MattCorman

New content and suggestions to squad?

Hello everybody dev team! I really love this game, never play more realistic like this. Overther i post new suggestion what you cant to set to this game, i think there is very good things for next step made this game playable better!

For example :

Can we  have own inventory for customization own weapon? For example every soldier could have option for set more scopes, more attachements atp. Lot of game have customization, and squad could have it ? or not ? thx

Visual upgrade of faces! In this game every face of russian soldiers or arabian carpets soldiers :D looks worst, if you can rework a camoflage, for example sniper will look with ghilie like sniper, machine gunner will have haevy armor with more pockets, squad leader looks like pro with light vest and armbands atp. I think that could be cool.

more weapons like as val, vintorez, or kriss vektor atp, like this modularity weapons for any sizes.

Visualization on the map. Maps are beautfull but somewhere map need more grass, trees, atp. GORDOK is tha best ever made map, but better trees and more trees in forest made this popularity greatest one map ever,

Animation of jumping over walls, bariers atp, that will be coming probably in patch 9. Thats ok :) But comunity need more hype for more content and more variable and variety things in this game.

Unreal 4 is good, but any textures and graphics polygons pole, building atp looks oldest. Could you focus for every map and reworkit to better ? Thx 

12 minutes ago, MattCorman said:

Animation of jumping over walls, bariers atp, that will be coming probably in patch 9. Thats ok :) But comunity need more hype for more content and more variable and variety things in this game.

Hate to burst your bubble but the Animation and Inventory systems aren't slated for v9. We're looking at v10 as the earliest for those features, based on various discussions between discord, here, and reddit. 

v9 appears to be focusing on enhancements to vehicles (with the addition of tracked / n-wheel PhysX being implemented). So I would more likely guess that this patch is more of a content patch than not. 

28 minutes ago, MattCorman said:

Can we  have own inventory for customization own weapon? For example every soldier could have option for set more scopes, more attachements atp. Lot of game have customization, and squad could have it ? or not ? thx

Customization was confirmed.

Visual upgrade of faces! In this game every face of russian soldiers or arabian carpets soldiers :D looks worst, if you can rework a camoflage, for example sniper will look with ghilie like sniper, machine gunner will have haevy armor with more pockets, squad leader looks like pro with light vest and armbands atp. I think that could be cool.

There are no snipers in the game and probably won't ever be.

more weapons like as val, vintorez, or kriss vektor atp, like this modularity weapons for any sizes.

So far devs have been adding weapons quite consistently every couple of versions from what I've seen.
I am not sure if those particular ones will make it into the game, as they aren't widely used by armies. 
Squad is about the most basic infantry units, not special forces etc, though I could see vintorez being added for the Militia Scout instead of the SKS.

Visualization on the map. Maps are beautfull but somewhere map need more grass, trees, atp. GORDOK is tha best ever made map, but better trees and more trees in forest made this popularity greatest one map ever,

I agree, but you'll also notice that Gorodok is the most performance-heavy map, at the moment.
Again, as with weapons, OWI has been adding and updating maps quite consistently throughout the previous versions. I wouldn't be too worried.

Unreal 4 is good, but any textures and graphics polygons pole, building atp looks oldest. Could you focus for every map and reworkit to better ? Thx 

Currently, iirc Squad chooses the detail of graphics partly by an automatic proccess depending on how much VRAM you have. How much VRAM do you have? It could simply be that for your particular PC setup, Squad just doesn't look that nice, but for me, with an average PC and 4GB of vram, it looks really nice.
EDIT: You can also go into your Graphic's Card control panel and choose to filter textures to highest quality, that should help, somewhat.
...also Ambient Occlusion can make things look nicer in general.

Edited by Peerun

4 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Customization was confirmed.

There are no snipers in the game and probably won't ever be.

So far devs have been adding weapons quite consistently every couple of versions from what I've seen.
I am not sure if those particular ones will make it into the game, as they aren't widely used by armies. 
Squad is about the most basic infantry units, not special forces etc, though I could see vintorez being added for the Militia Scout instead of the SKS.

I agree, but you'll also notice that Gorodok is the most performance-heavy map, at the moment.
Again, as with weapons, OWI has been adding and updating maps quite consistently throughout the previous versions. I wouldn't be too worried.

Currently, iirc Squad chooses the detail of graphics partly by an automatic proccess depending on how much VRAM you have. How much VRAM do you have? It could simply be that for your particular PC setup, Squad just doesn't look that nice, but for me, with an average PC and 4GB of vram, it looks really nice.
EDIT: You can also go into your Graphic's Card control panel and choose to filter textures to highest quality, that should help, somewhat.
...also Ambient Occlusion can make things look nicer in general.

Thanks for hitting the rest of his points!

7 minutes ago, Engagedrook8 said:

Have they actually confirmed no snipers?

