Sign in to follow this  

Hello, I don't usually participate in forum discussions but I am leaving my feedback because I'd like to see this game succeed. This isn't only my opinion but of many other players as I have mentioned it while playing and many people agree. I have many times shot someone in the head with almost every large caliber rifle in the game. Sometimes (25-30%ish) they go down in one shot. All the rest of the time I have to shoot them again. If I get 2 successful head shots they always go down. I can get a good head shot and then shoot them in the chest sometimes up to 3 times for them to die. A lot of the time I end up trading with them which is frustrating because it happens a lot. Sometimes I will be aiming and ready at a corner leaning, especially if it's my right side, and will start shooting before them. I always aim for the head and I can see the blood-puffs coming off their head but will end up dying with them. All of these situations are very frustrating because any head shot with 5.56 and up should kill an enemy. I have heard some say the helmet might be preventing it but insurgents with no helmets do the exact same thing. The helmet is more for protection from shrapnel, potentially stopping a smaller caliber round, or deflecting slower moving rounds from a distance. Close range rifle rounds would penetrate any helmet, especially within 50m. I am only critical because this game is obviously geared for realism. This is literally the only thing I have to criticize about. You are doing a fantastic job and I am looking forward to future updates, especially the next one. Cheers.

Edited by Exodus19

I'd attribute your problem to a combination of server lag and hit detection. I've noticed what you're describing since very early in squad, and some servers are better than others, some builds are better than others. But i really doubt the devs purposely designed headshots to be more than one hit kill with any rifle cartridge. Just flick on full auto/burst and hope for the best! 

Some tips for reducing this are picking low ping AND green health servers (though you likely already know that) happy shooting!

I only play on servers with a ping below 60 and I'm almost always get on servers based in Dallas which hit at around 20-30. It may be slightly affected by lag but I have shot one round into a head before and it did not kill him. I have played around with this as well with a friend since I posted this and I can shoot him in the head with an ak from 10ft. away and not kill him. I don't get it.

Edited by Exodus19

I have said over and over again the only big problem with this game is what happens when a bullet hits a person. I have said over and over again the only big problem with this game is what happens when a bullet hits a person  Sometimes it doesn't register, there is no hit reaction stamina loss or anything like that, large svd calibers take more than one chest shot to drop someone, 50 cal bullet isn't always instant incap (which it should be since no matter where you get shot with a 50cal, in real life you would be out of the fight). 

This is game has great potential, but with these issues, it will come up short. Post scriptum on the other hand are making their bullets more lethal. 

1 hour ago, Exodus19 said:

I only play on servers with a ping below 60 and I'm almost always get on servers based in Dallas which hit at around 20-30. It may be slightly affected by lag but I have shot one round into a head before and it did not kill him. I have played around with this as well with a friend since I posted this and I can shoot him in the head with an ak from 10ft. away and not kill him. I don't get it.

We aren't alone. On the steam forums there are many complaints about it. And I agree, most of the time you are waiting for enemy to enter the  room, even if you hit them first, they manage to turn and accurately return fire and you both die. That sort of frustration has taken me out of the game until something is sorted out. Just had enough of it. 

It's definitely by design that it takes more than 1 headshot. Any of the rifle calibers are a 1 hit headshot, end of story. Everything else is either bad hit registration or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I see and agree with you guys. I do not know why Dev`s forget by all new games the ping equalisation. That work well in the early Counter-Strikes. I do not know why they do not use that little script? Or give us a console orders where we can setup the optimal server rate?

The problem is by the ping difference among the players. I do not know why we are not playing on the server? Why the server check all the times the opponent players positions before bullet impact after the shot what you take? We are play on the servers not on the other player`s computer. I think that is the hit detection problem. I hope you understand my dizzy English!

So stop checking the opponent player movement after the shot what you take in 150 meter. Bullet arrive on this distance less time then server can be check opponent movement. Bullets speed 600 meter/sec. Ping 50m/s+process on server+80m/s+answer 80m/s+server process+50m/s to your computer=near 300m/s=0,3 second. Think is 0,3 second is no time in this game.

Edited by vaktyuk