This is collected feedback and our opinion of what is needed (most fitting) to be added or revamped in Squad, to make it into a more polished product and to create a more tactical environment which supports and gives more importance to kits within the squad, and also because of that has a higher emphasis on teamplay. Basically the goal is to create "tactical" environment with gameplay mechanics, not just communication.

Currently the game suffers from easy shooting mechanics (lazer shots ie. pinpoint accuracy for miles with ironsights) and fast paced ground traversal with infantry. This effectively is counter intuitive to tactical environment goal, because these arcadey gameplay mechanics do not support its teamplay environment.

Keeping in mind that some of the features or animations might come with future update, I will still list those as this is aimed to be an open conversation, and also our long term concerns already, since we are playing Squad from beginning (before steam and after steam release).

To make Squad more polished and finished product (listed in order from more to less important):

1.) Weapon collision animation.

2.) Weapon low ready position.
3.) Working bipods.

4.) Body position stances (CTRL + Mouse Wheel) example: https://youtu.be/ggvqnQAB6Fw?t=7m51s (Even if new animations fix the shooting over walls and windows, body stances should still be introduced. As they are needed when not close to an object sometimes and also they are becoming a standard in todays tactical shooters)

5.) When leaning to the sides character weapon should stay parallel with vertical axis, instead of 45 degree weapon lean like it is now. 

6.) Ability to lean weapons on objects for better stabilisation (or so called weapon resting feature)

7.) Fireteam functions. Ability to mark teammates with colours, or something intuitive along that line.

8.) Make text chat smaller and in the corner of the screen, currently its obstructing the view, and in that regard its annoying. Maybe even an option to disable the chat altogether would be perfect for people who do not to watch at wall of text every second. Another solution is: make a small white message envelope icon and put it in the top left corner of the screen, when somebody types something in the chat, bellow envelope a number should appear. If there was 2 messages sent in text, bellow message envelope should be number 2 representing those 2 unread text messages. To view them press TAB, to close text press TAB again = solution.

***First three are absolutely critical. Currently the game looks very silly while everybody is aiming downrange all the time, every time a friendly looks at you he is aiming at your head like you are his hostage.

To allow for more teamplay "tactical" enviroment in squad by improving gameplay mechanics:

1.) Make it so we are unable to sprint in water.

2.) Make it so we are unable to climb almost 80 degree steep hill. This will allow for more tactical environment instead of arcade fast paced, don't-need-to-think where and how to move, because we can move anywhere fast (currently very arcadey).

3.) Make bleeding more severe. If shot to the leg or chest or arm, make us unable to sprint like we are in the middle of the olympic competition or unable to aim properly if shot in the arm etc. 

4.) Make FOBs more important. Attach them to the Flag Cap system. That FOB placed within the flag radius (not capture cadius!) will serve as a firebase ie. secondary flag/cap within a flag. In order to fully capture a flag you would need to capture that Firebase. Make FOBs buildable only if logistical lruck drops supplies on the ground. Also ability to move those supplies with infantry carrying it.

5.) Ability to share ammo between teammates. Rifleman class ability to take extra ammo (ammo bearer) for teammates and for LMG/HMG gunner.  

6.) Being able to pick up weapons and ammo from your fallen teammates.

7.) Do an overhaul of bullet ballistics, make it possible for us to adjust the distance on ironsights and future scopes, grenade launcher sights. (This feature will make squad look more a finished and polished product aswell)

8.) Dragging wounded teammates (Confirmed, but still is on our list and is worth mentioning... ;) )

9.) Ability to switch to secondary weapon quicker, even during mid-load/reload animation or during any other animation.

10.) Introduce the (unnecessary) missing melee ability.

11.) Make HMG and SPG emplacement more user friendly. Example, if the 50 cal has already been loaded and cocked, there is no need for cocking animation if you get on the gun 2nd or 3rd time etc. 

12.) Make it possible for the gunner to rotate/move the gun while reloading it. Make 50 cal and Kord HMGs have more wider arc of fire.

13.) Make HMGs more deadly and feared for approaching it frontally. Just a tad little more zoom and more cover for the gunner aswell would help that. Because now, most often the gunner is a sitting duck, with either no cover or insufficent arc of fire.