I think so, but there will be more more and possibly heavier DMR rifles, with better scopes in the future, so in that manner we will have "snipers" contrary to now where the DMR rifles have 1.75/2x scopes. there will be 4x (leopold scope) at least.

But "true" sniperrifles, i think have been confirmed wont come. snipers dont really play into the "squad" teamwork feeling, and getting shot from way across the map wouldnt feel great for neither the sniper or the victim.

30 minutes ago, Engagedrook8 said:

Have they actually confirmed no snipers?

The traditional "sniper" role will not be in Squad unless someone mods it in. You get a very similar role with the Designated Marksman however. High powered rifle but built into a squad based element rather than more of a lone wolf support style element. The M110, for instance, will have a much more high powered scope attached to it at some point in the future giving that role a bit more of the marksman feel to it. 

12 hours ago, Shovely Joe said:

I think so, but there will be more more and possibly heavier DMR rifles, with better scopes in the future, so in that manner we will have "snipers" contrary to now where the DMR rifles have 1.75/2x scopes. there will be 4x (leopold scope) at least.

But "true" sniperrifles, i think have been confirmed wont come. snipers dont really play into the "squad" teamwork feeling, and getting shot from way across the map wouldnt feel great for neither the sniper or the victim.

Actually I think if they do things right, the marksman  would have a higher that 4X because that is what most acogs that riflemen use are. and while yes snipers almost always take away from teamwork, if you do tit like project reality and limit a team to 2 snipers, then you give the team that ability to engage targets at a long distance, but keep the lone wolfing to a minimum, also the addition of a spotter kit helps too.

edit* well lol didn't realize a developer responded to me, no snipers after all

Edited by Engagedrook8

12 hours ago, Odin said:

The traditional "sniper" role will not be in Squad unless someone mods it in. You get a very similar role with the Designated Marksman however. High powered rifle but built into a squad based element rather than more of a lone wolf support style element. The M110, for instance, will have a much more high powered scope attached to it at some point in the future giving that role a bit more of the marksman feel to it. 

I'm glad to hear that higher magnification  scopes are coming, but is this something that y'all are already working on, or is this something for down the road?

Role with high powered rifle and optics named "sniper" doesn't fit the game, but role with high powered rifle and optics named "marksman" does. Easy.

1 hour ago, ZiGreen said:

Role with high powered rifle and optics named "sniper" doesn't fit the game, but role with high powered rifle and optics named "marksman" does. Easy.

In the military there are very subtle and some profound differences between an actual "sniper" and a designated marksman. We get the latter here with Squad. It will still serve a similar purpose as what people are looking for but built into an actual Squad as it would in reality to assist the Squad in engaging targets at a longer distance than your basic rifleman, while still working as a part of the team unit.

3 hours ago, Odin said:

In the military there are very subtle and some profound differences between an actual "sniper" and a designated marksman. We get the latter here with Squad. It will still serve a similar purpose as what people are looking for but built into an actual Squad as it would in reality to assist the Squad in engaging targets at a longer distance than your basic rifleman, while still working as a part of the team unit.

I know the difference in reality, but don't see how it will affect Squad. What would prevent marksman from running away to sit on a hill and increase his k/d? Of course, such guys usually get kicked from squad, but this is more about communication between players rather than role specifics.

There are no TO&E, field manuals, chain of command in Squad. Sniper will be in the same conditions:

1. Be in squad;

2. Try to not get kicked for squad;

3. Do something useful for squad and team, otherwise why the hell do you even want to play?

I remember you said that snipers are not common for line infantry, they are part of special units on brigade (usually) level. This argument is just boring, it's a game, not a milsim :) One sniper per team would be a cool asset. This game has ulimited distance of view, MORTARS, vehicles etc... Perfect conditions for sniper gameplay, as well s for anti-sniper mechanics.

You can't prevent players from lone wolf ply style and ignoring of tips you wrote in roles description. Players are able to kick the bad snipers. But without this role there won't be any chances for good snipers to exist.

4201596.jpg

We should set up a separate forum where people can discuss snipers exclusively, I can't be the only one who gets extremely annoyed when every thread turns into a sniper thread.

sniper.forums.joinsquad.com, let's make it happen please.

Edited by MultiSquid

10 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

4201596.jpg

We should set up a separate forum where people can discuss snipers exclusively, I can't be the only one who gets extremely annoyed when every thread turns into a sniper thread.

sniper.forums.joinsquad.com, let's make it happen please.

Thats already a thing... if you go there and cant get in, please just keep hitting refresh till you do. Sometimes it takes a long time though. its a stubborn site.

Agree. It will be more useful, if he will go there and will keep refreshing the page instead of coming here just to say he is annoyed of this thread.

4 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

We should set up a separate forum where people can discuss snipers exclusively,

I demand a separate one for fast ropes.

11 minutes ago, Rybec said:

I demand a separate one for fast ropes.

yep that one is there too.... fastropes.forums.joinsquad.com... also the same problem, just stay on the page and keep hitting refresh.