Socrates

Rushing - The Game Changer

1 minute ago, Socrates said:

There technically is a new meta:

Team A stays in main base entire game and sets up a FOB in main base safezone. Sets up machine guns,etc. and wait for the enemy team to capture the flags.

Team B will fail to kill Team A inside their safezone while Team A can fire and kill Team B from inside their safezone.

If I'm correct, fresh flags at the start of the game do not incur penalties of tickets on the other team.

That means Team A wins the game despite all flags being captured by Team B as long as no one leaves main base safezone.

Well Team B will initiate a bleed on Team A of X tickets per minute (map layout and bleed tick varies).

So any Team B worth their weight will just let the idiots in Team A sit in their main and bleed them out and not go near main base 

Just now, BLITZA said:

Well Team B will initiate a bleed on Team A of X tickets per minute (map layout and bleed tick varies).

So any Team B worth their weight will just let the idiots in Team A sit in their main and bleed them out and not go near main base 

Oh right there's ticket bleed. But if there wasn't any ticket bleed, then this would have worked.

Just now, Socrates said:

Oh right there's ticket bleed. But if there wasn't any ticket bleed, then this would have worked.

There are many things that may work in the game if there weren't core mechanics xD

1 minute ago, grimshadow said:

Well if it keeps you from putting fobs in the middle of the road it might work for you. Not like you make it to a cap anyways 

Take it to private message if you want to keep taking shots at me. Wrong place to be doing this on.

Edited by Socrates

You just said you want to stay in main base the whole game. I don't and won't take shots at you, your already on a roll. But no it wouldn't work, 1 your team would be pissed, 2 ticket bleed, 3, your vehicles can still be blown up meaning you would loose tickets that way as well. So bad idea

1 minute ago, grimshadow said:

You just said you want to stay in main base the whole game. I don't and won't take shots at you, your already on a roll. But no it wouldn't work, 1 your team would be pissed, 2 ticket bleed, 3, your vehicles can still be blown up meaning you would loose tickets that way as well. So bad idea

I never said that I want to stay in main base the whole game. I'm giving a hypothetical situation. 

Edited by Socrates

Nerfing Rally Points in order to increase the focus on FOBs is probably the correct choice. That way it's not possible to create a countless stream of reinforcements.

8 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I have a long time dream for an open random start game mode on Kohat I just havent had the time to finish it.. It started! 

essentially each team would GENERALLY start opposite each other (within a large arc) and they have no main base. FIrst order of business is to establish a base wherever they want then capture objectives which would be conquest style caps and could supply weapons, vehicles and/or supplies. 

Can subsequent flags only be revealed after a team captures the current objective? i.e., the first flag location is only revealed after main base is established? That's my dream.

Edited by wingman9

Irontaxi can you make it so that say you have a Main and then there just is one Flag

that spawns could have pre sets for location  3 places and it picks one of them at start. 

team 1 takes the flag and holds it for x min then next front opens up and a new  flag spawns. and a thrid one after the second is captured

if team 2 get the second flag and the first flag. for x mins  the second flag will go away. 

and after x minuts holding the first flag a new flag spawn again. 

2 flags = bleed. 

6ado602.png

i should work but..meh squad is more fun! 

Wow, are you guys living under a rock? This thing as been going on since the introduction of vehicles. I wonder *cough* who *cough* came up with the idea first.

18 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

Wow, are you guys living under a rock? This thing as been going on since the introduction of vehicles. I wonder *cough* who *cough* came up with the idea first.

Even before V7. Which rock were you living under? :P

edit: Didn't see there was a second page, lol.

Edited by EKzyis

11 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I have a long time dream for an open random start game mode on Kohat I just havent had the time to finish it.. It started! 

essentially each team would GENERALLY start opposite each other (within a large arc) and they have no main base. FIrst order of business is to establish a base wherever they want then capture objectives which would be conquest style caps and could supply weapons, vehicles and/or supplies. 

I like this, anything that creates randomness in gameplay gets my vote. 

To force the creation of a main base, you could have "Base" fob that dropped a semi prebuilt base with some assets that you would need 2 or 3 SL's present to build.  The Main base is only visible on the map to your side. Once built, your first attack objective would spawn, visible to both sides. If you cap that, you get the next one and on and on.  If you never drop a main after X minutes, have a major ticket bleed.

It could both provide great gameplay or terrible steamrolling depending on the teams. 