14.) Make a paperwire into a razorwire. Make sure we can build razorwire right next to each other like we could in the earlier version, so the enemy can't just walk inbetween 2 razorwire emplacements because there is a gap inbetween.

15.) Engineer class. Equiped with razorwire cutters and equipment for mining and demining AT and AP mines.

16.) Make vehicles have areas on them where they are weak. Armor penetrations, ability to track future tracked vehicles. Penetration system, armour and angle values.

17.) Healing/reviving inside of vehicles & ability to drag and put wounded teammates inside vehicles.

18.) HMG kit with M240 bravo for US side, and equivalent of kit for Russian, Militia and Insurgents side.

19.) Being able to tow stucked vehicles with a truck or armored car.

Features that will make Squad more user friendly:

1.) Option to lock a squad.

2.) Little HUD sign when rally point is ready to be deployed again (Similiar to PR "Rally point armed and ready to deploy"). This sign should be as small as possible, to keep the screen clean.

3.) Mute a players microphone function.

Bugs that require fixing ASAP:

1.) Being able to stay underwater indefinitely.

2.) Wheeled vehicles doing flips in the air.

Things that now seems to be canceled but were in Kickstarter:

1.) Jets - not only would it bring the game value and standard up, it is crucial for true 50v50 combined arms warfare
2.) Snipers (would be possible and would fit ingame with revamped ballistics)

Last thing is FREELOOK with full TrackIR support. Very useful for pilots, tankers and drivers. Also for infantry, just one scenario, you find yourself prone in the grass, enemy all around you, you do not want to move your whole body to look around because you would easily be spotted, instead just move your head around. This is crucial. By the way awesome job we cannot praise you enough for this:  

The positive feedback can clearly be seen on this video ;). And also in this thread: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/3412-free-look-trackir-support/

We have compiled this feedback together from almost everyday playing Squad, we didn't come up with all this yesterday. Please keep it civil in your responses, our goal is not to sound overly aggressive in this post, but at the same time we wanted to explain every feature and why it supports another feature or gameplay mechanic. Feel free to post more suggestions. We will/might add more suggestions to this post in the very near future.

And in the end, we hope somebody from the Developer team will take time and read this, in detail, and hopefully consider it. 

~S~
Yellow Ants unit

Edited by Rainmaker

4 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Things that now seems to be canceled but were in Kickstarter

Oh, man. I did not know they canceled aircraft. That would be a waste of potential 

I didn't think they cancelled aircraft, I think that's just a long way down the road. But I do like the vast majority of these suggestions.

50 minutes ago, Engagedrook8 said:

I didn't think they cancelled aircraft, I think that's just a long way down the road. But I do like the vast majority of these suggestions.

Jets or in military terms, fixed winged aircraft are a near no, or a no overall. Based on Dev feedback over the past year.

One the reasons I remember being, jets will cover maps too fast, I'm not talking in 30 seconds, but in 5  seconds, especially on some maps that have really thin points. Chora for example, with its width varying from 800m - 1000m. Even with maps reaching 4kmx4km in size, will be a problem. Would make air craft maneuvering near impossible.

Only solutions to this would be 
- slowing jets speed down away from its speed in reality.
or
- Adding a dead zone to maps, similar to battlefield, where you can go outside the boundaries of the map for a specific amount of time. But then with that comes cheese tactics using map boundaries.

8 hours ago, Dubs said:

Jets or in military terms, fixed winged aircraft are a near no, or a no overall. Based on Dev feedback over the past year.

One the reasons I remember being, jets will cover maps too fast, I'm not talking in 30 seconds, but in 5  seconds, especially on some maps that have really thin points. Chora for example, with its width varying from 800m - 1000m. Even with maps reaching 4kmx4km in size, will be a problem. Would make air craft maneuvering near impossible.

or
- Adding a dead zone to maps, similar to battlefield, where you can go outside the boundaries of the map for a specific amount of time. But then with that comes cheese tactics using map boundaries.

