this has been asked before, but all the results were very outdated. (Could have messed up searching, though. Not an avid forum user.)

I have a quick, simple question. Is it possible to adjust view distance? Right now, the game eats cpu because of the unlimited view (even when not necessary, so I'm stuck on literally unplayable graphics and fps. I meet the min requirements, and almost reach some of the recommended.

If this isn't a feature, are there any plans for it in the future?

Edited by VynalDerp

100pl server and unlimited view are the 2 major goals for the game. There will be a cap so people won't be able to adjust as to not exploit. As for now if the In game settings don't work search for performance inprovments and see if those possibilities help out. 

On 3/3/2017 at 3:06 AM, grimshadow said:

100pl server and unlimited view are the 2 major goals for the game. There will be a cap so people won't be able to adjust as to not exploit. As for now if the In game settings don't work search for performance inprovments and see if those possibilities help out. 

Well, I get that it's the game's goal. I don't understand why there isn't the option for some people with beefy computers can keep it like that, and other people can willingly disadvantage themselves for an actually playable game experience.

My in-game settings are with everything as low as possible or off, resolution scale 80%, and windowed game, with CPU dedicated to the game rather high. It's pretty ridiculous.

I will search for performance improvements, but I just wish I could solve the actual problem instead of finding some hidden forum solution that may/may not work and could (if I mess up installation which is very common of me to do) end up destroying my game.

For me, it helps to turn Resolution from 1920x1080(?) to 1600x900 on bigger maps like fools road etc. On Sumari f.e. i can Play it with 40-50fps on 1920x1080. Resolution scale 100%.

It gives a good fps - Advantage to turn Resolution a bit lower. Note: It does not really matter the fps if i turn lower than 1600x900. The biggest difference is from 1920x1080 to 1600x900, like 15 fps.