Edited by LugNut

LOL bilsantu,

this is a tactic since PR,on some servers it was forbidden,and clans were agreeing to not use it in matches

Edited by .Bole

12 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I do like this a lot, too. But what about the vehicles? Where should they spawn? Just in the open?

But I would prefer to not force the team to set up a main base like some people here mentioned. It would restrict possible tactics you can't think about now. Let the players decide what they want to do.

Yeah, maybe it sounds stupid to not build a main base and straight go for the flags. But if the enemy is busy building his main base there won't be so much force on the flags. So you take the flags and bring the fight to the enemy's base. It would be even quite fair, since the attacking team doesn't have a backup plan (if every spawn gets wiped from the map, they can't spawn anymore and they lose --> glass cannon tactic?). The only problem I see here is, where the difference to current meta of rushing first flag is. The team with the main base would also be forced to cap flags to stop ticket bleed. Thus, I came to the idea of a game mode, where you

a) you killed all spawn points (not all players, that would would be maybe way too hard to do on such large maps xD)
b) you killed more tickets after a certain period of time

No ticket bleed. Flags only exist as spawn points which can also neutralized by surprise if the enemy doesn't pay attention. I can imagine that this would lead to some really desperate moves to keep the main base safe till the game ends (or you somehow managed to sneak some people out there and kill the enemys spawnpoints secretly) from all this pressure since that's the only thing keeping you from loosing. And the enemy would desperately try to kill the main base because they can't win with only the flags. But while doing this, they would also suffer great casualties.

Sorry if such kind of idea already came up somewhere. I wasn't active on this forum.

Edited by EKzyis

Linear, Sequential capturing (True AAS, as inferred by RagingDeath earlier), will stop leapfrogging of the kind described in the OP.

13 hours ago, wingman9 said:

Can subsequent flags only be revealed after a team captures the current objective? i.e., the first flag location is only revealed after main base is established? That's my dream.

totally possible yes. really the limits on game modes are fairly limitless!

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

Linear, Sequential capturing (True AAS, as inferred by RagingDeath earlier), will stop leapfrogging of the kind described in the OP.

How does this differ from current?  Ie you can't move a flag that isnt your next?

16 hours ago, Frontliner said:

Nerfing Rally Points in order to increase the focus on FOBs is probably the correct choice. That way it's not possible to create a countless stream of reinforcements.

I think this is a long term objective already. Need to mature the fobs first. 

13 hours ago, .Bole said:

LOL bilsantu,

this is a tactic since PR,on some servers it was forbidden,and clans were agreeing to not use it in matches

Yet I have never played PR and still came up with this thing. -_-

Also, forbidding this is lamer than using it.

7 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

That already how it works in Squad (and PR), LaughingJack...

Leapfrogging/Rushing work presicely BECAUSE of a linear cap order. You're not trying to cap the enemy flag when rushing, you're trying to stop the enemy from capping the flag.

Rush is the s.hit , is the only way codders can play SQUAD: flat, easy and fast.

Edited by El Pube

I feel like rushing has its place in certain situations but at the same time, if the enemy team successfully blocks the other team from capping their first points then the round just easily turns into running out of spawn just to get mowed down by people camping main base. These modes we have now were meant to be played a specific way and to change that by rushing upsets how the game flows. 

Now with what  IrOnTaXi has proposed with his alternative mode where you don't get a main base at the start, this rushing tactic would be a more liable tactic that wouldn't necessarily have a negative impact on the game. 

Edited by Maltent

11 hours ago, bilsantu said:

Yet I have never played PR and still came up with this thing. -_-

Also, forbidding this is lamer than using it.

One could argue "Forbidding It" is probably more in the spirit of the game, especially if you've played a lot of PR.

50 minutes ago, Maltent said:

I feel like rushing has its place in certain situations but at the same time, if the enemy team successfully blocks the other team from capping their first points then the round just easily turns into running out of spawn just to get mowed down by people camping main base. These modes we have now were meant to be played a specific way and to change that by rushing upsets how the game flows. 

Game modes are not meant to be played a specific way. They are played the way players find wins them the most games. Rushing is a consequence of the linear capping order of AAS. The linear capping order is fundamental to AAS. Rushing doesn't upset anything, it is the most successful strategy for winning a match in AAS. It's just that it leads to boring and repetitive gameplay.