Yeah optimally you would have both, dead zones and slowing jets down, it's not perfect, but it works good enough in pr, and with squads unlimited view distance ( well for now anyway) aircraft could be really awesome. Also some of squads maps wouldn't work for aircraft just because they are too small, like you mentioned chora.

Edited by Engagedrook8

9 hours ago, Dubs said:

or

But helicopters are still a very possible feature in the long run?

44 minutes ago, DevilLime said:

But helicopters are still a very possible feature in the long run?

They are still planned but will take a bit of time. (No official time frame yet I think)

20 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

Yeah optimally you would have both, dead zones and slowing jets down, it's not perfect, but it works good enough in pr, and with squads unlimited view distance ( well for now anyway) aircraft could be really awesome. Also some of squads maps wouldn't work for aircraft just because they are too small, like you mentioned chora.

Is it possible to make open map borders but only for planes? So that planes would have plenty of space for maneuvering  

Edited by RevolT

2 hours ago, RevolT said:

Is it possible to make open map borders but only for planes? So that planes would have plenty of space for maneuvering  

Yeah that's how it's done in project reality, and really that's the best way to do expanded maps for aircraft.

In my opinion the Squad developers should just copy and paste the jets system from PR into Squad. Make them slower then they are in real life. Ofcourse exclude them from small maps like Chora and OP First Light etc... but put them on the big maps like Kohat. Its just so disapointing.

I would actually prefer no player controlled fixed wing aircraft. I feel it detracts from the more important ground combat aspect of the game. However I'd love to see the use of airstrikes and appropriate cool-down mechanisms in place with AI flyovers though instead. 

Just shooting a quick idea: What if as a squad leader you have a SOFLAM or equivalent that can call in an airstrike from lets say an AI controlled F-15. Only one airstrike can be called in amongst all the squad leaders with a cooldown period of lets say..10 minutes or so. This would mean that all the squad leaders would need to communicate as to where it would be most effective to call in a strike on the battle map since the team as a whole gets only one strike shared. So if it's wasted then the consequence is that now the team must wait to use/get another strike. It eliminates players ignoring CAS missions and "abusing" aircraft,  keeps the action on the ground with the communicating squad elements for the most part, and makes the game less resource intensive. 

In theory a strike package could be tailored for every faction. Militia/Insurgent (Hypothetical?) 

Insurgents - Rocket strike

Militia - Artillery Barrage 

Russians - SU-24 Airstrike

USA - F-15E Airstrike

British - Tornado Airstrike

Etc.

This would give more responsibility to the leaders on the ground and add a new tactical element to controlling and moving across the map for both factions playing. The mechanics to employ this would be a lot easier in comparison to actually producing player controlled planes in-game and I feel would better represent the use and even visual display of an airstrike. If you've had the chance to play the RS2 beta think kind of along the lines of the F4 Phantom dropping those Napalm canisters, but instead is a high altitude flyover and a 500lbs bomb streaking down on a target. 

As for other features I'd love to see player controlled helicopters. Heavy transports like Chinooks, Merlins, Mi-8s, would be grand for larger troop movements but are still clear targets for ground fire, RPG's, and potential AA. Which means you can't go balls to the wall with them without risking major ticket loss. 

Attack birds like the Apache and Mi-28 would be great for CCA and have that firepower (limited) to support movements on the ground but are still very susceptible to ground fire, RPG's, and AA. Limiting a team to only 1 Heavy and 1 Attack would mean they'd need to be used effectively to make a difference, and just like current vehicles they'd eat up a fair amount of tickets of destroyed so no gungho helicoptering without potentially jeopardizing the match.  

Just some thoughts for everyone to chew on. ;)

On 28.2.2017 at 3:59 PM, Rainbow_Blue said:

I Totally agree with it. 

5/5 

+1

I'm not sure about jets, mostly because the maps are too small, but the only big thing I disagree with is snipers. I really enjoy how the game is made such that while people can shoot at each other from long distances, there's no Mexican stand off or shoot offs from a kilometer away. Maneuver is encouraged rather than discourage.

I believe that inclusion of snipers would mess that up and that squad marksmen serve in their role well already.

Wald